Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 293

Thread: XCOM 2 (PC/PS4/XB1)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #161
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    I made a guy named Big Boss and the game nicknamed him Snake. Made me smile.

  2. #162
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    How do you stop dark events? I can't seem to actually figure out how to choose which one I want to stop.
    At least for me, I get to choose which of the 2 I want to stop. They both show up on the map, and each one disables one of the two ADVENT bonuses. But you can only choose one of them, so I usually just go with whichever one gives the worst ADVENT bonus.

    Also, I don't find CODEX that hard to beat. It's more annoying than anything with the weapon disable. You just have to make sure you hit hit with hard damage instead of small ones since it clones itself after each time it takes damage. And even then, the health is "shared" between the other ones. Worst I've had is 4 up at the same time, but they all died on the same turn.

  3. #163
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    So here's my gut wrenching retard level fail. I go to Target to get a copy. I ask dude where the PS4 copies are. He says it's only out for PC. I look at him like he's got two heads. He looks at me like I'm a moron. I DIDN'T WANT TO BUY IT ANYWAYS!

  4. #164
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    333
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Just had a bug where codex was teleporting to one location but still shooting from original point and then running in slow-mo between those two points and impossible to hit. Hope it it wont stick in a save.

  5. #165
    the elephant whisperer
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,677
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Loving this game so far. Just got to codex...fuck THEM HARD IN THE ASS!

    The difficulty is for real, I restarted on Veteran because hardest was just too much right now. Not having any performance issues beyond the fps drop while in the Avenger and a little choppiness, but that should get ironed out with patches like most insane computation games.

  6. #166
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    my Grenadier is named Nitro and my specialist is named Silence so I don't mind em

    Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

  7. #167
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,117
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    finished 1st blacksite. game crashes to desktop EVERY TIME SKYRANGER COMES BACK HOME

    god fucking damn

  8. #168
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    Cant' imagine playing this game on ironman...

  9. #169

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,999
    BG Level
    10

    my cigar smoking Mexican sniper named after a character in One Hundred Years of Solitude got double-critted after proccing an advent trash mob

    ironman is a cruel mistress

  10. #170
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    I had a mission where you had to protect the data. Aliens spawned on top of it. Hit it once, then 2nd shot missed, I laughed and was able to clear the area out. On the last mob the fucking building then FALLS on to the laptop thus making me fail that portion of the mission... That damn missed shot set the building on fire and fucker collapsed on the laptop... UGH

  11. #171
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Should have taken a higher difficulty to start. I keep getting flawless on all missions now, even on missions labled "very difficult". Two missions ago one character got badly injured because i made a misstake and a mob scored a crit. But when you're sitting on 18 HP + armor, you hit for 7-9 not counting crits, enemy have 7-15 health, and a full squad of 5, things die before they even get a chance to fire at you. I don't even know how much damage an Archon and a Berserker do because I've never enev been hit by one. First time I encountered an archon I got cornered in a hallway. It went up to melee me and got over watched and died >.>

    That being said, I love Specialist and Sharpshooter. Specialist shoot at everything it sees if it moves or attacks, and Sharpshooter just put up a killzone and stuff dies.

    Tl;Dr I find this game a lot easier than the last one.

  12. #172
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,411
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    my cigar smoking Mexican sniper named after a character in One Hundred Years of Solitude got double-critted after proccing an advent trash mob

    ironman is a cruel mistress
    Had a sniper last night who was caught in the middle of everything, in half cover with enemies only 1 or 2 tiles from flanking. He dodged like 3 out of 4 shots AND dodged 2 sword attacks from a stun guy. Somehow he only got that one hit, and my top dog from the very beginning got taken down to 1hp, but everyone came home with a promotion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    How do you stop dark events? I can't seem to actually figure out how to choose which one I want to stop.
    It will pop up a notification of 2-3 dark events before you can retaliate. On this screen you can't select anything; it's just info. A few weeks later you'll get a mission pop up that will have the choices from that last screen (looks like the old alien abduction 3x site choices), and it will tell you which dark event each location counters.

    Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    finished 1st blacksite. game crashes to desktop EVERY TIME SKYRANGER COMES BACK HOME

    god fucking damn
    Have you tried the 'verify integrity of game cache' in the game properties in steam? Sounds like you are having all kinds of issues, maybe redownload it over night?

  13. #173
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,117
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    yeah i actually ran that a few times a day. kept finding a single file every time. except this time, it stalled out, i tried again then 23k files. tried to delete and wouldn't even let me do that LOL

    finally got it to delete though and i'm installing on a non-SSD (lame). i'm assuming i'll lose my saves but whatever.

  14. #174
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,117
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    didn't lose saves. but still crashing on a diff HD.

  15. #175

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,999
    BG Level
    10

    OH GOD just had a squad wipe assaulting an Advent base, procc'd two turrets and a viper viper muton mob on the last turn of a round, subsequent round saw two binds a death a suppression and it was all downhill from there. gonna have to restart the campaign

    ironman remains a cruel mistress

  16. #176
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,662
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

    This game stresses me out. I don't think I've yelled at the screen this much in a long time. It is still fun though!

  17. #177
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,117
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    i'm so afraid for when i do my i/i run

  18. #178
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,509
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    This game stresses me out. I don't think I've yelled at the screen this much in a long time. It is still fun though!
    My roommates were worried about me the first day or so. They kept overhearing me "don't you miss. Don't you fucking miss. You god damn fucking cunt. You have a god damn shotgun and you're ONE SQUARE AWAY and you fucking miss. Fucking shit"

  19. #179
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,662
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

    Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    My roommates were worried about me the first day or so. They kept overhearing me "don't you miss. Don't you fucking miss. You god damn fucking cunt. You have a god damn shotgun and you're ONE SQUARE AWAY and you fucking miss. Fucking shit"
    My girlfriend was frequently checking on me yesterday (my first day playing), now she just jokes and tells me I should have found some better recruits.

  20. #180
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,821
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Been watching some streams of this, and this looks a hell of a lot more fun than the first, which was fantastic in its own right. I've seen a few animation bugs, but nothing game-crashing so far. Still, I think I'd rather wait and play it with whatever DLC is going to be released, as it's going to change what you can do, in-game, and fix whatever issues that happen up until then.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast