Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 1280
  1. #741
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    955
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    As a Sorcerer.. what specific weapons should I be on the lookout? Should I make this..Cleric's Candlestick? People say it scales off INT and is pretty good? D:
    I forget which boss it's from, but the Moonlight Greatsword is very nice IMO.

  2. #742
    Running Hell
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Siegward's quest ends on a boss fight, though you don't summon him in the conventional manner.
    That's who I was referring to. Was a pretty sweet ending all things considered, I like how his quest has a happy ending this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    I forget which boss it's from, but the Moonlight Greatsword is very nice IMO.
    Moonlight is from Oceiros the Consumed King. There is also the Crescent Moon Sword from Leynard's questline that is basically a one-handed version of Moonlight and has a similar special attack.

  3. #743
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    That's who I was referring to. Was a pretty sweet ending all things considered, I like how his quest has a happy ending this time.
    Spoiler: show
    He was so happy he fking died, Dark Souls happy is legit fucked up.

    Though I accidentally got help from him. Made Yhorm a cake walk, not that he was hard in the first place.

  4. #744
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,283
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

    Are skelley balls just traps to avoid? I tried taking a couple of swings at one and just got beat down for my efforts. I didn't bother trying anything but my sword though.

  5. #745
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,703
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Each one has a skeleton near it that is controlling the ball. Kill that guy and the ball will crash into a wall, die and leave loot. The first one you run into gives up an Undead Bone Shard.

  6. #746
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,283
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Each one has a skeleton near it that is controlling the ball. Kill that guy and the ball will crash into a wall, die and leave loot. The first one you run into gives up an Undead Bone Shard.
    Huh. I did find the bone shard, I just didn't put two and two together that the ball dying was related to killing the rest of his friends.

    Drunk Souls is a bad idea on first playthrough.

  7. #747
    Running Hell
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    It's always the skeleton with the sweet hat. The second ball has a crab inside, because of course it does. Truly the final mystery of Dark Souls 3 will be why there was a babby crab inside of a skeleton ball.

  8. #748
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Is there anyway to farm symbol of avarice aside from getting lucky on mimics? 60 luck, gold snake ring and I think I've run out of things to boost item discovery.

  9. #749
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,810
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    According to a guide

    The game has a fail-safe for this: the last mimic in the game will certainly drop the Symbol of Avarice
    Theres at least 12, listed on the wiki. Get hunting.

    http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Mimic

  10. #750
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    According to a guide



    Theres at least 12, listed on the wiki. Get hunting.

    http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Mimic
    Oh shit, I thought I found them all. Thanks.

  11. #751
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Fashion Souls is strong in this game.
    Went through the catacombs and got to ice palace before realizing I had missed the zone where I had to get the doll. Up until that point, the game had either felt like ds1 or bloodborne way too much to me, but that cathedral zone finally made it feel like its own game to me.
    Going through the Izalith part of Smouldering Lake now, before I go to ice palace - which went back to feeling like a bloodborne chalice dungeon.

    Going strength build and hadn't liked many of the weapon choices (cleaver or clubs) until I found the Executioners GS and I'm liking that alot right now, even if I can't infuse it for some reason.

  12. #752
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,795
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Went through the catacombs last night, and have to say I really enjoyed the level design of the place. Skeletons only reviving once was a relief. Had my exploration interupted a few times by a blue sentinel call, but I'm up to about 20 proofs of concord now though.

    Best blubro moment so far
    Spoiler: show
    Chasing the red across the rope bridge. I cut the ropes, he hits the ground first so I get the win before I die myself.


    More importantly, I finally got a flamberge to drop in undead settlement after about 5 hours of farming. So happy it's working out for me. Was afraid the moveset would just feel off once I got my hands on it.

  13. #753
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,390
    BG Level
    10

    do I need to spend all boss souls before NG+? what all stays/changes? never stuck with a DS long enough before lol

  14. #754
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I can't decide between the Profane GS and Yhorm's Machete; Profane GS requires a quality (one of the highest phys AR on a UGS with a quality build), and the 2h R2 is a thrust, which is awesome. It also let's you use many other weapons if need be.

    On the other hand is the machete, only scales with STR, could go 50 STR and low DEX for awesome damage, but the downside is it takes more stamina per swing, weighs a ton (20 vs 13 on the GS) all its swings are vertical swings, and I'd be restricted to STR weapons only.

    what do

  15. #755
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    I haven't tried but if I die as a Red Phantom, can I get my souls back? I'm sitting on a few million souls and want to go let people kill me to confuse them and give them a crap ton of souls. lol

  16. #756
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,810
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    They drop wherever you die as the red phantom so you might have to make a trek to get them depending on how far away you spawn in enemy world.

    Also come give me a million souls.

  17. #757
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    If you're on PS4 I probably could with that password thingy

  18. #758
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,810
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I'm on PC

  19. #759
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    PS4 master race

  20. #760
    Running Hell
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    do I need to spend all boss souls before NG+? what all stays/changes? never stuck with a DS long enough before lol
    Pretty sure Boss Souls are considered consumables so they should carry over to NG+. Basically anything that isn't an Umbral Ash or a Key Item so Estus Flask level (usage and tier), Soul Level, Weapons, Armor, Rings, Consumables, Covenant Reputation, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I haven't tried but if I die as a Red Phantom, can I get my souls back? I'm sitting on a few million souls and want to go let people kill me to confuse them and give them a crap ton of souls. lol
    Does it work differently now? Thought you only gained souls based on the invaders SL, not necessarily how many souls they had on their person.

Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die (PS3/360/PC)
    By Riposte in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 7031
    Last Post: 2021-02-04, 13:12
  2. Dark Souls 2 (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 1831
    Last Post: 2017-02-20, 22:32
  3. Which Game Series Do You Like More? MGS3 or Dark Souls
    By LinktheDeme in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2013-06-24, 19:14