1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 17 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 16 hours, 7 minutes
Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1461 to 1480 of 1570
  1. #1461
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    572
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    There are many active RMT spammers and people just starting the game. They obviously haven't beaten A4N.

  2. #1462
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    62
    BG Level
    2

    Anyone know why we keep having wrong tank getting hit with Hydro in AS4?

    For a while it was the start of third leg where the Drk (who MTs second leg but OTs third leg) was getting it, despite definitely not having aggro. On third leg it starts on WHM and then I Provoke immediately. Even if he did a super low aggro opener on that leg, sometimes he was getting it.

    Somehow that is no longer a problem and it's consistently been on me.

    But the fourth leg is really crazy now. And that's the real problem.

    I am OT on fourth leg until after orbs. Twice tonight I took the Hydro right after orbs despite being across the room and definitely not having aggro. I did not Provoke either.

    I mean I guess we can get used to me taking that giant burst there (balls + hydro) but I see no reason why I should be getting hit by it.

  3. #1463
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,467
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I suppose it wouldn't be possible for them to stretch their resources wide enough, considering they're likely working on the next raid by the time the current one releases. But what if every even patch they dropped Story Mode (Catch up gear) and Coils Mode (Raid Gear). And then every odd patch they dropped down Savage Mode on par with Savage SCOB (Harder with Title/Minion/Mount rewards).

  4. #1464
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,631
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbul Stonecleaver View Post
    Anyone know why we keep having wrong tank getting hit with Hydro in AS4?

    For a while it was the start of third leg where the Drk (who MTs second leg but OTs third leg) was getting it, despite definitely not having aggro. On third leg it starts on WHM and then I Provoke immediately. Even if he did a super low aggro opener on that leg, sometimes he was getting it.

    Somehow that is no longer a problem and it's consistently been on me.

    But the fourth leg is really crazy now. And that's the real problem.

    I am OT on fourth leg until after orbs. Twice tonight I took the Hydro right after orbs despite being across the room and definitely not having aggro. I did not Provoke either.

    I mean I guess we can get used to me taking that giant burst there (balls + hydro) but I see no reason why I should be getting hit by it.
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but it means you have agro. That is the only way you get hit with the missile - You ripped or somehow still had agro.

  5. #1465
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    62
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but it means you have agro. That is the only way you get hit with the missile - You ripped or somehow still had agro.
    See the first time I was wondering, maybe I did pull aggro with Berserk but I found it really unlikely, especially with a lot of lost uptime running across room to grab an entire set of balls..

    Then the second time the Drk made definitely sure he had aggro, and I wasn't even remotely close to his aggro when I left leg to move towards orbs. He even said "I absolutely had aggro there" cause he was watching for it

  6. #1466
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,631
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbul Stonecleaver View Post
    See the first time I was wondering, maybe I did pull aggro with Berserk but I found it really unlikely, especially with a lot of lost uptime running across room to grab an entire set of balls..

    Then the second time the Drk made definitely sure he had aggro, and I wasn't even remotely close to his aggro when I left leg to move towards orbs. He even said "I absolutely had aggro there" cause he was watching for it
    I mean, I'm sure he believes it. But for the split second where the manipulator was determining who had hate to use Missile... it was you. We had similar issues with our WAR doing a rip and run butchers block on a leg before leaving to get an add and stealing agro because the DRK was in Grit trying to push DPS. Sometimes that crit or high dmg butchers is enough to push you over the edge, even temporarily, to get targeted by mechanics even if he rips it back before the move goes off.

  7. #1467
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,222
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    On A4S second leg, I presume the folks in quarantine are required to kill the doll at a certain speed? Seen a couple instances of them coming out of there on the second quarantine in that phase, just to immediately be targeted with lasers a mile away from the group, which basically meant their death.

    Also fuck this fight as a healer.

  8. #1468
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    The missile hits whoever the body is targeting. It's possible to have threat on the body but not the leg.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    On A4S second leg, I presume the folks in quarantine are required to kill the doll at a certain speed? Seen a couple instances of them coming out of there on the second quarantine in that phase, just to immediately be targeted with lasers a mile away from the group, which basically meant their death.

