1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 8 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 1 hours, 36 minutes
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 566
  1. #241
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,446
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahaudant View Post
    Why must at least 1 tank always be in their defensive stance in this situation?
    Initial hate and healer DPS. But I normally play PLD and PLD has major hate problems in Sword oath at the moment.

  2. #242
    #Despair
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,949
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahaudant View Post
    Why must at least 1 tank always be in their defensive stance in this situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Initial hate and healer DPS. But I normally play PLD and PLD has major hate problems in Sword oath at the moment.
    That's correct; the beginning of the fight is the biggest time to do burst, not the end, so for that reason all DPS need to be popping their cooldowns, potions and big dick DPS. I'd be impressed if any tank could hold aggro on that without their tank stance for at least one combo, starting from zero enmity.

    Also, yea, PLD's enmity generation is really fucking bad right now.

  3. #243
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    287
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    I must be taking our NIN for granted... and he wants to switch to MNK now, great.

  4. #244
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Shadewalker and Smokescreen really do put a nail in any hate issues in the opening of a fight.

  5. #245
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    390
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Yeah. Pulls in our raid revolve around 3 things. Infuriate, Huton, Shadewalker. NIN is a tanks best friend.

  6. #246
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,390
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    How to not die to enrage: Kill shit with WAR
    Enrage is 10:30, this is a clear in 9:34



    MCH crashed when the last two Gobwidows were up too (and yes, that stupid 'do you want to only get 1 chest for the week??' bullshit still pops up. Thankfully he came back in time).

    I finished leveling WAR a few days before Savage patch and I just want to bring it to everything now. I'll go bury my sword in the fake grave from PLD job quest line.

  7. #247
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Is that a 1.6k DPS MNK? What the fuck?

  8. #248
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,390
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    It's A2S. Think T4 on crack.

  9. #249
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    271
    BG Level
    4
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Is that a 1.6k DPS MNK? What the fuck?
    AoE + Vulrenability stacks. You can do 2k+ on BLM/SMN.

  10. #250
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    So your 1k was with vurn debuffs. What do you think you'd be doing without those stacks?

    I was ready to be super impressed, but then I saw what the mnk was doing.

  11. #251
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,390
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by StUfF View Post
    AoE + Vulrenability stacks. You can do 2k+ on BLM/SMN.
    Show me a parse of a BLM doing 2k. The only class I've seen get close to that is SMN.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    So your 1k was with vurn debuffs. What do you think you'd be doing without those stacks?

    I was ready to be super impressed, but then I saw what the mnk was doing.
    Go look at other parses for A2S.

  12. #252
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    287
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Well, our NIN is leaving. I've been trying to hunt down a MNK or NIN replacement but not many people still looking for a savage group.

    As a WAR I'd miss the shit out of shadewalker but I was thinking the generally higher dps of a MNK along with the utility of Dragon Kick would be an acceptable replacement. It's been some time of actively hunting around for a decent player with no luck so with a group comp of WAR, PLD, WHM, SCH, DRG, BLM, MCH should I hold out for a MNK/NIN or is it OK to open up recruitment to maybe SMN as well?

  13. #253
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    390
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Any composition is viable. Some are more optimal than others, though. In an ideal raid group you'd have players who are experts at multiple roles and can switch depending on the situation. For NIN specifically I think it's invaluable, but you don't need one.

  14. #254
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    390
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Dammerung had way better kill time...but WAR deeps is real.


  15. #255
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    16
    BG Level
    1

    So um...

    Do we still use fracture? Is it worth loosing a stack?

  16. #256
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    287
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    I've been messing with various rotations trying to fit Fracture almost solely to line up Berserk with 4 stacks. I still end up having to wait for half a second, maybe less, after Heavy Swing with 4 stacks... but I figure the tiny pause is better than another full rotation.

    First Fracture in the first berserk (ensure you have 5 stacks first). Then twice more as it falls off. Then you'll clip the 4th Fracture slightly under the second Berserk.

    This could all be bullshit though since I'm basically just eyeing it. Maybe a real WAR can chime in.

  17. #257
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    390
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Whether or not you consider me a "real WAR" is your own decision, but I always use Fracture. I try to not clip the dot, and I prioritize its use during IR and Zerk+IR uptime.

    That being said I've never bothered to calculate rotation potencies , I've always just played the game.

  18. #258
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    There are two conditions to use fracture, triple fell cleave opener and when it presents itself to you again, and any downtime you might have on a boss target due to jump or handling mechanics or whatever.

    You can run a parse yourself give it about ~5min and see that it should output less damage when used; 100% up time no clipping, during berserk only before it wears off or sometime before your next combo, and not using it at all. You should see that when it isn't used at all is when your DPS should be the highest (970~1k)

  19. #259
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    Whether or not you consider me a "real WAR" is your own decision, but I always use Fracture. I try to not clip the dot, and I prioritize its use during IR and Zerk+IR uptime.

    That being said I've never bothered to calculate rotation potencies , I've always just played the game.
    If your second fracture is going to have full up time (I forgot the math but i think one or two ticks can be forgone for it to be worth?) and you're not interrupting a rotation clipping fracture at less than 6 seconds is a potency gain. the lower the time on the fracture the better obviously. Also it matters if your going to lose eye as a result as well and of course hypercharge and TA timings.

  20. #260
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    390
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Yeah I would never forego Eye uptime to get off Fracture, and I try to never clip above 3 seconds. I'll also wait if I'm going to have IR up in the next few GCDs to maximize Fracture's potential. I'm so used to using Fracture from my 2.0 rotation that it just feels right.

    I'll continue to use Fracture..

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast