• Navigation
Page 85 of 151 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 ... LastLast
Results 1681 to 1700 of 3008
  1. #1681
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    953
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    it's been so long since i logged in, not sure where to start... no one i know on valefor playing anymore i'm pretty sure.

  2. #1682
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,051
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    If you pop in atm and need a bit of gil, or work on your relic/armor, a current campaign is you get full time extension when you enter Dynamis. No having to spend time and dodging on getting the TE.

    As for jobs, PUP and BST are fairly solid atm. My LS is using the puppet to main tank many things, even when a PLD is available. SCH can do some bonkers work.
    And COR is always welcome anywhere.

  3. #1683
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,467
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Extra Credits played a video that had music from an FFXI fan arrangement. I recommend listening to the whole thing.


  4. #1684
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,051
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Harvest of Rock and Stone?
    Same guy as Mine for Fish?

  5. #1685
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    206
    BG Level
    4

    It sounds great - Yet more proof Bastok was the best starting nation!

  6. #1686
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,002
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Extra Credits played a video that had music from an FFXI fan arrangement. I recommend listening to the whole thing.

    One of their Extra History series did the entire soundtrack by Tweex for Land of Vana'diel. I found him on soundcloud later.

  7. #1687
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    someone posted this on reddit, and oh man did it take me back.


    Spoiler: show

    I call forth, the divine powers of Alanta <call0>
    begins to lift the rock from the ground with his power.
    YESSSSSSSSSSS I FEEL THE BOOOST OF POWAR!<call1>
    CAN YOU FEEL IT VANADEIL? THIS IS TRUE POWER!
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH<Call2>
    <Call17>Current power stats:
    power bar [|||||| ] 30%
    power bar [||||||||||||||||| ] 65%
    power bar [||||||||||||||||||||||| ] 100%
    NOW GATHER AROUND MY BROTHERANS
    HERE I GO
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU<Call3>
    /ja "Boost" <me>
    MY NEXT ATTACK WILL NOW DO MORE DMG<Call1>
    power begins to fade
    power bar [|||||||||||||||||| ] 75%
    power bar [|||||||||]40%
    power bar []0%
    I tried my best, tell me..
    will i dream <Call10>
    ...
    ...
    BOOST MACRO READY

  8. #1688
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    238
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

    Amazing

  9. #1689
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Still the greatest use of a macro in FFXI history

  10. #1690
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,697
    BG Level
    9

    so damn good, so many years later.

  11. #1691
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    I had an infusion today. It always fucks with my body, makes it difficult to sleep. I'm sitting here listening to the XI OST at 4 AM and I just wanna be Bane and run a 40 man dynamis again, threaten to fuck some lazy DD in the ear again. Just generally be ridiculous and have fun. Alas, even if I resubbed, Bane is no more. He lost his name with Fairy, and Kharo does not threaten sexual violence. Dynamis is not the same. I do not know 40 people who play.


    I wish FFXIV had some FC content.

  12. #1692
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    infusion? MS? maybe you have talked about this but I missed it?

    hope you are well, Bane. I hear you. almost 60 and I have made like one friend in XIV. it's a lovely game, much more streamlined, but it doesn't have the social atmosphere of XI. never will...

  13. #1693
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    I have Crohn's Disease, and my primary medication is delivered via infusion therapy. It's a pretty powerful medication, related to some types of chemo, I think. It leaves me in a curious state: I am both exhausted and restless, and often get a strange full-body ache. It's nothing new, and I'm used to dealing with it. Thank you.

    I have a good community in FFXIV. Lots of friends. It's built around a core of us who stayed in contact after we quit FFXI, and we've focused on building the social aspect of the game. Unfortunately, we're completely on our own for coming up with FC-wide events, which is what I miss. There is NO support at all from SE's end. There's simply nothing to DO with more than 8 (MAYBE 24) people. So we make shit up. Games, contests, etc. They're pretty fun, and give us an opportunity to do silly shit as a big group, but they're really just something we do with our virtual avatars, not really anything to do with FFXIV as a game.

    I miss being able to take ~40 people who could barely follow the command "follow the angry Galka" and ram them through Dynamis Windurst and come out of it with some game progression and a good story.

  14. #1694

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,646
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    someone posted this on reddit, and oh man did it take me back.


    Spoiler: show

    I call forth, the divine powers of Alanta <call0>
    begins to lift the rock from the ground with his power.
    YESSSSSSSSSSS I FEEL THE BOOOST OF POWAR!<call1>
    CAN YOU FEEL IT VANADEIL? THIS IS TRUE POWER!
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH<Call2>
    <Call17>Current power stats:
    power bar [|||||| ] 30%
    power bar [||||||||||||||||| ] 65%
    power bar [||||||||||||||||||||||| ] 100%
    NOW GATHER AROUND MY BROTHERANS
    HERE I GO
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU<Call3>
    /ja "Boost" <me>
    MY NEXT ATTACK WILL NOW DO MORE DMG<Call1>
    power begins to fade
    power bar [|||||||||||||||||| ] 75%
    power bar [|||||||||]40%
    power bar []0%
    I tried my best, tell me..
    will i dream <Call10>
    ...
    ...
    BOOST MACRO READY
    LOL I remember that one well. I think it was made by someone named ChilliCheese or something like that. Ah those days when there all kinds of jokes about the various over the top boost macros.

    Though one macro that sticks in my mind is this one guy's provoke macro: "So I fucked your mom last night" x_x


    Heh Dynamis-Windurst.. nothing felt more satisfying.. shy of beating Maat on my 3rd try as RDM, than beating that Dynamis. Oh GOD.. I don't remember how many wipes my shell had in there. I recall shortly before we started in what would be our last run, the leader saying that he hopes everyone that needs this clear has come because if we clear it, we ain't doing this ever again.

    Dynamis-Xarcabard was just an annoyance.

    Done Dynamis-Sandy so many times that if I were to do it again, I'm probably going to lose my mind.

    And now I wanna talk about my Maat fight lol. Well, I remember the second and third attempt more than the first. Second, I refused to be punked out by this guy and just wouldn't die the way he wanted, so he said fuck it, try to heal through back-to-back Asuran Fists. I didn't survive through the third .

  15. #1695
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    lol Maat. My first 75 was Samurai. Samurai Maat is absurdly easy, but I didn't know that. I'd read about how difficult he was, so I planned out a 7-WS unbroken skillchain. I got to the third WS and he died. I was disappointed.

  16. #1696
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,902
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    lol Maat. My first 75 was Samurai. Samurai Maat is absurdly easy, but I didn't know that. I'd read about how difficult he was, so I planned out a 7-WS unbroken skillchain. I got to the third WS and he died. I was disappointed.
    That was pretty much my experience. I had Wings, potions, everything all geared to go. I was sad that I had spent so much and it was over so quickly.

  17. #1697
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,032
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I remember the day I got my thf armlets. One of the first NA on odinwith them. Zombing Dynamis lord was epic too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #1698
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    lol Maat. My first 75 was Samurai. Samurai Maat is absurdly easy, but I didn't know that. I'd read about how difficult he was, so I planned out a 7-WS unbroken skillchain. I got to the third WS and he died. I was disappointed.
    Ahh good ol' Maat. If only XIV had some fun solo fights like that.

    I still remember the grind getting my Maat's cap before I quit. DRK/RDM/MNK were probably my least favorite.

    SMN too since I didn't know shit and didn't have Fenrir.

  19. #1699
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    There's a mission where you duel Raubahn. That's pretty fuckin fun.



    Not really hard though.

  20. #1700
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    There's a mission where you duel Raubahn. That's pretty fuckin fun.



    Not really hard though.
    That thing was a snorefest for me.

Page 85 of 151 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 256
    Last Post: 2009-08-02, 15:44
  2. Why did you start smoking?
    By Klutz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 2008-07-14, 17:09