Page 102 of 157 FirstFirst ... 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 2021 to 2040 of 3134
  1. #2021
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Spoiler: show
    40$ "bring Aeris back to life" bonus content pack

  2. #2022
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,317
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Rumour is trending on Facebook. Must be legit.

  3. #2023
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    This could be SE's salvation if only they do it right. Basically the game was already there, they just had to re-develop parts of it. The rest is sweet sweet profit.

    ...but they're gonna fuck it up, because current SE can't do anything right, ever

  4. #2024
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    427
    BG Level
    4

    they just need to give everyone the exact same game in HD <_< anything less everyone will hate them for. anything cut and sold back to them, they'll be criticized for. They're only going to fuck it up because realistically they want to make way more money then they want to put into it.

  5. #2025
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    have already come to the conclusion that if you're expecting this to be reminiscent of the original game whatsoever outside of setting and character design then you're in for a really bad time

  6. #2026
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    This could be SE's salvation if only they do it right. Basically the game was already there, they just had to re-develop parts of it. The rest is sweet sweet profit.

    ...but they're gonna fuck it up, because current SE can't do anything right, ever
    Well to be fair, they warned everyone for years that if they touched FF7 again, it would change a lot. People didn't listen.

  7. #2027
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    I'm not even talking about the game being different, there are so, so many more ways for them to screw this up :D

  8. #2028
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Well to be fair, they warned everyone for years that if they touched FF7 again, it would change a lot. People didn't listen.
    While true, I don't think people wanted to buy the same game 3-4 times for full price.

    Then again, people are already wanting to toss their money at Se just because it's "FF7."

  9. #2029
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    I honestly don't know what to expect at this point. As long as it's an action RPG that is tailored to the character's fighting style with the materia system and limit break's still around. This Episodic DLC already sounds like it's going to be hot garbage, I bet there won't be any snowboarding or gold saucer mini games, or even Ultimate Weapon bosses. Just straight canon storyline, which I won't boycott but damn what a disappointment that would be if they just cut this all out.

    I am glad I have a fuck ton of games to play until this actually releases, so just going to bury my head in the sand until it's official.

  10. #2030
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8,915
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I'll be thrilled if they include the playable flashback segment in Kalm Town.

    So far we have 3 versions (perspectives) of it, as justified by the devs somewhere:

    Cloud's version (FF7)
    Turks' version (Last Order)
    Zack's version (Crisis Core)

    Even a straight/direct remake of Cloud's version would be badass. Playable Seph!

  11. #2031
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    I honestly don't know what to expect at this point. As long as it's an action RPG that is tailored to the character's fighting style with the materia system and limit break's still around. This Episodic DLC already sounds like it's going to be hot garbage, I bet there won't be any snowboarding or gold saucer mini games, or even Ultimate Weapon bosses. Just straight canon storyline, which I won't boycott but damn what a disappointment that would be if they just cut this all out.

    I am glad I have a fuck ton of games to play until this actually releases, so just going to bury my head in the sand until it's official.
    What Episodic DLC are you talking about? They said the original game will be split in multiple full games similar to how the XIII saga did (although that one didn't have plans for sequels originally) so they don't have to cut a lot of things to make it fit into one.

    Also if anyone is still hoping to get "the same game but in HD" you better forget it now or just skip this because that's not how remakes work.

  12. #2032
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,823
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    They already said if you want the same game in HD then play the ps4 or pc ports.

  13. #2033
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,902
    BG Level
    10

    If they cut out iconic stuff I'm done after the first one. That's what made it memorable.

  14. #2034
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,823
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Like what? If anything I'm getting the sense that they are adding things.

  15. #2035
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Like what? If anything I'm getting the sense that they are adding things.
    This is what they've said so far. The Midgar section is getting expanded for example, possibly allowing us to visit more of the city before leaving.

  16. #2036
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,902
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Like what? If anything I'm getting the sense that they are adding things.
    Key things like Fort Condor, Highwind, Chocobo racing, Golden Saucer, etc. I don't care about mini games but I feel like there are iconic moments they can't nix through.

    I'm one of the few that loved the 13 system, so if we get a 7 version of that that retains the materia system I'm happy.

  17. #2037
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,823
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I don't see them cutting any of that.

  18. #2038
    Cloak & Dagger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    310
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Honestly, even though SE hasn't necessarily been knocking things out of the park lately, I think even they know that if they fuck with the FF7 "iconic" events, they'll get severe backlash. I hope that with them tweaking some story elements that they will add in more backstory info from Before Crisis and Crisis Core. That might be overly optimistic though.

  19. #2039
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Didn't they flat-out say they are not cutting the drag scene and dating scene, and if anything those were the only iconic scenes at risk of being cut.

  20. #2040
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Demenic View Post
    Honestly, even though SE hasn't necessarily been knocking things out of the park lately, I think even they know that if they fuck with the FF7 "iconic" events, they'll get severe backlash. I hope that with them tweaking some story elements that they will add in more backstory info from Before Crisis and Crisis Core. That might be overly optimistic though.
    You'd assume so. But SE knows FF7 will make money no matter what they do because good or bad people are already saying they want to toss their money at them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Didn't they flat-out say they are not cutting the drag scene and dating scene, and if anything those were the only iconic scenes at risk of being cut.
    Yep and since it's a different director, I'd be a bit MORE inclined to believe him, but because it's also being split into multiple games, look at the reasoning for XV's delay for better or worse, it's still the same company after all, so it's very easy to fall for what they say. I don't expect "same game in HD", but I'm also not going to be surprised if there's a lot of things "suddenly cut/left out/purchasable dlc" when the game releases.

Page 102 of 157 FirstFirst ... 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast