Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 541
  1. #401
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Was thinking about getting this but it's getting pretty shitty reviews ;/

  2. #402
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    427
    BG Level
    4

    Whenever i read a review for anything it just looks like word vomit. I never understand what they're trying to exactly say if bad about it. Did the JP one get bad reviews also? its been out alot longer.

    Edit: just read gamespots full review. They mentioned the game is missing very simple QOL features. How many of an item you need for a quest you've gotten, where to locate them. I'm gonna get them game in about 12 hours i'll post something if its as irritating as the reviewer makes it sound.

  3. #403
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,558
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...critic-reviews

    Probably best to wait unless you really need a new RPG to play.

  4. #404
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    659
    BG Level
    5

    Whythe fuck would I ever listen to western critics regarding jrpg?

    Newsflash: jrpg haven't been well received by (white) western critics for over a decade now.

  5. #405
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,269
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    Newsflash: jrpg haven't been well received by (white) western critics for over a decade now.
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u...ge-sessions-fe

  6. #406
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    While the reviews are disappointing, I almost have to support Tri-Ace here for a number of reasons. Chief among them is wanting them to keep doing VP and SO titles.

    Also, 100 bucks in Amazon credit means I get the game for free anyways.

    And a lot of these reviews are ignoring some obvious fixes from SO4...m'kay?

  7. #407
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,777
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Story has always sucked ass in every single Star Ocean, so most of the reviews giving it negatives for story is kinda eh

  8. #408
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,740
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    It's star ocean and it's fun to play.

    The only big minus I experienced playing it in JP is when you're talking to npcs in some kind of story scene, you can freely move around but you can't leave the circular area until the scene ends. Didn't help I couldn't understand shit. Don't remember if you could fast forward or skip.

    Id also say the game being allegedly pretty short is another minus.

    Spoiler: show
    I think you also never leave the one single planet you're on? Also don't think you fully explore it either? Not 100% on this one though so don't quote me on it


    But at the end of the day it's still a new star ocean game and it's fun to play. Now if only I had a ps4. But apparently everyone outside of Japan has a ps4 and threw their ps3s in the trash so....

  9. #409
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    Whythe fuck would I ever listen to western critics regarding jrpg?

    Newsflash: jrpg haven't been well received by (white) western critics for over a decade now.
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u...e-chronicles-x

    I mean whatever fits your narrative in wanting to play it, but I'll pass on this one. Since I've never played a previous Star Ocean anyway.

  10. #410
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,269
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Let's even try going back a couple years

    http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/bravely-default

  11. #411
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,777
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    WHY THE FUCK ARE ANY OF YOU TRYING TO ARGUE WITH JCVD?

    Since most of you don't frequent fgc threads, trust me, it's a no-win proposition worse then getting into an argument with Elcura.

  12. #412
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Story has always sucked ass in every single Star Ocean, so most of the reviews giving it negatives for story is kinda eh
    This is what I say every time there's a new Star Ocean. lol

    Star Ocean is all about the battle system and the crafting system. If you play for the story, you're gonna have a bad time.

  13. #413
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    WHY THE FUCK ARE ANY OF YOU TRYING TO ARGUE WITH JCVD?

    Since most of you don't frequent fgc threads, trust me, it's a no-win proposition worse then getting into an argument with Elcura.
    Because I have no idea who he is. So I'll take your word for it!

  14. #414
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    I'll wait a few days to hear from you all about it. I had it pre-ordered and Amazon shipped it before all the awful reviews came about. I'll hold off on opening it for a few days incase it is a return. Its getting hammered left and right

  15. #415
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,269
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I just like to argue >.> I am a lawyer after all...

  16. #416
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,741
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    This is what I say every time there's a new Star Ocean. lol

    Star Ocean is all about the battle system and the crafting system. If you play for the story, you're gonna have a bad time.

    I loved the story in 3, lmao.




    Gameplay was still better.
    Orichalcum crafting at the midpoint was bothersome...still loved it.

  17. #417
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    it's a no-win proposition worse then getting into an argument with Elcura.
    I can say the same of the rest of BG except most of them don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

    And in this thread go figure.

  18. #418
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    So, I heard a rumor a new Star Ocean was released.

    Lets chat about that, shall we?

  19. #419
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I can say the same of the rest of BG except most of them don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

  20. #420
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    659
    BG Level
    5

    Wtf I wasn't even trying to argue, lol.

    And stop linking random ass jrpg getting decent reviews. That's not what I meant at all.

    These day and age, certain niche jrpg will get above average reviews, but at the end of the day, these western critics will never again rate a jrpg up there with their western RPG darlings like elder scroll, mass effect, Witcher, and whatever the fuck else blizzard/Bethesda cranks out.

    Jrpg are for hardcore old school gamers who actually enjoy gameplay instead of shit like "immersion" and "cinematic experience" and all that bullshit.

    This is why it's so odd that some people still take opinions of Western critics on jrpg seriously.

    They hate and love jrpg for the complete opposite reason of people who actually love jrpg.

    I'd sooner listen to game FAQs reader reviews regarding jrpg than fucking GameSpot and game informer ROFL.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Star Ocean 4 for PS3 via Gamefly leak
    By Kenai in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 2009-09-25, 10:29
  2. Star Ocean The last Hope
    By Finn in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 2009-05-22, 13:01
  3. Star Ocean 1 & 2 Remake/Port for PSP AND future SO4
    By Julian in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 499
    Last Post: 2009-03-26, 06:22
  4. Star Ocean 4
    By Kyo in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 2008-11-18, 13:52