BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Sinister Reign     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've honestly never had that issue unless I had a bad tank, and even then there is plenty warning before the naakual spawns for your melee and support can move out of the way.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Loire View Post
    Issue sometimes is where the naakul spawns when you are at the edge of the arean as well, sometimes its on the edges with Arciella, sometimes behind you and closer to your support/nukers.
    I've still never seen it spawn and attack anyone other than whoever Arciela is attacking. I'm gonna side with Teryu, if its attacking random people, bad tank.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I've still never seen it spawn and attack anyone other than whoever Arciela is attacking. I'm gonna side with Teryu, if its attacking random people, bad tank.
    I have had once where the shark popped in the middle and refused to move from there. It still targeted the tank who had arciela along the edge but it just refused to move so it basically ate everyone since we couldn't get any more than ~17

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeldog View Post
    I have had once where the shark popped in the middle and refused to move from there. It still targeted the tank who had arciela along the edge but it just refused to move so it basically ate everyone since we couldn't get any more than ~17
    Which is exactly what happened to us. ;;

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So run in <5 instead, unless you're dual/triboxing(I can only save 1 or 2 chars at once) then you should have more than enough time to react when you see Tchakka pop.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Waiting longer to stun the shark totally fixed it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I would imagine, or I hope, every multi-boxing player would script a macro that makes all their other characters auto-follow one of their characters.

The other day, I stole hate at the wrong time, knocked back (to the middle of the arena), bound, shark popped next to me and dropped 5 bodies to the ground. It was already charging its move by the time I realized it's not going to move over to the tank.

Also, I started bringing a cor (to my pld/whm + thf/rdm/brd setup run), kills went from 22-28 minutes to 12-15 minutes. Long as I've been playing, I'm legitimately surprised a little extra acc and atk brought down the kill time that much. If I had to guess, I'd say it's largely due to the much higher rate of self darkness skillchains.

Campaign
    BG Level

Over time I kinda started to believe the augments in SR work a bit different from other augments in this game.
    I don't think there's a real randomization/roll of the augments, but a fixed table, and what is rolled is the ID in this table, with a resulting different item and different augments.
    Since I'm not very good with these things, allow me to make an example.
    A "real" roll would mean that each time an item is decided, each of the 4 possible augments is "rolled" with a resulting different stat (4 different rolls, from 0 => no stats, to X => perf stats, no clue which number corresponds to perf of course. At least one non-zero roll is guaranteed).
    What I think happens is that each item has a certain number of possible outcomes into a table, not sure how many, could be 12, or 30, but it's a fixed and I think small number.
    For instance:

Spoiler: show
    Item One
    1) STR +1
    2) STR +1 DEX +2
    3) STR +2 DEX +3
    8) DMG +1 STR +6 DEX +4
    16) DMG +17, STR+10, DEX+10, something+5 (perfect)

Fake numbers of course, and it could be 30 entries in the table for all I know, but I think it's not that big of a number in the end.
    A dice is cast, a "roll". According to the number you get, you'll receive an item with the related, fixed, pre-decided stats. A single roll.

Such a theory would explain:
    • Why I got so many times the same item with the same, identical stats
    • Why perf aug items are more common than what you'd expect

In particular about the second point. I can say that perf augments are not that rare at all, I've seen plenty. Most of the times they're not the ones I wanted, but I've seen really a lot.
    And getting perf augs with a single roll at play should be statistically more common than getting perf augs with 4 rolls at play on the same number? Not sure on this point, my math skill are lower than those of an elementary school kid.
    So... thoughts on this?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This is what I've assumed for quite a while. Even apart from the "too many perfects" thing, which could happen for several reasons, it's how many times you get the same values on nonperfect rolls as well (in particular, how many times you get the same rolls you already have on the "best so far" item you're trying to improve on). It's (probably) not a random augment system under the hood- every boss has a loot pool with multiple copies of the same item, but with different static augments. Which would also explain why ciphers were so rare to start (and apparently unintentionally rare, since they changed it so fast): they weren't a 1-in-6ish pool option, they were a 1-in-6Nish, for N different static augment options.

(Also yes, it is much more likely to roll a perfect under this alleged reign system than it would be to roll a perfect under the usual reive-cape-type random augment systems. 1 in 4*N vs 1 in N^4 type stuff. The exact values depend on how many allowable rolls there are per stat in the one case, and how many static 4-augment value sets they define for the other, but unless they really work hard to make the alleged reign system as bad as the reive cape system, it's going to be much more generous.)

Campaign
    BG Level

Each enemy having multiple copies with different augs (like you said) or randomization being in a table with fixed stats (like I said) produce pretty much the same result in the end, so wether it's A or B it makes little difference, but I'm pretty confident this is how they handled augments for SR stuff, they don't get really randomized, but there's a fixed list of augments somewhere.