Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: XCOM 2 (PC/PS4/XB1)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Well, I finally beat the game. Played on lame normal but also Iron Man'd it up. Ended up losing a few of my really good ladies and one guy I turned into a MEC. Story spoilers that might tie in with xcom 2:

Spoiler: show
    So at the end, when the etherals are talking about other species, they mention that they themselves didn't ascend and that "they" were disappointed in them. From what it sounds like there might've been even stronger aliens pulling the strings and that might be what happens to earth even though we "saved it". I'm also really hoping there's some sort of save transfer so we can see our super chosen soldier again. I'm going to miss Maria 'Geronimo' Ramos :'(

So, site that shall not be named has an interview with the game designer. Basically, we lost hard in XCOM 1. We didn't even get past our normal kinetic weapons is what he said. XCOM got completely overwhelmed and the aliens took over pretty quick.

I don't like that none of our accomplishments and all the shit we went through in the first one means nothing. :/ I will still buy and play the hell out of this though. Just wish it would have happened based off us winning then it being like, yeah... those were just scouts... sorry :D

So for shits and giggles I've been trying out Imp-Iron... yeah fuck that shit. No wonder he said it was considered "cannon" and why we got our asses wooped so hard lol

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I downloaded the Long War off of Nexus. Holy fuck. It's basically like a massive expansion for the game. And it's absolutely brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I downloaded the Long War off of Nexus. Holy fuck. It's basically like a massive expansion for the game. And it's absolutely brutal.
    Want to share the file :D? Or let me borrow your account >.>;?

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

I went to google and typed in Xcom Long War. First list was from a site called nexusmods. Hmmmm.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

way back i had to use mods from there to unlock the special options, which was eventually unlocked anyway officially. do you have to pay for access now or something?

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    I went to google and typed in Xcom Long War. First list was from a site called nexusmods. Hmmmm.
    That's the one. It's fucking fantastic. Costs about two dollars to be able to download it from Nexus.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It doesn't cost anything. There's an option to sign up for nexus without donating.

Long War is an amazing mod though, it completely changes the game. The air game is much more challenging and you really experience loss because no matter what you do...you will lose members of the council. The difference is you can get them back in LW by doing base assault missions. There is a lot more to the game, but know also that it is brutal. Not a lot of hand holding.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Add on top of that the fact that after each mission your squad members take 5 days off regardless of health/damage. You basically need to have a rotation of 30+ troops. One of the additions is also to double squad size up to 12. Classes are altered. Instead of support it's now medic or grenadier. Heavies are either machine gunners or rocketeers etc. It forces you to think a lot more.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by noblemountain View Post
    It doesn't cost anything. There's an option to sign up for nexus without donating.

Long War is an amazing mod though, it completely changes the game. The air game is much more challenging and you really experience loss because no matter what you do...you will lose members of the council. The difference is you can get them back in LW by doing base assault missions. There is a lot more to the game, but know also that it is brutal. Not a lot of hand holding.
    I tried that. When I attempted to download the mod it prompted me to donate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

wow that sounds like a ton of fun. wish i coulda tried it before ff expansion came out

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Hnnnggg, I want it now

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Seriously.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Using Overwatch before moving your whole team? Tsk, tsk.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

That video kind of gave me a tutorial vibe. Still, I liked the mobile evac site. Gives a bit more flexibility if things go bad.

And that overwatch before everyone moved seemed like a viable tactic. If you knew shooting one would cause the others to run behind cover, better to get a free shot while they were still in the open.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Using Overwatch before moving your whole team? Tsk, tsk.
    It might be pretty smart to do. If you make everyone overwatch they'd have the potential to all shoot at and overkill the living fuck of the same target. Putting two in overwatch, then killing one instantly and aggroing the rest to move to cover > get murdered by overwatch and then have more soldiers to act all on the same turn is pretty sweet.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Between this and star wars, I might have to see about getting november off...