Something that has always confused me about A1:
Why do people always have the OT voke the 0.5 rather than the 1.0.
If you just have the OT voke the 1.0 when the 0.5 starts coming in the MT can just chill while it comes to them, no chasing it down, no time wasted voking/lobbing/dragging/etc, no chance of it tethering at all because it's hate target didn't update fast enough or whatever.
We have our OT take the original as well, just makes it much easier for Banes and keeping it all smooth. Right as the .5 comes down he'll voke the old boss and the DRK will just step back to the other side of the arena. Never have any issue with tethering or anything else this way.
Yeah we have a NIN, I still have to enmity combo a bunch but it at least lets me put off doing multiple until my 4th combo. So I can enmity combo -> Souleater during TA then get up Delirium for splashes. After that I usually have to do a couple of enmity combos though. Not sure how PLD would do cooldown during tethers though since DRK has Dark Mind to knock off 30% on one. I use Shadowskin (20% DR) on pull, Shadow Wall (30% DR) on start of the hand phase, then after knockback and passing buffs I Awareness which lasts until the split. I Shadowskin again during the DPS check when I turn off Grit, but at this point you might want to save yours for the tethers, I'm not actually sure, if you don't use it I'd recommend throwing Shield Oath back on for the last slap though, might just be our healers but we've had deaths to it a few times when me and the WAR are both still in DPS stances. Then for tethers I can Shadow Wall the first one and Dark Mind the second, if you saved Rampart you could use that on one and Sentinel for the other, otherwise maybe Stoneskin yourself for the second one and Sentinel the first? I dunno how PLDs usually handle it.
That's how pretty much everyone beat it that cleared a1s the first week.
I hate df alex, mt always run in.. pulls, and the drag it across the entire arena. That's like 10 seconds my shadow flare was doing nothing, and considering damage presplit is effectively doubled its more like 20 seconds my shadow flare wasn't working. I brought it up once to a party and they told me such a small thing didn't matter... but it does! Many small things make a big thing!
So the thing about PLD in A3S is this: Unless you have a NIN to supply you with hate tools, your ability to do DPS is going to be somewhat wonky. I'll outline for you what our PLD does because we run MNK/DRG
Phase 1: Does a starting Halone combo in Shield Oath to establish hate. Spends the rest of the phase in Sword as long as people used quelling at the beginning.
Phase 2: Shield until hands are brought together, then he switches to sword until the end of the phase.
Phase 3: Sword the entire time. Rampart > Sentinel for tethers + Adlo.
Phase 4: Sword oath the entire time until dead for DPS. Hallowed > Sentinel for tethers.
I will tell you this though.. After starting A4S progression this week he is switching to DRK next week once he can get his weapon. He says A3 was bad but A4 was even worse and he doesn't want to wait for 3.1 to get fixes for PLD.
Looks like that group on Chocobo cleared A4. Only 2 more groups to go!
https://twitter.com/_amochi/status/637675542733426688
Chocobo too stronk. I need to transfer LOL
its absolutely retarded how a4s is so bad for PLD and so catered towards DRK. really, double warrior would be better there too.
"Let's make a boss who's attacks are 99% magical, and the only part where having a shield or bulwark is useful are on the adds!"
Well yeah people basically assumed that week 1 of Alex Normal. Class is wack
....So just have PLD off tank wtf?
You know PLD handles physical damage better, you know DRK handles magical damage better.
If the team has a PLD throw them OT whats the hoopla about.
If you have a PLD put them where they'll be most effective.
If you don't have a pld then no harm no foul.
cause tank swaps, and pld fighting the quarantine add is lol compared to war or even drk
yay mule cleared turn 3 with pugs finally......
can finally devote all time to turn 4 pugs now ><
also that choco grp that cleared was a static, not pug so dont freak out yet!
They also have far less to offer as OT in general.
Im not in A4s but I thought you could only take a few hits and defense doesn't matter, so it was basically a dps check more than anything. I could be totally off though just an observation
yea need to kill it asap because it adds blunt debuff
hell, you can even let the DPS take 1 debuff just so incase the tank doesnt suddenly vaporise and never recover