Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I soloed it as cor/dnc with outdated gear. Used Arciela, Amchuchu, Seltheus, Cherukiki(cause I changed unity before quitting and was too lazy to go unlock Apu again), and someone I don't remember cause they died instantly due to bad positioning.

That's actually important, try to make it so your trusts don't end up all staying in front of CoD or they'll all take too much damage.

I died once, but recovered and then finished the job.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Went 1/1 on final boss solo w/trusts using Amchuchu to tank, Sehl'teus, Arciela 1, Joachim, and Kupipi. As long as you position it correctly so only Amchuchu is in front of the boss, it's pretty hard to lose, and I very rarely got into yellow HP with all the healing. If you are on a job that can make Fusion/Light with Iroha, I imagine it would go much faster.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I just got to this fight now. I've done most of the missions and bcs as pld/rdm. Decided to try the final fight with my usual trust combo of Arciela II, Shantotto II, Sylvie, Cherukuki, and Excenmille [S]. Clearly it did not work all that well . I didn't do much prior research to the fight.

I do not have any of the trusts from the alter-ego campaigns, including what seems to be a favorite in Amchuchu. I can switch unities to get Apururu, but what other trust combinations should I consider? Should I go full support with 2x whm, Selt'heus, Ulmia, and Arciela II? Face CoD away from them? Stand further?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Since you're a paladin, I would shout for a ranged damage dealer of some kind to help you. If you can position yourself so your trust healers don't get melted, you should be fine like that.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by JCopp80 View Post
    I just got to this fight now. I've done most of the missions and bcs as pld/rdm. Decided to try the final fight with my usual trust combo of Arciela II, Shantotto II, Sylvie, Cherukuki, and Excenmille [S]. Clearly it did not work all that well . I didn't do much prior research to the fight.

I do not have any of the trusts from the alter-ego campaigns, including what seems to be a favorite in Amchuchu. I can switch unities to get Apururu, but what other trust combinations should I consider? Should I go full support with 2x whm, Selt'heus, Ulmia, and Arciela II? Face CoD away from them? Stand further?
    my trio was run rng geo, so i switched to apururu unity for this fight and she worked very well. we used koru-moru (can rep with arciela2) and qultada as our other 2 trusts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Since you're a paladin, I would shout for a ranged damage dealer of some kind to help you. If you can position yourself so your trust healers don't get melted, you should be fine like that.
    blu, bst, rng (with wf or tf) would be my picks, since they can alternate physical or magical dmg depending on what the cloud is absorbing.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I tried again this morning by myself (being up early means most of my friends are sleeping lol). I switched to Apururu's unity and used him, Chebukuki, Selh'teus, Semhi, and Tenzen. I figured they'd all hang back and be out of range of AoE and I was right. However, it is real hard to keep up with the damage it does to me while straight tanking.

I died twice, and while weakened I did notice that I could kite him while engaged (I tried to have Trion tank it while I was weakened and he didn't last all that long - granted I had only called Apururu while weakened instead of other healers). He did less damage to me while I was kiting him than when I was tanking him straight up. Of course, I have to remain engaged if i want damage done to him.

I got him to 35% before I timed out.

Will bring a friend or two next time hopefully.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by JCopp80 View Post
    I tried again this morning by myself (being up early means most of my friends are sleeping lol). I switched to Apururu's unity and used him, Chebukuki, Selh'teus, Semhi, and Tenzen. I figured they'd all hang back and be out of range of AoE and I was right. However, it is real hard to keep up with the damage it does to me while straight tanking.

I died twice, and while weakened I did notice that I could kite him while engaged (I tried to have Trion tank it while I was weakened and he didn't last all that long - granted I had only called Apururu while weakened instead of other healers). He did less damage to me while I was kiting him than when I was tanking him straight up. Of course, I have to remain engaged if i want damage done to him.

I got him to 35% before I timed out.

Will bring a friend or two next time hopefully.
    in my 2 solos attempts at this bc, iroha arised me after i was defeated and continued to fight the cloud. the cloud was never idle, and therefore never regened, so i had no reason to kite it weakened.

was her behaviour different during your attempts?

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Let's say you died and are on the sideline waiting for weakness letting Iroha keep CoD busy. If Iroha dies she won't revive asap but CoD will regain a good chunk of % until she engages it again.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Let's say you died and are on the sideline waiting for weakness letting Iroha keep CoD busy. If Iroha dies she won't revive asap but CoD will regain a good chunk of % until she engages it again.
    ok, i must've just gotten lucky with her holding it for the full 3min. one of the times she died as i was re-engaging, but i didn't an opportunity to see what you described.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Is that the one where you get Cipher: Iroha? Because my inventory was full and I couldn't obtain it, I could only progress to the next mission after going to the mystical whatever in the crystal chamber and obtaining the cipher.
    What's the mystical whatever in the crystal chamber? I'm having this issue now for one of my mules. I checked both the reisen crystal and transcendental radiance and neither gave me the cipher