1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 6 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 hours, 31 minutes
Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 1570
  1. #541
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    989
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    You're semi wrong, Pugs in this game is simple (and I think i'm a good exemple)

    If you tell people they are bad, you are automaticly a dick or an elitist

    So for pugs in XIV they will always prefer a gimp but gentle player, then a strong player with a dickish attitude

    and XI was the opposite iirc, it didn't mather how dickish you were, till you pulled your weight, people took you
    Its why I try not to do any content with PUG's. (but inevitably with the roulettes and what not end up being unable to) The entitlement of so many people is outstanding. I don't expect people to be matching me on DPS, but I expect them to at least be competent and at least do half. One of the only ones i've done recently, I had a Monk tell me that I was elitist because I said "Hey X, I think you need to lookup some guides for your class" after they pulled 300 dps compared to my 1200 in the final boss of an expert roulette".

  2. #542
    Jem
    Jem is offline
    Claustrum. Really?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,806
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Was a lot easier to carry people in XI though. In most top LS'es I'm sure there was like a core 6-12 people who were very good and then they shoved the remainder on the LS onto the easiest jobs / least important. Which is why shit like Nyzul/Salvage was so good as you could take just the best players!

  3. #543
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    929
    BG Level
    5

    You know you can be good and elitist without being a dick?

  4. #544
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,270
    BG Level
    6

    I miss the days of a encounters where you could spend 20 minutes recuperating from a near-wipe with nothing but a NIN and a RDM.

    Now you can't even scratch your balls without forcing the entire raid to restart. FFXIV is not ball-friendly.

  5. #545
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    929
    BG Level
    5

    That and many of the highest end players in 11 like me were playing 2, 3, or even more characters at a time.

    I don't think I could even play 2 chars at once in a 14 raid

  6. #546
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,216
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    I miss the days of a encounters where you could spend 20 minutes recuperating from a near-wipe with nothing but a NIN and a RDM.
    Well, when it took hours upon hours to get the shit needed to initiate/pop a fight in XI, I would hope there'd be a means of recovery. I prefer XIV's setup, minus the lack of cooldown resets, vs. waiting 5min on the last person raised to get unweakened.


    A3S can still go fuck itself though.

  7. #547
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    You know you can be good and elitist without being a dick?
    Not when:
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    "Hey X, I think you need to lookup some guides for your class"
    is being a dick.

  8. #548
    Theory Fighter
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,427
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Yeah, people being oversensitive doesn't help at all. From time to time, you get positive responses, though. I was doing Fractal the other day and the BLM was doing the FIV rotation on double pulls. After the first one I told him "Hey, in case you don't know, the F2 -> Flare rotation is much better on 3+ mobs", expecting of course either silence or some variant of "don't tell me how to play my job". Instead, the guy said "sorry I'm a bit rusty", and immediately changed it for the next pull. He did not do great DPS, but was more than acceptable.

    Sad thing is, of course, this is an anecdote rather than the norm.

  9. #549
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    929
    BG Level
    5

    It's all in how you go about it obviously.

    We all run into players beyond the pale with no hope for redemption, but its rare that telling someone they suck and being rude will improve the situation anymore than just leaving will. Often the best you can do is just stay quiet and carry hard. If you're nice and helpful and they think you're a dick, it is out of your hands. No biggie. You don't have to just give up on humanity cause of that guy lol.

  10. #550
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    BG's been on a downward slope since mid-2012 or so, when XI's playerbase began to slowly dwindle. I miss the days of Advanced where it was constantly active and you had both really good information/theorycrafting, and really good drama.
    I mean, there isn't much to theorycraft or have drama about because of the lack of deep content so...

  11. #551
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9
    BG Level
    0

    Not much theory crafting can be done in this game. It's so... Bare... No options.

    In ffxi you had the gear swap macros that alone were more in depth than anything 14 has ever seen. Even if you managed to find a little something to theory craft or nit pick its most likely getting nerfed in a month or 2

  12. #552
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    you have to remember Gear swap macros wern't really game based, I doubt anyone would've been that much specific with the game 6 line macros lol Windower for me made XI last longer, i'm not saying XI would be dead without Windower, but player's would imo get bored faster since there would be less gear farming.

    P.S I said windower but mostly meant spellcast

  13. #553
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9
    BG Level
    0

    You want real endgame in ffxiv, try crafting at high levels(and playing the market) and try fishing.

    It feels a little more like ffxi
    PS I want gear swaps!

  14. #554
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Shilue View Post
    You want real endgame in ffxiv, try crafting at high levels(and playing the market) and try fishing.

    It feels a little more like ffxi
    PS I want gear swaps!
    Too bad gil is almost pointless and if you can craft at high levels you probably don't need to buy anything you can't make anyway.

  15. #555
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    you have to remember Gear swap macros wern't really game based, I doubt anyone would've been that much specific with the game 6 line macros lol Windower for me made XI last longer, i'm not saying XI would be dead without Windower, but player's would imo get bored faster since there would be less gear farming.

    P.S I said windower but mostly meant spellcast
    I got by just fine with my macros that changed my macro pallets so I just had to hit the same macro twice to change all my gear!

  16. #556
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I got by just fine with my macros that changed my macro pallets so I just had to hit the same macro twice to change all my gear!
    Gj if you were doing precast midcast and others with just xi macros

  17. #557
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,446
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Gj if you were doing precast midcast and others with just xi macros

    3.1 needs to hurry up, already another FFXI run off!

    But yes spellcast was the shit, one of my fav parts of 11 was making my own.

  18. #558
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    390
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I think I read that 3.1 wasn't even being announced until September

  19. #559
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Big patch always been around 3 months, so since release was june so end of september start of october imo

  20. #560
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,755
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Gives you just enough time to fully gear a job with esoterics.

Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast