Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1001 to 1020 of 1280
  1. #1001
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    NOTHING TOPS MY EXECUTIONER'S GREAT SWORD NOTHING

  2. #1002
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    I've always liked going through with melee dex type builds (with Pyro/Magic) so naturally I had an easy time once I found a few decent weapons but everything else supplemental was actually useless. My first build in DS3 was DEX with INT/FTH quality but lolbuffs and lolmagic. Using magic weapons wasn't so bad and had enough faith for Sunlight Blade buff.

    Next time I rolled a magic and only recently has it been OK (I think they buffed it?) but you're still going to rely on a fast melee weapon.

  3. #1003
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,720
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    NOTHING TOPS MY EXECUTIONER'S GREAT SWORD NOTHING
    Executioner is a badass weapon, definitely one of the better weapons in the game overall.

  4. #1004
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I agree that PVP is kinda shitty, but I've been invading people on a level 15 dude with Anri's sword and even against gank squads I've won about half the time. I suck at PVP in these games, so I'm happy about that.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  5. #1005
    Running Hell
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Most speedrun strats rely on Anri's sword as the final weapon with basically only Luck stat investment. It does ridiculously good damage with just Assassin base STR/DEX and 40 Luck, and procs bleed like crazy with Carthus Rouge. If you want a low level weapon to use a Raw infused Astora's Straight Sword has pretty much the highest base damage available for any weapon up to +6 where scaling weapons will surpass it.

    Incidentally, watching speedruns has made me appreciate Spook (and by virtue the Silvercat ring) a lot more and I think it would be safe to say Assassin is by far the best starting class just because you start with the spell. There are so many cool things you can do with the new fall control mechanics that let you bypass almost entire areas and troll invaders/NPCs by making jumps they can't make.

  6. #1006
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Tell that to DSP, looooool. The guy literally had no idea how spook worked and in his TIHYDP video he bitches about the spell not working.

  7. #1007
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Spook, Hidden Body and a couple of rings make getting through areas amazingly easy and painless. Probably the best way to get through early mage playthroughs lol

  8. #1008
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    what is a TIHYDP

  9. #1009
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    what is a TIHYDP
    This is how you don't play *insert game here* with DSP. His soulsborne series videos are gold.

  10. #1010
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    He doesn't even make TIHYDP videos, other people do. The tragic part of it all is that he thinks he's good at video games when he has a very sub-basic level of competence to the point where he didn't learn about spin kicking in Jak & Daxter until the penultimate level. Guy's a joke but TIHYDP videos are pretty cash.

    >stands in the fire on The Nameless King/gets hit by the enormously telegraphed triple sweep
    >goes on a 3 minute tirade about how FromSoft sucks dicks and how he has "input and server lag" preventing his dodges from going off

  11. #1011
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Well, guess I'm done with the game, invading is just 3v1 90% of the time and PvP is shit due R1 spam (why does a straight sword have 450+ AR when hardly any heavy weapon goes over 600? It makes no sense) and no poise, you either fish for a parry or get fucked. If you try to use a heavy weapon against any smart player, you're going to lose.

    I'll come back once they release the DLC, maybe then they'll remember to add poise or something, else PVP just going to boil down to R1 pokes (It already is for the most part).

  12. #1012
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,452
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9


  13. #1013
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,283
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

    Finished it over the weekend and was content with it. I've upgraded from throwing mostly useless-but-awesome lightning to mostly-useless-but-awesome sunlight. I wanted to knock out the covenant items before moving over to NG+ but ran into some problems.

    First, I missed joining the Moundmakers and I need 30 shackles to get a pyromancy. Second, I missed joining the Darkmoons and I needed 30 Proofs for a miracle. I farmed the silver knights for proofs off-and-on all weekend and here are my totals:

    Roughly 500k in item drops
    Approximately 3.5 million souls from kills
    99/600 Titanite Shards
    99/450~ Large Titanites
    Spent approximately 700 rusted coins

    I'm 29/30 on Proof and just said fuck it, I'm SL 163 now and will just find one during NG+. Shackles, though, suck a lot worse. I'm 1/30 on those and am expecting it to take another several hours. I might try to convince a friend to just join my game as a MM and let me murderkill them to cap out.

  14. #1014
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,720
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    163 Jesus, hope you never plan to pvp on that character.

  15. #1015
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,283
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    163 Jesus, hope you never plan to pvp on that character.
    I don't. I don't know shit about balances or builds and I know I'm pretty much ruining this character for co-op/invasions/multiplayer. It's okay, though, I'm just trying to gut out the 100% on him and then I'll relax a bit more on the other characters.

  16. #1016
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Finished it over the weekend and was content with it. I've upgraded from throwing mostly useless-but-awesome lightning to mostly-useless-but-awesome sunlight. I wanted to knock out the covenant items before moving over to NG+ but ran into some problems.

    First, I missed joining the Moundmakers and I need 30 shackles to get a pyromancy. Second, I missed joining the Darkmoons and I needed 30 Proofs for a miracle. I farmed the silver knights for proofs off-and-on all weekend and here are my totals:

    Roughly 500k in item drops
    Approximately 3.5 million souls from kills
    99/600 Titanite Shards
    99/450~ Large Titanites
    Spent approximately 700 rusted coins

    I'm 29/30 on Proof and just said fuck it, I'm SL 163 now and will just find one during NG+. Shackles, though, suck a lot worse. I'm 1/30 on those and am expecting it to take another several hours. I might try to convince a friend to just join my game as a MM and let me murderkill them to cap out.
    I missed my MM too, so I might just trade for that in NG+ but I've done all covenants except Farren Watchdogs but I can just get the ring instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    163 Jesus, hope you never plan to pvp on that character.
    I don't think the community even knows what the PVP SL is. 80, 100, 120 etc. I still stick around 120 but I feel like I'm gonna make a SL 80 character for one too (though I'd hate that because that's for sure a boring build.)

  17. #1017
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,283
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

    I wish the Covenant matchmaking wasn't so fucked; I spent entire nights with Watchdogs equipped and got a total of zero summons (and this is pre-grind, while I was still working through the game). I ended up doing tongues and grass the boring way.

  18. #1018
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,720
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    120 seems to be the current concensus, maybe 140/150 down the line to cater to caster builds a bit more

  19. #1019
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    127
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    So this happened:



    I guess there was literally nothing the guy could have done, save force d/c'ing

  20. #1020
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,283
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

    I get the idea of having an SL meta to make sure people can continue to find people/invade/co-op but what do you do with your souls at that point? Just ignore collecting them or spend them on consumables? That feels... inherently wrong to me for reasons I can't explain.

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die (PS3/360/PC)
    By Riposte in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 7031
    Last Post: 2021-02-04, 13:12
  2. Dark Souls 2 (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 1831
    Last Post: 2017-02-20, 22:32
  3. Which Game Series Do You Like More? MGS3 or Dark Souls
    By LinktheDeme in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2013-06-24, 19:14