Page 37 of 157 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 3134
  1. #721
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,888
    BG Level
    10

    Wtf Teepo dies in BoF3? Fuck. Never got that far but I played that game a lot, first game I ever ripped for my modchipped PS1, soldered it myself sophomore year of college. I printed color labels and jewel case art and everything for that game lol.

  2. #722
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    71
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Wtf Teepo dies in BoF3?
    Its not what you think.

    Spoiler: show
    He ends up becoming a bad guy. iirc he's the 2nd to last boss of the game, he doesn't die until then

  3. #723
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,739
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    14 years here too!

  4. #724
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,844
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I am dumb. Wrong thread double post D:

  5. #725
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,844
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    .

  6. #726
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    I remember everyone on the gamefaqs ffxi board thinking they were hot shit with their melee red mages

  7. #727
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Beating Xenogears. Tales of Destiny II (Eternia) and Suikoden (first one) without a guide, internet, and getting pretty much 100% of everything was one of my most proud gaming accomplishments as a kid. Especially Suikoden because I got all 108 of the characters, though it did take me 2-3 times of playing the game, trial and error. Suikoden 2 is nearly impossible to do so without a guide because of time constraints, bugs, and a few glitches regarding some of those crystals you used to get the beast party members.

  8. #728
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,710
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

    Quote Originally Posted by Green View Post
    I was right there alongside you man. They told me I could save him. They told me I could get my bro back into the party. Best believe I was grinding my ASS off.
    Turns out if you "do" somehow beat them, the game just loops the sequence and you fight them again.
    Wow seriously? i couldnt beat them even with my gameshark. They literally have infinite life i dont see how you could kill them lol. i had everyone at level 99 doing max damage for like 30 minutes straight and was like wtf.

  9. #729
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    71
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
    Wow seriously? i couldnt beat them even with my gameshark. They literally have infinite life i dont see how you could kill them lol. i had everyone at level 99 doing max damage for like 30 minutes straight and was like wtf.
    You can kill them by gamesharking in the death spell to Ryu or Teepo. I guess the way I worded that might make it seem like I found this out due to all of my grinding (I didn't mean it that way though, it was more of an aside) but in reality I found out years later by seeing a video of someone beating them in that manner.

  10. #730
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    God I miss the days pre-broadband. Dudes used to come out with the most outlandish objectives to unlock some super secret character and dumbasses like me would do it because we didn't know better.
    Collect 99 tisssues and 99 1/32 soldiers and hammer the square button at the final cutscene in disk 1 to save Aeris. My summer was ruined.

  11. #731
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,095
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    What were those fucking soldiers really for? That drove me nuts

  12. #732
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,268
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I still remember Zombie Leo rumors for FFVI

  13. #733
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,942
    BG Level
    10

    I game sharked his ass in.

  14. #734
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,805
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    I played Xenogears twice, just so I could recruit Ramsus.

  15. #735
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    34
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Stormscale

    That Engadget interview linked on the first page makes me nervous. Sounds like that guy wants this to be FF VII-2 rather than a remake.

    Keep the story. Keep the core battle mechanic (materia). Improve the visuals. Add some additional side content, maybe even a new character or two as bonus. Throw in some modernizations (achievements) and be done.

  16. #736
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate0922 View Post
    Sounds like that guy wants this to be FF VII-2 rather than a remake.
    No, he wants it to be a remake, not a HD remaster.

    I just feel bad for responding anyway, as this has been beaten to death and S-E clearly said what path they are taking here.

  17. #737
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Just thought about how cool it's going to be to see Jenova's escape and slaughtering of the Shinra HQ, Jenova was definitely the oddest of FF villains but definitely gives me the most creeps.

  18. #738
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,325
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    That entire moment in the game was fucking creep city for me. You're in a jail/security cell. You wake up in the middle of the night, eerie as fuck music playing, no NPCs, blood stains, broken glass.

    Genuinely one of the most intense moments of my young gaming life (I hadn't played any games like silent hill or resident evil or parasite eve or etc)

  19. #739
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    ^Yeah, no kidding. This was before I got into Resident Evil 2, I didn't touch any of them or any other scary game and when I hit this scene, it was such huge change from the joking and action scenes, and it just became so dark all of a sudden, not to mention Jenova itself looks terrifying as fuck.

    When I was 9 and saw these blocky characters, I never quite understood the scenes that involved Jenova's limbs and the way Sephiroth was almost quite literally pulling the strings from the Crater until I played hte game again later. A remake is definitely needed, I think FFVI did a better job of showing scenes than VII awkwardly did.

  20. #740
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    7 had a pretty good and creepy atmosphere. Shinra HQ, northern caves area, anything underwater (especially fucking with Emerald) and Nibelheim manor/reactor come to mind. You never really got that past 7, and before it never really had a major impact.

Page 37 of 157 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast