Page 59 of 157 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1161 to 1180 of 3134
  1. #1161

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,304
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I recognize that "squeezing through the walls" animation from Tomb Raider.

  2. #1162
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    906
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    It looks pretty good so far to me. The combat system is something I would expect for a game of this type these days since turn based combat doesn't look or have the same feel in HD. Basically control one character while the others operate on AI similar to Agito/Tales series/Star Ocean and switch to another character as the situation demands it. Now if they can keep the story-line and customization systems as close to the original as possible then I can see this doing VERY well. Either way I'm impressed so far.

  3. #1163
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    Sounds like Beau Billingslea, who voiced him in all the other localized FF7 media. He was Jet in Bebop. Plus a bunch of other stuff. He's badass. To that effect, Spike Spiegel's VA, Steve Blum, voices Vincent Valentine.

    What's gonna bother me is hearing Cait Sith with that thick Irish accent in some of these scenes. His sacrifice in the temple comes to mind, will probably be a bit cringey.
    Personally, I can't think of any other voices aside the ones from FFVII Abridged.

    I do like the classic battle system and the modified kinds (similar to how you can do a bit more during/with your turn like in say, Tales games/etc type.) Sounds like they don't want to take it too actiony, but it'll definitely please those who like "fast gameplay". So far I only seen people complaining that never touched Crisis Core.

    Only thing I can really complain about, aside not liking VII that much to begin with, is certain battle systems provide certain types of encounters. Like take the Weapons - It's not likely they'll be the same style, since turnbased allowed for certain balance where faster gameplay usually leads to clusterfucks of wtf type of balance in the encounter. So it could go either really well or really spammy like almost every other game of this battle style seem to end up as. So hopefully as we learn more they'll go more into detail on what made VII stand out. Materia will no doubt change, hopefully not drastically and to the generic extent that yoshi did for XIV ARR.

    I do kind of expect summoning and LB to work like XV or even XIII, since post X, we've had direct control over our summons now in some fashion.

  4. #1164
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,245
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Barret doesn't look like Mr. T on steroids this time around. Looks like a nice compromise between the original design and the one from Advent Children. I look forward to seeing what they do with the rest of the cast. I'm fine with the battle system so long as they retain at least some of the customization of the original

  5. #1165
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,311
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    On a mobile platform. RK is casual of casual, and the random ass nature of the game means you get people talking about it constantly.

    Clearly this correlates to a desire for TB battle systems. LOL

    You'd also have to think about why they would put TB system in a game like RK (hint: it's cheap and easy)
    Yes, and? The simplistic nature of the games preys on old-school nostalgia of the hardcore fans. They're the ones that perpetuate the game's popularity and discussion more than the casual audience that gives them their money. Even being "casual of casual" it's managed to capture the the attention of a forum that generally despises "casualization." FF7 remake is targeting that exact same nostalgia.

    If there was absolutely no desire for it, the game would've flopped. Period.

  6. #1166
    Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    425
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    I am so excited, genuine excitement.
    Like a fat kid in a sweet shop and everything is free.

  7. #1167
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    937
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Infini View Post
    The combat system is something I would expect for a game of this type these days since turn based combat doesn't look or have the same feel in HD. Basically control one character while the others operate on AI
    Is this your conjecture or was there another video that shows this happening? I keep seeing people talk about it like it isn't ATB, but what you're describing wasn't explicitly shown in the video - I'd even suggest what Sho has been talking about looks more likely.

  8. #1168
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    .........what?

    this is instant buy, gtfo

    I hope the success of this game triggers more remakes, not remasters of classics. fuck new games
    Oh I agree, it's an instant buy no matter what.

    What I meant was the battle system will be the decider on whether the remake is better than the original. I've been playing the PS4 port of the original since its release and the graphics are ugly as hell. Amazing how far we've come in the past 18 years.

    I'm not bitching, just hoping they don't ruin the battle system by turning it into anything like FFXV's style. I think that's a valid concern? Everything else I can only see being improved. No matter what they release I'll be playing it day one.

  9. #1169
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Yes, and? The simplistic nature of the games preys on old-school nostalgia of the hardcore fans. They're the ones that perpetuate the game's popularity and discussion more than the casual audience that gives them their money. Even being "casual of casual" it's managed to capture the the attention of a forum that generally despises "casualization." FF7 remake is targeting that exact same nostalgia.

    If there was absolutely no desire for it, the game would've flopped. Period.
    That has little to do with why there's pages of talk about it.

    The simple nature plays the platform and development costs, not to nostalgia. That's the graphics/settings doing that, which you can do with just about anything. That you think this is what gives them popularity and lasting power is funny. That these battle systems are mostly relegated to mobile or handheld (low spec at that) platforms says something.

    There's a market for nostalgia sure, but TB is usually going to be niche because it's just old. Hence why there's little risk of doing it on mobile and why it works. But saying that means the next best thing could be turn based is optimistic as hell.

  10. #1170
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Oh I agree, it's an instant buy no matter what.

    What I meant was the battle system will be the decider on whether the remake is better than the original. I've been playing the PS4 port of the original since its release and the graphics are ugly as hell. Amazing how far we've come in the past 18 years.

    I'm not bitching, just hoping they don't ruin the battle system by turning it into anything like FFXV's style. I think that's a valid concern? Everything else I can only see being improved. No matter what they release I'll be playing it day one.
    You're gonna hate it then. It's almost going to be full on FFXV style but with character swapping.

  11. #1171
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,703
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

    remake it again with turn based so i can buy both full price

  12. #1172
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by darkepyon View Post
    Barret doesn't look like Mr. T on steroids this time around.
    Instead he looks like Blade on steroids

  13. #1173
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    http://press.na.square-enix.com/rele...ion-experience

    ohh...

    LOS ANGELES (Dec. 6, 2015) - During this past weekend’s PlayStation Experience in San Francisco, SQUARE ENIX® debuted a new trailer for FINAL FANTASY® VII REMAKE, the full remake of the award-winning role-playing game, FINAL FANTASY VII. The new trailer features the first CG scenes as well as gameplay footage. FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience.

  14. #1174
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,812
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience.
    Wot.

  15. #1175
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Time for everyone to confirm it'll be shit without seeing the finished product, can't wait.

  16. #1176
    Turtle Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    247
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Wot.
    You gotta purchase all the 3 discs separately for the complete game.

  17. #1177
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    Don't know how I feel about that!

  18. #1178
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,812
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Need more details but I'm wary.

  19. #1179
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Time for everyone to confirm it'll be shit without seeing the finished product, can't wait.
    Don't really have to wait long, it's already happening.
    It's not the best example of a quality game but TAY was episodic and they didn't really remove the world map. Granted that it was a copy/paste job from FFIV but still shows that it can work. I'm not expecting FFVII to have that many episodes though and you really can't make one for each cave/town/dungeon and cut everything inbetween.

  20. #1180
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    They also know FFVII can potentially be a real cash cow and is a fan favorite, despite the other people who hate like hell on it.

    I'm gonna give it the wait and see.

Page 59 of 157 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast