Page 135 of 157 FirstFirst ... 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 ... LastLast
Results 2681 to 2700 of 3134
  1. #2681
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Long as they don't drop the ball on the story (literally no reason to seeing as it's already there) I'll be happy enough with a HD remake.

    Gameplay I'm cautious about since FFXV, definitely not going through that debacle again.

  2. #2682
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,095
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Tons of way to add game time. There's like 6 FF7 games. They could give us Zack story. Turks story. OG Avalanche Story. Set up for Dirge of Cerberus or Advent children better.

    Idk. I don't expect them to include too much of that stuff (except Zack time). But they'll probably give us even more Golden Saucer lol. I'm ready to waste 50 hours snowboarding lol. Or in a shitty submarine simulator. I wouldn't be surprised if they added triple triad lol, since it's super easy to put in a game and a huge time killer. And there's now like 4 versions of it in games and apps and shit.

  3. #2683
    Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    425
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    That trailer gave me goosebumps. I'm so ready for this.

  4. #2684
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    I just want to be able to control my entire team.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks like that's the case and maybe swap on the fly under the command menu?


  5. #2685
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,680
    BG Level
    10

    They’re going to give us FFXV style fishing and we’re going to waste countless hours on it.

  6. #2686
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    If Tifa doesn't roast Cloud by saying Puny just like yours then I'm not on board.

  7. #2687
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,032
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Looks like that's the case and maybe swap on the fly under the command menu?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #2688
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,268
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    The amount of blind hatred of anything SE on this forum is just dumb

  9. #2689
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,680
    BG Level
    10

    I’m not surprised they didn’t show Tifa. She probably got nerfed and they’d rather avoid the shitstorm of complaints on the first new trailer in years.

  10. #2690
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,003
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    You know I was thinking people were crazy about ditching turn based combat till I went back and tried to played the old games. I cant get through that shit without the x5 speed and other mods that are in the modern rereleases. Frankly though if there going to put this much creative effort into this and do all this original stuff I wish they would put that all towards a new game.

  11. #2691
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,268
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle


  12. #2692
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,032
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    The amount of blind hatred of anything SE on this forum is just dumb
    It’s not blind hate. The excitement is still there, but massive delays on several AAA games, can you blame fans?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #2693
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Yeah, I wouldn't call a slow and deliberate shift from fiercely loyal after being slapped on the nose with a newspaper one (or ten) too many times shifting to indifference, impatience, or guarded optimism "blind hate".

    I don't think anyone would argue against the idea that SE has had way more misses than hits in the last 15 years, much of which is due to their own ego and poor decisions.

    The trailer looked good, and I am hoping the promised June announcement is more than 30 seconds of additional trailer. At this point after going dark from the development switch over, I don't think its much to ask for a short demo or detailed explanation on how this episodic approach is going to work. If this is going to be $60/pop for 4 or 5 titles, I'm gonna need to see the value in plopping down $300 over 5 years for FF7R.

  14. #2694
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,888
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    It will. 60 months after release. The SE way.
    FFXV was like 16 months later on PC.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  15. #2695
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Blind hate? AAA publishers and corporations deserve the hate they get. I love SE for XIV, but detest their obsession with stupid in-house tech demo engines, years worth of delays and over-hyping of facial capture and gakt-obssed-fashionista characters over actual stories told and worlds explored.

    That said, I'm absolutely loving where the remake is going. I'm all hands on deck.

    Praise and scorn are both earned, not given freely. SE deserves both, same as Capcom and all the others. Do something right, receive praise. Do something stupid, receive scorn. No one gets a pass as long as I have to pay for the product.

  16. #2696
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    FFXV was like 16 months later on PC.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Chrono Trigger was 276 months.

    60 seems like a fair middle ground.

  17. #2697
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Chrono Trigger was 276 months.

    60 seems like a fair middle ground.
    Except CT was not released an incomplete mess, so the comparison doesn't work.

  18. #2698
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,842
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    So not gonna lie, I wasted and meant to type 6 months.

    Why the fuck would I say 60 months instead of 5 years lol.

  19. #2699
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    I'm just going to keep hoping they abandoned the idea of making this an episodic release because that is going to kill my hype for this game.

  20. #2700
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,746
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    First off, FF7 wasn't turn based, it was ATB. You could set it to "wait mode" to make it kind of like turn based. Regardless, action-RPGs ARE turned based, just faster. There will likely be delays on certain actions, while some actions can be used more frequently. It looks like we can swap characters in battle with R2/L2 buttons, so here's hoping each character will have a specialty or different fighting style (kind of like Type:0+Crisis Core+FF15 blended together). Less flying like KH and more solid ground combat (dodge rolls, sprinting, evading, blocking). Fuck that Advent Children DBZ style anime combat that never existed in vanilla FF7.


    They can balance the cast like below, and some of these reflect the orignal designs intended for each character based on Ultimania/interviews (which were scrapped early on for time). They can do this either through skill tree, or make certain materia have more affinity for certain characters until later in the game.

    Cloud: All-rounder, balanced Physical/Magical stats. Can enchant his weapon with elements. Mystic Knight
    Tifa: Can chain combos easily to stagger/stun/break enemies. Monk
    Aerith: Most powerful caster, using a lot of elemental and healing magic.High MP. Geomancer(Cetra speak to Planet)/White Mage .
    Barret: Long range and high HP and defense, uses skills to "break" (Mindbreak, Armor Break,etc) enemies stats and attributes and "Cover" weakened allies. Knight/Ranger
    Red XIII: Weaker stats but focuses on buffing allies with war cries/indirect magic which isn't based on magic stat (Haste/Barrier/Wall). Bard/Beast
    Yuffie: Moves fast but weaker, long range, steals/deals lot of crits, high attack speed, has a few support skills with Ninjutsu (Clear Tranquil). Thief/Ninja
    Vincent: Stronger Magic stats than Physical, but has a long range weapon. Transforms into monsters in battle to suit the specific situation. Base form skilled in debuff magic (Bio/Sleep/Dispel/Mini/Toad/Blind), can use HP-Absorb/MP-Absorb, Souleater/Darkside. Dark knight
    Cait Sith: Strong magic, high HP. Specializes in controlling enemies and using unusual skills. Manipulate, Mime, and Enemy Skills. Blue Mage/Mime/Beastmaster.
    Cid: Strongest physical damage (trade off for being close range and shit magic stat), uses Jumps to pierces high defense, swings spear to cleave enemies (Slash-All) and Deathblow as a risk strike, slow speed and weak magic, uses tools (Dynamite/Highwind). Machinist/Dragoon

    I think they can flesh out each character's fighting style to be unique and learn skills through a skill tree. To be clear, Materia would still be used to learn magic, summons and support/stat boosts, but skill trees would flesh out each character's COMMANDS, which means special attacks in combat aside from limit breaks. Like Steal/Mug could be Yuffie exclusive, until late in the game where all commands become unlocked via materia. That way you're forced to use the whole cast instead of picking 3 faves and using them the entire game.

Page 135 of 157 FirstFirst ... 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 ... LastLast