1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 6 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 3 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 LastLast
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Not sure if this even counts, but recently I moved back to California and was staying at my friends for a little bit . Their statics tank overslept and he asked me on the spot if I wanted to rep. Keep in mind.. never actually cleared as1 but my former static that had died got far enough for me to see every phase. I had always thought maybe I just wasn't good enough from all the fail before. But not only did I get my 1st clear, we one shot that son of a bitch. It felt damn good, but I know I only got the win because the group was experienced. My friend told me he was still fuckin floored and couldn't believe we did it so easily despite me never clearing it. I want to do more of this honestly. I didn't main tank it on my warrior, mostly was in deliverance until the split/tank buster phases.

tl;dr Got my first as1 clear recently, friend of mine asked me to rep their tank from his static, I had never actually cleared before.

I guess my question is, am I truly ready for the rest of Alex savage? Is this a good sign or did I just get lucky? Everyone has to pull their own weight in savage, and my buddy told me I had over 1000 dps. Either way it felt great to finally get a win and destroy oppressor.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

With current gear you shouldnt have any problems until A3S. Even then the dps check aint that big of a hurdle with people running around at least thordan weapons in hand. So yea, go for it. It's not like there's anything better to do.

Still have 6days left on my sub. Been trying to find a group for the week to clear 1-4, but looks like no one needs a BRD. It doesnt help that there are four groups in Phoenix with a A4S kill lol

I really fucking hate Phoenix some times.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

That EU datacenter tho

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Kind of a useless video since the second it gets to TERA he just explains the gameplay and not how the server actually deals with masking the latency to allow for said 'action' combat.

On that front, it also doesn't delve into how network traffic works and packet loss, which are two of ARR's bigger problems courtesy of the shit routes we get to take to reach the game server's terrible location. "The server is lagging", no it's not, one of level3's traffic nodes or that one wireless hop over in west USA is fucking you over, or some other server farting for awhile which I seem to end up with the odd day that's down over in New York.

It's a nice video, though the "technologies" didn't happen in the order he stated them.

Airwarrior and cyberstrike both had "client prediction" as he calls it in back in the early 90s. The lag was so bad, but dear god it made the game easy if you could think 6-10 seconds in the future and play accordingly. People will call GMs to spectate me during matches cause I would wipe entire enemy teams out without them even seeing me on their screen, or if they did see me I would take a stupid amount of damage without dying. On their screen they were shooting me, on my screen I was back in base already refit for defense. :D

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Having some consistency issues in last phase of A4S where a doll will sneak a fourth stack in the odd time on a melee's doll when we go to feed them right after the second carnage goes off, causing a wipe.

Any ideas on how to address it? Most of the vids I checked appear to do exactly the same thing we're doing with waiting on second carnage before feeding to the big doll which the MT holds a little off to the side of the bosses' front, just to ease up on the healing. I don't know if engaging the small dolls faster, or even delaying it (since they sit there for a couple GCDs before activating) changes the timing on their stack delivery or not.

May end up saying fuck it and just let them feed asap with a clear line to the big doll so they don't potentially clip someone with carnage if they can't get it squeezed in before that.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Having some consistency issues in last phase of A4S where a doll will sneak a fourth stack in the odd time on a melee's doll when we go to feed them right after the second carnage goes off, causing a wipe.

Any ideas on how to address it? Most of the vids I checked appear to do exactly the same thing we're doing with waiting on second carnage before feeding to the big doll which the MT holds a little off to the side of the bosses' front, just to ease up on the healing. I don't know if engaging the small dolls faster, or even delaying it (since they sit there for a couple GCDs before activating) changes the timing on their stack delivery or not.

May end up saying fuck it and just let them feed asap with a clear line to the big doll so they don't potentially clip someone with carnage if they can't get it squeezed in before that.
    Jagd doll itself will never cast 4th stack until straf doll has exploded, it most likely has just been stack from the other melee.
    Just wait for the 3rd stack to resolve and feed at that point, Straf doll will usually start casting wirbel at the same time, but there still is more than enough time to feed.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ah, overlap might be the case, would explain why it seems to always happen during the feed if both of them decide to do their stack on top of each other.

And yeah, feeding time is stupid lenient, can still do it during the whirbelwind animation post-castbar as long as that tether appears before he becomes untargetable.

How much more HP does Oppressor 0.5 spawn with compared to the Original? Is it always a set percentage above whatever the first has?

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    How much more HP does Oppressor 0.5 spawn with compared to the Original? Is it always a set percentage above whatever the first has?
    Have the exact same HP when the alarm goes off. However DPS keeon wailin on OPP, so it usually makes a 5-10% difference by the time .05 gets positioned.

God damn it, so I'm wasting my time trying to equal the HP of the original Oppressor (which the WAR provokes off me) as DRK? Assuming equal skill for everyone but me, I'd have to somehow outdps 5-10% worth of a WAR's damage while he doesn't stop?

I noticed my Oppressor always having more HP lately and since then went mad trying to equalise it.

That's....not your job, that's the DPSs job.

It's not like their HP needs to be equal before they die anyway.

Ah see, I know what you mean but I PLD this fight 99% of the time and I was starting to wonder if PLD really is that far behind on deeps, it's shit like that that makes me wonder why I bother trying to optimise PLD dps at all.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Why don't you... open up ACT and look at DPS rather than looking at the % of a bosses health? With optimal play DRK is about 15%~ ahead of PLD as far as DPS goes though, WAR is around 20%~. Sounds like that gap should be squashed quite a bit come 3.2 but we'll see.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Double post fail.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I wouldn't even worry too much about that on normal mode. I didn't even worry or use plug-ins for A1 savage, I had full faith in triple fell cleaving oppressors .5s face off when he isn't dropping tank busters.

I swear if WAR is ruined.. don't care because I have all 3 tank classes leveled and geared. I'm ready SE, bring it bitches.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    Ah see, I know what you mean but I PLD this fight 99% of the time and I was starting to wonder if PLD really is that far behind on deeps, it's shit like that that makes me wonder why I bother trying to optimise PLD dps at all.

Its not the job as much as how the fight goes. The 1.0 is still taking damage after the HP is mimicked but before the 0.5 is targetable and well as the few seconds waiting for the .5 to cross the map.

With that said Dual WAR or DRK/WAR are pretty optimal but not required at this gear lvl.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Part of the issue with PLD being far behind on DPS is that they need a NIN to really keep hate competitively due to halone having a lower enmity modifier than both power slash and butcher's block. This means a PLD in sword oath might still lose it without NIN hate tools as opposed to a DRK or WAR.

This is part of the reason PLD deeps is behind, not enough flexibility depending on your comp. Hoping the halone modifier is one of the things that gets changed in 3.2.