1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 48 minutes
Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 1251
  1. #241
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    324
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    You mean, you can be picked while being MT? I never saw that.
    We generally just ignore the left leg (except stun) and focus on right leg.
    Providing everyone is alive it's always the OT and a DPS isn't it?
    You can force the other tank to go flying by making sure that your hate level is above theirs. Hate itself appears to be determined as a shared value of the two legs/manipulator itself. Once I picked this up I've been able to stop myself from ever getting picked to go into quarantine by going balls out with my opener. Mostly because I'm a jerk who hates being interrupted mid combo or during berserk, I'll force the other guy to deal with it.

    Edit: Just to clarify, I never touch the other leg until the one I'm on is down. you definitely do not need to have threat on both legs.

  2. #242
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    40
    BG Level
    1

    So what are our parses looking like in Alex so far? I'm generally hitting 350-500 in Alex depending on fight, usually somewhere in the four hundreds. In sum, unless a DPS is really bad, I'll probably be around 50-100 below most pugs I see. I run 3 or so vit accs because I have to PF a lot, but I'm wondering if there's more I can do besides gear to up my numbers.

  3. #243
    The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,045
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    PUGs are doing that badly?

  4. #244
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,198
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    PUGs are doing that badly?
    are you surprised?

  5. #245
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    3,497
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    173

    Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    PUGs are doing that badly?
    Considering how often I see MCH and BRD being outdps-ed by PLD in 3.0 now I suggest that SE add traits to these 2 jobs named "shot yourself in the foot" and "arrow to the knee" that deals 5k damage to yourself whenever you can't do your rotation right.

  6. #246
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,198
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    i think that aplies to all dps
    had a mnk un alex 1 doing less dps then the pld
    what you give them? "hundred fisting your ass!"?

  7. #247
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    755
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Ismenian View Post
    So what are our parses looking like in Alex so far? I'm generally hitting 350-500 in Alex depending on fight, usually somewhere in the four hundreds. In sum, unless a DPS is really bad, I'll probably be around 50-100 below most pugs I see. I run 3 or so vit accs because I have to PF a lot, but I'm wondering if there's more I can do besides gear to up my numbers.
    highest i done 848 on T1. wish i had ninja for more TP and dat hate transfer move lawl

  8. #248
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    386
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Its a counter. Its something you sneak in when the opportunity presents itself. Its not something you sit there and set up for and fire off. It feels so clunky having a goddamn counter that can't be fired off until your GCD resets. It feels like something out of 2001. It really, really needs to be changed. I'm about to remove it from my bar because I have 0 opportunities to use it in an actual fight.
    This ability has evolved.. what are you talking about.. it went from my CTL+3 hotbar spot to my alt+shift "+" spot. That's 9 keys worth of evolution dude, do you even Dawkins?

    if they don't take it off the GCD they could at least enhance it by adding something other enmity to it which I have never functionally needed. A defense down, a slow, an attack down, anything.. something to justify its existence at this point.

    EDIT: DPS wise - PLD can't dps, please don't give people the idea that they can dish out good dps which would lead to a nerf. WAR and DRK are DPS kings, they need a nerf. PLD dps is garbage. Make sure you let everyone know.
    I demand a buff for PLD dps.

  9. #249
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,979
    BG Level
    10

    Still think it should be a conal AoE.

  10. #250
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Hay guys, I just thought I'd let you know that BRD has a WS that's off the GCD, it's use and reuse is completely independent of the GCD despite being a WS in every other way (TP cost and all).

    Sounds nice doesn't it?

  11. #251
    Jem
    Jem is offline
    Claustrum. Really?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,806
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Don't forget the recast is affected by skill speed too unlike other oGCD abilities!

    (Granted right now it's not much, mine is like 14.73 instead of 15)

  12. #252
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,755
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I really wish Divine Veil had more visual flare to it. Half the time I don't even know if it's doing anything. Can DV even provide it's shield onto you? I don't think I've ever gotten it but other party members have.

  13. #253
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8,918
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    DV is everyone else only but yourself. The only way I know it worked is that I see the icon on the player's lifebar if they don't have many buffs on. Even I sometimes doubt if the healer has healed me in the last 30 seconds haha

  14. #254
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2

    has anyone figured out what the enmity modifier on shield swipe is? is weaving in a few shield swipes from sheltron+procs good enough to hold aggro in like sword oath or something

  15. #255
    Jem
    Jem is offline
    Claustrum. Really?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,806
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Well Swipe is a DPS loss now so only reason to use it would be for TP reasons.

  16. #256
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,755
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I love and hate Clemency at the same time. If it didn't have a 3.0 sec cast time then it would've been a pretty nice quick heal if the healer is having trouble keeping everyone up.

  17. #257
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    112
    BG Level
    3
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    I like it in Alexander 4 fight when I am in vacuum and the damage is not fast to kill the robot.

  18. #258
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    How much MP does Clemency cost relative to PLD's max MP at 60?

  19. #259
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,789
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Roughly 2/5s of my pool per cost.

  20. #260
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,390
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    For the massive MP cost it should have had a fast cast like Esuna/Leeches... also it can be interrupted by boss attacks which is stupid as fuck.

Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast