1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 4 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 days, 5 hours, 28 minutes
Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1251
  1. #381
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Ignoring Maim, Darkside, and our lack of a tank stance balancing factor, WAR also has a means to completing negating their damage penalty that sits and rots if they're OTing
    Unchained costs a full stack of Wrath, it's hardly sitting and rotting when it's not free to use.

  2. #382
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,379
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Is Unchained a loss mid-fight? Regardless, I'm apparently way further out of touch with WAR that I thought. Disregard

  3. #383
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    It's more situational mid-fight but it is always a dps loss if that's what you're asking.

    If you absolutely need to be in defiance for an inner beast or something then it is what it is and your penalty is gone for 20s. You might do that for progression purposes. However most would prefer to pop deliverance and convalescence as necessary and dump stacks into fell cleave.

  4. #384
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,379
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    That makes a ton of sense. Didn't even know stance swapping for stacks was a thing.

  5. #385
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    16
    BG Level
    1

    That is kind of sad then. I'm at the spot that i have all three tanks at 60 and debating which to invest in now that I go into Alex and it...SOUNDS like ill be a warrior again, just like in 2.0

  6. #386
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Every raid group is going to want a WAR, some might even want two. I think there's a good spot for any tank as usual so do the cliche "play what you find fun!" thing, PLD now makes a great OT as well as a great MT and you won't have any trouble doing content with either. With DPS checks being as heavy as they are right now though WAR definitely has a slight edge over both PLD and DRK as far as progression goes, but that will very quickly change over the coming weeks as people start getting the huge gear upgrades to 200/210 gear.

  7. #387
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    16
    BG Level
    1

    Sure but, if a war is tanky 'enough' to clear the content (which they seem to be) wont that gear increase help them more? The offensive stats scale better on them, and being overly tanky has diminishing returns as your healers are also getting more and more gear.

  8. #388
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,330
    BG Level
    9

    Depends, I would have never one-tanked T8 as a Warrior.

    Not that it was impossible, just sort of needless.

  9. #389
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    16
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    Depends, I would have never one-tanked T8 as a Warrior.

    Not that it was impossible, just sort of needless.
    Different paradigm though. Physical physical physical, hallowed.

  10. #390
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,639
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    Depends, I would have never one-tanked T8 as a Warrior.

    Not that it was impossible, just sort of needless.
    I had pld and I preferred solo-tanking T8 as War. Huh. Different strokes, I guess.

  11. #391
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,931
    BG Level
    10

    I felt the exact opposite in T8. On PLD I always had a rough time up to the first Dread because PLD sucks balls at snap aggro and Flash was barely enough to hold on to both. Plus WAR could Inner Beast to tank the mines on their side, PLD cooldowns were always being held for tower explosions and the Dreads.

  12. #392
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,446
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I felt the exact opposite in T8. On PLD I always had a rough time up to the first Dread because PLD sucks balls at snap aggro and Flash was barely enough to hold on to both. Plus WAR could Inner Beast to tank the mines on their side, PLD cooldowns were always being held for tower explosions and the Dreads.

    WAR was badass in T8.

    I always just saved Conva for the mines.

  13. #393
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I felt the exact opposite in T8. On PLD I always had a rough time up to the first Dread because my PLD sucks balls at snap aggro and Flash was barely enough to hold on to both. Plus WAR could Inner Beast to tank the mines on their side, PLD cooldowns were always being held for tower explosions and the Dreads.
    fixed

    well-timed Voke>lob, Flash, hate combo on it. Rarely ever lost it. That said we pretty much always 2-tanked this so offtank is mechanics-bitch (mines, homing).

  14. #394
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,639
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    WAR was badass in T8.

    I always just saved Conva for the mines.
    Yup yup. Get topped off between each one and just run, baby.

  15. #395
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,931
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    fixed
    Mine does, yes. Yours does too. Excluding Provoke which is its own thing, Flash is the only reasonable source of instant Enmity PLD has.

    "Rarely ever" is significantly more often than "absolutely never" like WAR and what's always fun is losing The Avatar while you're dicking around with the Dread because your BLM (and probably everyone else) was already creeping before it popped and now you're comboing the other mob while they're Flaring the shit out of everything.

    Compared to WAR (and probably DRK but I don't play it), PLD sucks at snap aggro, and I find it pretty amusing that PLD's general threat generation issues are only now being recognized when WARs have been pulling bosses off PLDs at will since Labyrinth of the Ancients was introduced.

  16. #396
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,755
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    To be fair, PLD's poor enmity generation didn't matter when the Halone combo was all that mattered pre-expansion. With Goring Blade and Royal Authority now being strictly better DPS combos, it makes it much more of an issue that needs to be addressed.

  17. #397
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    386
    BG Level
    4

    anyone got a priority list for PLD gear? (taking into account savage and the new creed gear)

  18. #398
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,446
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    anyone got a priority list for PLD gear? (taking into account savage and the new creed gear)

    Sword first gets:

    2 damage
    +.16 delay
    6str
    8vit
    53 det

    Body first gets:

    7str
    10 vit
    86 acc

    Week 1: 450
    Week 2: 900 - 695 sword
    Week 3: 655 - 295 Shield
    Week 4: 810 - 375 belt
    Week 5: 885 - 825 body
    Week 6: 510 - 495 head

    That's the most efficient since, weapon,shield,body are AS4 drops, head is A3S drop and BiS. Belt is BiS but if you get luck with A2S and get the i210 belt you can either keep saving for legs/head earlier or get an accessory.

  19. #399
    Jem
    Jem is offline
    Claustrum. Really?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,806
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I haven't really looked into it too much but I had the loose idea in my head of:

    Week 1: Nothing
    Week 2: Sword
    Week 3: Shield
    Week 4: Waist
    Week 5: Body

    But keep in mind I haven't started getting body from Alex NQ yet so your mileage may vary. At that point I'd have to relook at what our progress in Alex Savage was.

    EDIT: Which seems to match up with what Taint was thinking.

  20. #400
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    386
    BG Level
    4

    I went with the shield first this week since all my right side is 180 and 190 slaying gear and wanted to give my healers any bit of breathing room i could.
    But 1 week from tomorrow going for the sword.

Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast