Page 85 of 157 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 ... LastLast
Results 1681 to 1700 of 3134
  1. #1681
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post
    yeah sorry, as far as hard shit out of nowhere, tactics wins. Two fights in particular. There are ways to cheese etc, but your first playthrough? You got rolled.



    to be fair to FFT, Tactics Ogre does this like twenty different times. Haborym and Cerya are the two that spring to mind immediately; Haborym was a swordmaster and could defend himself at least a little bit but Cerya you had to petrify or hit the RNG lottery to have even a chance of recruiting that suicidal bitch.


    in regards to earlier comments, I've played every version of FFIV except fan versions and I've even tried some of those. none of them are what I would call overly difficult. there are spots where you're fucked if you weren't prepared, but nothing too awful. if you want difficult you have to look to the first three games. Crystal Tower in FFIII was excessively long with no save points and multiple bosses that can easily slaughter your party; now that was fun!

  2. #1682
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    [*]The [voicing] cast is expected to be the same from those of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

  3. #1683
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I wouldn't take too much of that at face value considering they changed Barret's voice actor for the purpose of this game. Very much like the new actor too. Also I remember reading someone that they were definitely changing Red XIII's voice actor.

  4. #1684
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I don't see how TB/ATB can be considered old/archaic instead of just another type of battle system? Why is action RPG considered modern anyway? Just because it closely mimics a realistic situation in a game that is as far from realistic as possible when compared to real life? I consider TB/ATB like chess where you have to have a strategy and think about your moves compared to action RPG where its mostly button mashing.
    It's "Old/archaic" because of "nostalgia" - It simply is another battle system or the Tales of games should be considered old despite still essentially using the "classic" battle system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Some more details , for the discussion:

    • We’ll get to explore around all the areas of Midgar.
    • Square Enix would like to delve more deeply into Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie.
    • They can’t say how many volumes the entire Final Fantasy VII Remake will be in this stage.
    • Can’t say anything about any online features for now.
    • The main scenario for the multi-series’ first part is already completed.
    • As previously reported, the game is using Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 4 to create the game. They’re also getting technological assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team, and may work together for the game in the near future.
    • Cloud’s auditory hallucination scenes are being shaped up to be more meaningful.
    • The [voicing] cast is expected to be the same from those of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
    • The “ATB Gauge” that turns red is different from a Limit Break, and Square Enix plans on having a special system, one that they can’t show yet, but it will change depending on the play-style of the player.
    • They’ve yet to decide on whether there will be a guard.

    And finally, the really important news: Finally, Nomura confirmed that Cloud will indeed be cross-dressing once again, though he said that his HD designs have not been finished yet. Poor guy, and many are still waiting for that new cross-dressing design to be revealed
    So based on this:

    -Good chance a chunk of Episode 1 will be filled with Avalanche backstory/side story stuff which is cool but it does kind of make sense why/how the game will get broken up if this is true.
    -If they're wise hopefully only 5 at best if they keep it decent length (as in at least 30 hours each of actual gameplay.)
    -Means they could essentially toss the game out very soon as they'll obviously use the funds from that to further development on it.
    -The Japanese voices were pretty good for Advent Children so I don't mind that at all.
    -Contextual battle system will definitely make this feel a lot more actiony than anything.

  5. #1685
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    And finally, the really important news: Finally, Nomura confirmed that Cloud will indeed be cross-dressing once again, though he said that his HD designs have not been finished yet. Poor guy, and many are still waiting for that new cross-dressing design to be revealed
    And here I thought the important news would be something Nomura didn't already confirm ages ago.

  6. #1686
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    And here I thought the important news would be something Nomura didn't already confirm ages ago.
    This is really the important news for me. It would ruin my immersion otherwise.

    Other stuff is good too.

  7. #1687
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    And here I thought the important news would be something Nomura didn't already confirm ages ago.
    Yeah..since it seems to be what a lot of people focus on lol.

  8. #1688
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,710
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

    Wheres my honeybee inn confirmation!

  9. #1689
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,311
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    (I loved Grandia at the time, but in retrospect probably wouldn't enjoy it much now)
    Goddamnit, and I was kind of enjoying having a non-trolling, civil discussion with you for once.

    As far as 10, I primarily meant pure as in untouched by ATB, not purist/traditional/whatever; it definitively is a turn based game and has no ATB elements. I think the rest of the debate is just varying definitions of what "getting away from the ATB system" means or implies. I see it more as trying to modify a system that, at its core, went completely unchanged from 4 to 9.

    Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    That is true though it's definitely one of the simpler ones but still fun and quite frankly every single "modern" RPG that still used a form of turn based battle systems or atb have updated it or they kept to their roots and modified it to an extent...but still have the traditional feel of it, which no one complains about. It's just the FF crowd that seems to get uppity, especially when VII is regarded. Obviously when people wanted a VII remake things would have changed but there's still plenty who woulda liked the traditional system.
    That's kind of the major problem I have with the remake's current direction. They could've updated and modernized it the same way a lot of series do without making it (look like it will) feel so radically different. If they wanted to do a new system, I'd be perfectly fine for a new game, but why remake an old one?

  10. #1690
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    This is really the important news for me. It would ruin my immersion otherwise.

    Other stuff is good too.
    All I'm saying is that he confirmed it months ago.
    https://www.vg247.com/2015/06/17/fin...gritty-remake/

  11. #1691
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,311
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    All I'm saying is that he confirmed it months ago.
    https://www.vg247.com/2015/06/17/fin...gritty-remake/
    "Please look forward to it."
    Triggered. This has to be SE's company motto by this point.

  12. #1692
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,779
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    If they wanted to do a new system, I'd be perfectly fine for a new game, but why remake an old one?
    Maybe I'm alone, but Advent Children gave me all kinds of feels of "I'd love to play FFVII like THAT." I don't see the harm in taking a story and characters that most people loved and crafting a different experience, specially if they're going to be as faithful and expansive to the original as they're talking about.

  13. #1693
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,603
    BG Level
    8

    If they're only putting Midgar in the first chapter, that means it's more than just 3 releases. I'm not really looking forward to finishing FF7 over a five year period. Does anyone else get the feeling that they might resort to making shortcuts, possibly scrapping the world map and turning it into a hub-destination system?

  14. #1694
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,838
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    If they're only putting Midgar in the first chapter, that means it's more than just 3 releases. I'm not really looking forward to finishing FF7 over a five year period. Does anyone else get the feeling that they might resort to making shortcuts, possibly scrapping the world map and turning it into a hub-destination system?
    I did until they said they weren't going to cut things for the most part, only add.

    Also where did it say first chapter would be only midgar? I just got that Midgar would be highly expanded.

  15. #1695
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    If they're only putting Midgar in the first chapter, that means it's more than just 3 releases. I'm not really looking forward to finishing FF7 over a five year period. Does anyone else get the feeling that they might resort to making shortcuts, possibly scrapping the world map and turning it into a hub-destination system?

    You're funny.

  16. #1696
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,603
    BG Level
    8

    For some reason I read that bullet list as Midar being what we'll get to explore in the first release. My only worry is that with all of what they are adding, they may end up getting in over their heads and want to rush the rest of the real meat of the game after we've all grown bored of Midgar.

  17. #1697
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    I mean, it'd be interesting to visit the sectors we never did in the other games (Though you KIND of do in Before Crisis) but not at the expense of the fact they spent so much tine on Midgar that that entire arc takes up the whole first episode, which would still be KIND of the same as the original but if they're adding more content, it just gonna feel like padding more than anything haha.

  18. #1698
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I highly doubt the first game will be in Midgar. It's a pretty long sequence in the original but compared to the rest of the game it's very short so they need to go beyond Midgar unless they're planning 10 games.
    I'd say the Cargo Ship is most likely because the main reason for this split is the overworld.

  19. #1699
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Goddamnit, and I was kind of enjoying having a non-trolling, civil discussion with you for once.
    Ya lost me. Not that I mind but eh.

    Also is trolling disagreeing? Seems to be the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    As far as 10, I primarily meant pure as in untouched by ATB, not purist/traditional/whatever; it definitively is a turn based game and has no ATB elements. I think the rest of the debate is just varying definitions of what "getting away from the ATB system" means or implies. I see it more as trying to modify a system that, at its core, went completely unchanged from 4 to 9.
    But that's exactly what I'm getting at when I say you need to update or change or add things to it. You can (not you specifically but someone did) quote tales as a game with systems that haven't changed (LOL) over the years but even the most basic tales games put 100x more effort into their characters and battle systems than FF does. Only recently have SE actually made an effort with gameplay, but most people are like OH WE LIKE TB CUZ.

    Which is fine, I'd kinda like a mix between action and classic RPG shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Maybe I'm alone, but Advent Children gave me all kinds of feels of "I'd love to play FFVII like THAT." I don't see the harm in taking a story and characters that most people loved and crafting a different experience, specially if they're going to be as faithful and expansive to the original as they're talking about.
    This is what I feel mostly. Even playing shit like Dissidia you see how these characters could fight and how much more awesome they are when they aren't stuck to the floor swinging once a turn.

  20. #1700
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    FFT was the only game in memory where it literally forced me to restart the whole thing cuz I saved like a dumbass in one slot before the Wiegraf fight. That shit was hard, fuck all this pinky raising "wat wuz really hard" type conversations.
    Yeah FFT gave everyone the intro to "use more than one save file". I dont believe the "I had no problem on my first playthrough" shit unless your first playthrough was years after release.

Page 85 of 157 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 ... LastLast