• Navigation
Page 76 of 151 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 1501 to 1520 of 3008
  1. #1501
    I stick my dick in Crayfish
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    885
    BG Level
    5

    I remember getting a group together to go farm Carbuncle mitts back when 75 was pretty rare. Just a mixed group of level 30-60s running through tonberry land getting raped. Fighting that super tonberry that would Searing Light every two minutes.

    I finally got my pair and felt amazing. With vermillion cloak I was getting MP back with carby out. Changed smn to what it should have been for all avatars (fighting with avatar out).

  2. #1502
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,071
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    getting raped.
    Please don't.

    I remember going through the Temple of Uggla-wtf a few times to get testimonies for the Maat fight. I'm still convinced RDM Maat cheats, the dirty fucker. WHM Maat was a joke though. Then I did BLM Maat at 75 for shits and giggles and decided that if I were Taru and had maybe like 2 additional pieces of gear I probably could have one-shot him. It was pretty close on my Hume.

  3. #1503
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    fucking skillchains/MBs, man. i miss that shit. i remember when i did maat for sam (my first) i had a 7-step skillchain all planned out to kick his ass, because i'd heard he was difficult. i managed to get three WS off before he keeled over. i think i was just popping meikyo shisui as the skillchain damage killed him.
    SAM Maat was such a joke. RDM, DRK, and MNK were the worst for me.

    I cheated and took RDM to 71 for the cap so I had Fire 3

  4. #1504
    Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,268
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    fucking skillchains/MBs, man..
    MBs do 99,999 now. LOL

  5. #1505
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,603
    BG Level
    8

    I failed like 7 times on DRK, never thought to try him with BLM... I was farming gold orcmasks at the time anyway lol Blood Weapon, WBash, and Stun fucks your day up as a Taru DRK because he'd always follow that shit up with his WS.

  6. #1506
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    I failed like 7 times on DRK, never thought to try him with BLM... I was farming gold orcmasks at the time anyway lol Blood Weapon, WBash, and Stun fucks your day up as a Taru DRK because he'd always follow that shit up with his WS.
    That was also another issue I had for DRK. Only place I knew of for testimonies was a NM orc.

  7. #1507
    Ruke
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,972
    BG Level
    7

    Scraped through some old pictures, the inflation stories reminded me of this wonderful time of NM farming:
    Spoiler: show


    Went 27/109 on Fire Bomblet, definitely lived in a literal cave for a good stretch of time.

  8. #1508
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,795
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Playing around on a mule, and got the best message a RNG can ever get. Was always pumped when this type of thing happened.

  9. #1509
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,918
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    Scraped through some old pictures, the inflation stories reminded me of this wonderful time of NM farming:
    Spoiler: show


    Went 27/109 on Fire Bomblet, definitely lived in a literal cave for a good stretch of time.
    Lol Roisu made a cool million in two days. The inflation winter was amazing. Sold a Scorp Harness+1 and Alky Bracelets and turned it into full HQ Hecatomb and a good portion of Mandau over the year.

  10. #1510

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,317
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Feels like we are all a bunch of war buddies reminiscing about the "inflation winter" and how we all survived. I think that's when $5 was getting a million gil on certain websites that I still don't think we are allowed to mention on these forums. Good times.

  11. #1511
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,603
    BG Level
    8

    Back in the day when WHM tele-taxis were charging 5-7k for Xarcabard, my lil broke ass knew better than not to travel without a WHM friend ANYWHERE back then lol

  12. #1512
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,071
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    I loved tele-taxing on WHM before the invite bots started to become a thing. Sometimes it was like "challenge accepted" and other times I was like "nah, fuck this son."

  13. #1513
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Feels like we are all a bunch of war buddies reminiscing about the "inflation winter" and how we all survived. I think that's when $5 was getting a million gil on certain websites that I still don't think we are allowed to mention on these forums. Good times.
    I remember getting my haub during inflation. I was so close to having enough gil then come around late fall BAM!

    But man oh man the RMT wars back then. I remember when people said RMT would never make it into sky and when they did that place became a free for all MPK fest where if they weren't trying to MPK you, you were MPKing them.

  14. #1514
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,001
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Oh man smn burns. I still remember when my LS leader refused to attempt a 2hr reset for a group I was in because they were all in a botting shell.

    He also spent 15 mins telling me what a terrible person I was for buying abjs from them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #1515
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,795
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    Back in the day when WHM tele-taxis were charging 5-7k for Xarcabard, my lil broke ass knew better than not to travel without a WHM friend ANYWHERE back then lol
    You think you were broke? I started played a few months before WotG and for some reason choco prices in jeuno shot up. I couldn't afford the 2-3k to rent so had to get good at dodging aggro on foot.

  16. #1516
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    unless i was racing to a NM or something similarly time-constraining, I NEVER paid for the chocobo if it was more than 1k. i just ran, and later used my own.

  17. #1517
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,426
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I still love this song during this time of year.


  18. #1518
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    unless i was racing to a NM or something similarly time-constraining, I NEVER paid for the chocobo if it was more than 1k. i just ran, and later used my own.
    This is why I'm so glad I raised a chocobo for traveling.

  19. #1519
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,002
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    You think you were broke? I started played a few months before WotG and for some reason choco prices in jeuno shot up. I couldn't afford the 2-3k to rent so had to get good at dodging aggro on foot.
    BLM was my first 75, taking 8 years, mostly because I couldn't find ways to get gil very well in the playtime I had to upgrade equipment or spells. I didn't see my first time having a million or more gil in my inventory until after Abyssea was out. I took WHM high enough to be able to use all the teleport scrolls I quested so I could try to make money with that and Retrace.

  20. #1520
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Oh god I forgot about guide.
    I read that guide front to back so many times before I even had the game, waiting for PS2 release. I didn't take any noob lessons away from it, just wanted to DRG/SAM but alas the penta-nerf was before I ever got to that point.

    That guide has plenty of dumb stuff in it but there were a lot of useful things too, especially for a noob.

Page 76 of 151 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 256
    Last Post: 2009-08-02, 15:44
  2. Why did you start smoking?
    By Klutz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 2008-07-14, 17:09