1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The New Crafting Thread! How are you doing with your i150HQ penta Melded gears?

Just curious, any of you is there already and has some interesting ideas/builds to share?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Discussed briefly in the normal crafting thread, but I doubt anyone overmelding anything when it's *ALMOST* guaranteed there is going to be meldable i160-i180 craftable gear come Tuesday.

Red crafting scripts get released Tuesday along with Alexander Savage and Esoteric Tomes and I think a lot of crafters are expecting Red crafting script books (Mastercraft IV) from them.

I'm certainly expecting that, along with all the job-specific crafting gear that we saw as part of the run up to Heavensward. I think we're headed back to max melded crafting AF sets.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Penta melding anything atm is useless and a waste of gil. Just wait it out, its not like you cant already craft everything with just about the base HQ stats of the i150 gears.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I love dumb questions, but what's the math of Craftmanship vs progression.

Exemple, When I craft the first moves I always do is Inner quiet + Careful synth II until I am 1 Carefull II away from finishing and then I bosst my Control till 10 or 5 dur then i finish it. Anyway

Yesterday wanted to do some Rainbow Thread HQ (my WVR has ok gear) So iwas like Ok i should be fine, Progression was 169, and I finished it in 1 Careful Synth II.

So how can i do math to figure out, how many Careful synth II i need to complete this synth

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Discussed briefly in the normal crafting thread, but I doubt anyone overmelding anything when it's *ALMOST* guaranteed there is going to be meldable i160-i180 craftable gear come Tuesday.

Red crafting scripts get released Tuesday along with Alexander Savage and Esoteric Tomes and I think a lot of crafters are expecting Red crafting script books (Mastercraft IV) from them.

I'm certainly expecting that, along with all the job-specific crafting gear that we saw as part of the run up to Heavensward. I think we're headed back to max melded crafting AF sets.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
    I saw some people with fully melded i150 HQ stuff already, which is why I was curious, also I thougth that making a new thread could be a good idea since we're cleaning the slates from 2.0, so.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm still using dodore stuff with melded dragon fang earring (craftsmanship not capped). I imagine once i160+ stuff are released, they should last us for quite a while, so melding them would be a good investment. However, with current conversion rates for tier Vs, It's going to be a tough capping stats unless SE buffs the rate we get them. Unless crafted gear are easy to crank out, trying to spiritbond them just for materia may be costly.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    However, with current conversion rates for tier Vs, It's going to be a tough capping stats unless SE buffs the rate we get them.
    Well, the current rate is 0% (only obtainable via luck w/ goblin converter), so they pretty much are required to buff the rate somehow.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    I'm still using dodore stuff with melded dragon fang earring (craftsmanship not capped). I imagine once i160+ stuff are released, they should last us for quite a while, so melding them would be a good investment. However, with current conversion rates for tier Vs, It's going to be a tough capping stats unless SE buffs the rate we get them. Unless crafted gear are easy to crank out, trying to spiritbond them just for materia may be costly.
    Go look at the gear caps on garland tools. Even with tier V in most left hand slots, I think it's impossible to max meld the level 60 serp gear. I think the off hands have like +59 craftsmanship or something silly.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Here it is:

Get ready to laugh.

Craftsmanship +52
    Control +26
    CP +4

Also, posted previously in this thread, a resource I hadn't heard of till yesterday has all your stat/gear caps on everything:

http://www.garlandtools.org/db/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I love dumb questions, but what's the math of Craftmanship vs progression.

Exemple, When I craft the first moves I always do is Inner quiet + Careful synth II until I am 1 Carefull II away from finishing and then I bosst my Control till 10 or 5 dur then i finish it. Anyway

Yesterday wanted to do some Rainbow Thread HQ (my WVR has ok gear) So iwas like Ok i should be fine, Progression was 169, and I finished it in 1 Careful Synth II.

So how can i do math to figure out, how many Careful synth II i need to complete this synth
    I don't know of a simulator that is current yet.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I could be completely wrong, but I'm betting we won't have to meld the AF sets. Red Scrips are the crafting equivalent to Tomes of Esoterics, so I'm going to bet that they aren't meldable, just like battle gear from tomes.
    At this point I'd hate to be wrong -- max melding class specific sets again would be super expensive with a fresh materia tier.
    This is all of course, under assumption that esoterics/red scrips are AF.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yah my assumption is that the very very best crafter gear will be melded AF like at 2.0. And that red scripts gear will be barely a tiny bit worse than that.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ding Ding
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

People get grandmaster of the hand the 1st week when the game came out. And penta meld everything because they are already rich. The full set without melding give you 641/608/347, you only need to meld some CP to HQ anything currently.

I've just been putting cp on my gear and calling it a day.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I've only sort of penta melded my accessories, the gear untouched. heavily debating melding CP into the rest my gear but holding off on it for now and as mentioned CP is everything
    I've started to stockpile HQ seafood for myself for the oncoming red scrips day and a few materia in case I will need them to do whatever is needed for red scrip crafts. Such as new books with higher requirements, or harder crafts with higher requirements for turn in for weekly red scripts etc etc.

As mentioned, with a bit of effort and sometimes luck, you can HQ 1star (without specialty and with no HQ mats) I've done a 100% a few times without good/excellent condition/HQ mats etc etc, all you need is 10/11 stacks to HQ (if your wearing HQ crafted set, melded food etc)

Possibly safe bet though, is accessories won't see much of an upgrade, as they only saw like 1 upgrade in 2.X (just think of the poor aetheryte rings that lasted us crafters from start to finish of 2.X)

i am waiting for the red scripts to be released didnt overmeld anything yet