Thats the whole point of episodic. I don't see why knowing the story will make it any stranger.
Or stay negative, not have to worry about hype and excitement clouding (semi-intended) your judgement, and be pleasantly surprised if the game ends up being good.
Admittedly the interviews are working towards bringing me back around a little, but I also feel like they could be pulling a Randy Pitchford and lying straight through their teeth. That's the problem with press releases, people will never say "Yeah we're just halfassing it because there's so much demand for it that it doesn't matter what we actually put out."
Edit:
ehhhhhhhhhh
I vote to change the term "that's bg for ya" to "that's thedirtyhobo for ya". It's been a very long time since I've seen someone so negative over something that is really nothing right now.
SquareEnix must've raped his dog or something.
Might want to crack a dictionary if you're really going to go the grammar nazi route in your ad hominem.
And nobody is comparing PS1 assets to current gen, the fuck? It's already been pointed out that the entire FFXIII saga fits on one roughly one blu-ray. Thats not even the point. Xbox got 13 over multiple discs and nobody gave a fuck. Charging multiple times because they "need multiple discs" to remake the smallest Final Fantasy game of a generation reeks of cash grab. End of discussion. There's nothing else that can be said until we see a price. Launch part 1 at $60 and watch the reaction.
I'm kinda negative, but it's less about the end product being fun (which I definitely think it will be) and more just general bullshit we see with nearly every AAA release (I don't believe for a second the graphics will look that good on a PS4 and that fracturing it into multiple releases is for monetary reasons)
Edit : a word
As far as their product line, they're probably my favorite mainstream publisher. Their business practices are fucking atrocious, though. Killing Tomb Raider for an exclusivity deal, DX:MD's pre-order bullshit, everything with XIV, announcing XV literally 10 years before it comes out. It's hard to get excited about stuff when they actively try to ruin so many of their own games.
people have the right to be skeptical about Square Enix and the quality of games after the debakel they delivered some years ago. 14 1.0 FF13 and on. They have been pushing great stuff lately tough, so they are redeeming themself (- Heavensward release, that was just shit).
Dont get me wrong, i am confident that they will deliver AAA graphics, but i am not sure if the gameplay will be AAA. It will be either hit or miss with people that played the olde FF7 and yes I am aware that this is a massive undertaking Remaking the game in they way they are doing it from the grounds up. There is only so much money a Company is willing to throw at a game. So i rather stay skeptical and get pleasently surprised.
Okay, Squall.
Spoiler: show
Hahaha wow this thread went crazy in the last 24 hours, so many jimmies rustled and then unrustled, and some people who can't determine if their jimmies are in fact rustled or not.
I know I'm late to the party, but I just saw the trailer. Holy fuck that is so godlike.
You could argue the people bitching about installments/pricing before we have any info are the greedy ones.
Also weird that anyone would think developing a modern game would be anywhere near as simple as one made 20 years ago. UE is dope at simplifying things and all, but there's a lot more to do now.