• Navigation
Page 55 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
Results 1081 to 1100 of 3008
  1. #1081
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,631
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    It's not really comparable though since that one four pack is not going to last you all month -- hell, it probably won't last you all night.

  2. #1082
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    I can't imagine what kind of entertainment you could get cheaper for $12.95 a month. That's far less than the price of a single night out!
    Entertainment that I actually have time to enjoy like a $25 movie or playing in a Magic Tournament are worth far more to me than a game that I would barely have any time to play. I do really miss this game though sometimes. I think back to how awesome it felt to accomplish things in game.

    It isn't just about the raw cost. Time investment is sometimes worth more than the dollars.

  3. #1083
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    That's the thing though, that one four pack is not going to last you all month -- hell, it probably won't last you all night.
    Nope, it never does, and I'm still more satisfied. My priorities have shifted. What I'm saying is, I get more enjoyment out of a 4 pack of beer than I would from paying for a monthly video game service. Why is that so hard for people to understand? Not everyone wants to have monthly fees for video games, regardless of the cost.

  4. #1084
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    because fuck you for not liking the things i like

  5. #1085
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    I don't think anyone is saying that at all, but ok. Who wants to pay a monthly fee to anything? It's done because the person feels the price is justified for the service they are getting, like TV etc. I don't see how paying for video games can be beneath someone, as that is what is being implied here. People pay monthly fee's to things like magazines... The cost isn't even a factor, which is why people were confused and making comments like that. It just boils down to people not wanting to pay for the game because they don't want to play it. You can put 1~2 hours into any of these MMOs and get satisfaction and progress, it isn't like the old days where you needed to live on them.

  6. #1086
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    479
    BG Level
    4

    Yeah if you can't make time for something you like then you really don't like it very much, there's really no excuse. If you value a pack of beer more than FFXI that's fine but don't claim you love FFXI and really want to play again because you don't otherwise you would make room for it in your life. I'm sure everyone saying they have no time or money to play does many things as equally meaningless, time-wasting expensive as FFXI, they just value it more than FFXI. If it were free it wouldn't make a difference

  7. #1087
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    Yeah if you can't make time for something you like then you really don't like it very much, there's really no excuse. If you value a pack of beer more than FFXI that's fine but don't claim you love FFXI and really want to play again because you don't otherwise you would make room for it in your life. I'm sure everyone saying they have no time or money to play does many things as equally meaningless, time-wasting expensive as FFXI, they just value it more than FFXI. If it were free it wouldn't make a difference
    The difference with my posts is I never claimed I love FFXI. I liked it, a lot, ie past tense. If it was f2p I would probably toil around from time to time. Yes I can do this on a private server, and I have quite a few times, but constant crashes and bugs gets tiresome which led to me not bothering. If retail FFXI was f2p I would play. Shoot, I would probably play regularly.

  8. #1088
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,071
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    What if I think that Square Enix is a terrible company who doesn't deserve my money despite the fact that I enjoyed FFXI back in the day? Would that be a valid reason to want FFXI to go F2P?

    Obviously being facetious, but honestly the judgment about the way people want to spend/not spend their money is kind of ridiculous.

  9. #1089
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    What if I think that Square Enix is a terrible company who doesn't deserve my money despite the fact that I enjoyed FFXI back in the day? Would that be a valid reason to want FFXI to go F2P?

    Obviously being facetious, but honestly the judgment about the way people want to spend/not spend their money is kind of ridiculous.
    That's the only reason I've responded to any of the posts. To be judged on how I spend my money because it's not on FFXI or any other monthly fee game is hilarious. I'd bet a good 4 pack I could pick apart spending habits those criticizing us and show how they could probably afford something they state they can't or that they don't want to. But I would never do that because, it's not my business what others spend their money on and how they get enjoyment out of it.

    Back to beer, because it's awesome, I spent the most ever on a 6 pack a few weeks back, $23.68. Friend and I drank it in one night. Felt good.

  10. #1090
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,883
    BG Level
    10

    So you'll spend $25 on a 6 in one night but not on a game for two months.

  11. #1091
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    You are completely missing the point while trying to look cool in the process and failing. Nobody gives a shit you spend money on dumb shit, you came and said the initial problem was the fee. It's obviously not the fee and its obviously just you not wanting to play, which is what I said earlier.

    What if I think that Square Enix is a terrible company who doesn't deserve my money despite the fact that I enjoyed FFXI back in the day? Would that be a valid reason to want FFXI to go F2P?

    Obviously being facetious, but honestly the judgment about the way people want to spend/not spend their money is kind of ridiculous.
    Then obviously it isn't the cost of the game but the fact that its run by SE. If you wanted to play the game the cost doesn't matter, you would play, which is what the whole question was about in the first place. Nobody is judging people for how they spend their money, they were simply saying that cost isn't the reason they aren't playing.

  12. #1092
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    So you'll spend $25 on a 6 in one night but not on a game for two months.
    Yes, because that's where my priorities are now. Or on a dinner with family and friends. Or many other things. I possibly should've said this from the jump, but another reason is I have such a massive pc game collection now I could be satisfied with gaming for potentially the next 3 years due to my backlog. Over the time I spent within FFXI I missed out on Mass Effect series, Dead Space series, Dragon Age, Crysis, Elder Scrolls, Witcher, Borderlands, Bioshock, and many many more. I also have GTA V that I've put all of 5 hours into, and I easily see myself getting lost in that game.

    When I think about FFXI, I think about grinding for hours, farming for hours, and doing events for a +1 STR item or something similar. Or the countless hours/days/weeks spent camping and having nothing to show for it. I know the game has changed for the better (I was one who loved Abyssea) but grinding gear to do 10 more damage on a WS (I'm being facetious) doesn't sound fun anymore, especially when I'm paying monthly to do it. Thinking about Oblivion that I just bought for $5 during the summer sale and all of the mods I can do and the world I can get lost in sounds more entertaining for me. But this is all for me. It's not the law for everyone. I do not condemn anyone who still plays FFXI and loves it. If that's your jam, cool! But being judgmental on those of us that don't want to spend any money on it no matter the cost? Not cool.

  13. #1093
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    You are completely missing the point while trying to look cool in the process and failing. Nobody gives a shit you spend money on dumb shit
    And this is exactly why when you post you look silly in front of everyone. You immediately are being judgmental on how I spend my money. And I do not try to look cool on the internet. This is who I am, period.

  14. #1094
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    No, I'm not being judgmental. That was said because I really don't care how you spend your money. Not sure how I look silly when I don't regret spending a measly 12 dollars for something that brings me entertainment, regardless if its this game or any other game. I don't need to downplay a sub fee for anything if I enjoy it or not. Then you go and say how you buy 50 other games to replace that monthly fee, what point are you trying to make exactly? You don't wanna play the game, that is it like I said earlier lol. I said I don't get why people bring up the sub fee instead of just saying that, you enjoyed it once and now you don't anymore that's it. The fee has nothing to do with it.

  15. #1095
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    No, I'm not being judgmental. That was said because I really don't care how you spend your money.
    This is the pure definition of being judgmental. If you cannot understand that then there is no arguing it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Not sure how I look silly when I don't regret spending a measly 12 dollars for something that brings me entertainment, regardless if its this game or any other game. I don't need to downplay a sub fee for anything if I enjoy it or not.
    And $13 for a 4 pack of beer to me is also measly. It's about preference, which you clearly can't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Then you go and say how you buy 50 other games to replace that monthly fee, what point are you trying to make exactly?
    I have around 330 games between Uplay, Origin, GoG, and Steam that I have accrued over the last two and a half years, and my point was I have other games to venture into the first time, hence why paying a monthly fee for something that I've played for years is pointless at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    You don't wanna play the game, that is it like I said earlier lol. I said I don't get why people bring up the sub fee instead of just saying that, you enjoyed it once and now you don't anymore that's it. The fee has nothing to do with it.
    You obviously skipped the post where I stated if it was f2p I would play, and probably regularly.

    Many many people across here and AH.com have said you are a XI homer and posts like those in this thread show why. It appears you are unable to comprehend why someone would choose not to play because your love for XI runs so deep. It seems there is no conversation with you unless it favors XI.

  16. #1096
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    Dude, it has nothing to do with XI as it can be said for any MMO or sub fee. I don't care if you don't wanna play the game, the discussion that came up was about MMO's in general. People saying they don't play them due to sub cost fee, not even related to XI at all. Keep in mind I'm not the only one with a similar opinion, as you can find them on this very page.

  17. #1097
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,883
    BG Level
    10

    You see, when you explain it that way it would have been easier to say you don't want a subscription you're not going to use.

    Playing the game isn't a priority for you. It has nothing to do with money.

  18. #1098
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    You see, when you explain it that way it would have been easier to say you don't want a subscription you're not going to use.

    Playing the game isn't a priority for you. It has nothing to do with money.
    Fair enough. And comments like that are awesome to respond to because it's constructive. Thank you.

  19. #1099
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,883
    BG Level
    10

    No problem. I get it. It's not about beer or anything. It's just not worth the investment.

  20. #1100
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,918
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    FFXI Nostalgia/I miss arguing in Dragon's Aery/So now I'll argue about FFXI on BG/Are you sure it's not 2005?/Never Grow-up Thread

Page 55 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 256
    Last Post: 2009-08-02, 15:44
  2. Why did you start smoking?
    By Klutz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 2008-07-14, 17:09