    Also fuck this fight as a healer.
    Aim for 2-3 debuff stacks. 4 is hitting too slow category. I usually let the DPS take the first stack. It's not even close to a death if people coming out get targeted. You can easily run to the middle and stop. Have people pick up the tethers. SCH can adlo the target and then even if you fuck up and they take 2 they'll live.

  9. #1469
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    BG Level
    1
    FFXIV Character
    Odowla Wetae
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Only thing I'm hoping for with teh next raid tier is that its not nerfed to oblivion because A3 was challenging.

  10. #1470
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,446
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Odowla View Post
    Only thing I'm hoping for with teh next raid tier is that its not nerfed to oblivion because A3 was challenging.

    I'm good with everything about A3 except enrage. The build in DPS checks are cool like the hands, but I'm more of a fan of soft enrage perma stacks on the boss (Thordan) or gradually harder hitting tank busters (ahk morn) I think are better designs and allow more player innovation.

  11. #1471
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Thordan has a hard enrage.

  12. #1472
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    BG Level
    1
    FFXIV Character
    Odowla Wetae
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Thordan has a hard enrage.
    Isn't that supposed to just be that Add that you have to kill? I've never seen past it basically, you generally die to the aoe there.

  13. #1473
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    At the end there is a slow cast Ancient Quaga that wipes the party.

  14. #1474
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    BG Level
    1
    FFXIV Character
    Odowla Wetae
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Oh, rip. Never seen it, i'm guessing its like 10:30ish?

  15. #1475
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    What octo said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Odowla View Post
    Isn't that supposed to just be that Add that you have to kill? I've never seen past it basically, you generally die to the aoe there.
    That guy works the same as he does earlier in the fight, the lower you get his HP the less damage the attack does.

  16. #1476
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,446
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Thordan has a hard enrage.

    He wasn't designed with a world class DPS enrage though. I've cleared him one time after the tethered add in phase 9.

    I'm all for high DPS but not perfect DPS or you hit a hard enrage.

  17. #1477
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    BG Level
    1
    FFXIV Character
    Odowla Wetae
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    \o/ eh, never seen past the Add. I've heard the last phases are really rough though, usually you wipe to the AoE spam during the DPS check though.

    I'd like to see more fights that are like the Void Ark Fights, most of them were quite interesting, maybe tune them up a bit etc.

  18. #1478
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Honestly as long as enough people survive the ice storms-comets-holy chains part the fight's over at that point, there's really no more mechanics, all you do after that is heal bomb and DPS.

    If you can't kill Thordan before the Sacred Cross knight then just use LB on the knight and kill Thordan after.

  19. #1479
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

    Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I'm good with everything about A3 except enrage. The build in DPS checks are cool like the hands, but I'm more of a fan of soft enrage perma stacks on the boss (Thordan) or gradually harder hitting tank busters (ahk morn) I think are better designs and allow more player innovation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    He wasn't designed with a world class DPS enrage though. I've cleared him one time after the tethered add in phase 9.

    I'm all for high DPS but not perfect DPS or you hit a hard enrage.
    A3S hasn't required world-class DPS or anywhere near perfect execution since the first weeks of 3.05, and it certainly doesn't require it now with all the gear that's available.

    I think hard enrages are fine: you should be held to some standard while dealing with mechanics, otherwise we end with fights that you can borderline zombie like pretty much all the primals (including Thordan). The only thing I think the devs should do is make up their minds on the tank/healer DPS requirements.

  20. #1480
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,446
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    A3S hasn't required world-class DPS or anywhere near perfect execution since the first weeks of 3.05, and it certainly doesn't require it now with all the gear that's available.

    I think hard enrages are fine: you should be held to some standard while dealing with mechanics, otherwise we end with fights that you can borderline zombie like pretty much all the primals (including Thordan). The only thing I think the devs should do is make up their minds on the tank/healer DPS requirements.

    A3S is largely irrelevant as of 3.1 and based on the clear rates prior to 3.1 the DPS check was very strict. 3 or 4 of my FCs raid groups were stuck on enrage for weeks and cleared instantly after 3.1. I understand its a case of git gud but being able to do the dance should have more weight than the DPS check. Like I said I like the middle of the fight checks. Hand check in phase 2 or the hands in the final phase, I just don't like the instant FU from bosses and prefer a gradual enrage. Make the 6th Cascade require tank LB3 to survive, now groups have a decision to make, push to kill before or save tank LB to survive.

Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast