Page 20 of 167 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 3330
  1. #381
    Zombie Apocalypse Princess

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    117
    BG Level
    3

    I was disappointed to discover that the Canadian Tire Centre(home of the Ottawa Sens) was NOT a gym location :/

    Picked up a bday present for my niece, drove around the mall parking lot hitting the 3 pokestops. Saw a late 20-something dude in this car on his cell phone, I presume Pokemon-ing as well

  2. #382
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Question that i havn't seen in the FAQs

    In a car (if you are passenger)

    1) Are you able to hit a pokestop or a gym while someone is driving? (if of course you pass in range)
    2) If you do hit a gym and you walk or drive too far off the gym WHILE in battle, are you gonna get disconnected or will you still be able to finish the gym?

  3. #383
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Time for lunch and servers are down. SURPRISE

  4. #384
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,267
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    It doesn't even seem to be down due to lag or stress. Yesterday I could get on if I tried a lot. Today it's just like "fuck off were offline"

  5. #385
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,637
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Question that i havn't seen in the FAQs

    In a car (if you are passenger)

    1) Are you able to hit a pokestop or a gym while someone is driving? (if of course you pass in range)
    2) If you do hit a gym and you walk or drive too far off the gym WHILE in battle, are you gonna get disconnected or will you still be able to finish the gym?
    Can't answer 2, but if you are in a car you can hit a pokestop if you can both hit it and swipe it before the car is then out of range, which obviously will be hard the faster you're driving.

    why are people playing the game while driving? stop that. or at least pull over. (not you but someone else mentioned it)

  6. #386
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    Can't answer 2, but if you are in a car you can hit a pokestop if you can both hit it and swipe it before the car is then out of range, which obviously will be hard the faster you're driving.

    why are people playing the game while driving? stop that. or at least pull over.
    I don't plan to, but sometimes my GF wanna drive, so

  7. #387
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    You will disconnect and autolose any gym fight if you leave range. Same goes for Pokestops.

  8. #388
    Zombie Apocalypse Princess

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    117
    BG Level
    3

    If you were referencing me, I was parked in various parking spots in the parking lot while using Pokestops

  9. #389
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,267
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Servers are still completely dead. Wonder how long this will go on. Fuck I feel like I'm playing XIVs launch all over. At least with that some people were on

  10. #390
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I am losing interest already since you can only battle gyms and there is a bug that makes random gym battles 100% unwinnable so the only battle possible in the game is auto-lose.

    Couple that having to stay in gym range to fight, not be able to just tag it and then fight, it's a bit annoying.

  11. #391
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,702
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Yup, might be fun down the line, but it's barely even a game at this point without trading or battles outside of gyms. Add that to the serves constantly dying and it's not a very appealing experience atm.

  12. #392
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,267
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    This was all known before launch wasn't it. Minus the crappy servers. Not sure what was expected. I'm enjoying it when j can actually log in. So far the only thing killing it for me is not being able to log in


    I certainly hope trainer battle are added at some point

  13. #393
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,544
    BG Level
    10

    So far this thing is only fun when I drive into DC. My neighborhood is barren as hell, nearest pokestop and gym are like 3 miles away.

  14. #394
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,741
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Servers are still completely dead. Wonder how long this will go on. Fuck I feel like I'm playing XIVs launch all over. At least with that some people were on
    I got in no problems \o/

  15. #395
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,575
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    The gym bug you'll win eventually if you reset enough times just keep trying.

    Funny story, before class I took over a gym that happens to be in lecture hall fora class that im attending. After class someone already took it back, and it was a professor that I had few semesters ago lol, and the user name was a plain first name + last name format.

  16. #396
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,817
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    While you're driving by Pokestops, if you hit them while in range, you'll get the items, even if the game says you're not in range when it tries to display getting the items. I drove my brother to an appointment, and he hit pokestops for me, on the way, but it didn't show any items received. Later, when I checked the journal, I had received items for each one he had hit.

  17. #397
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    Just went for a walk with the dogs and ran into some pokemon. Overall I like the premise and idea but not being able to fight stuff in the wild ala good ol' pokemon really sucks.

  18. #398
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,267
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Hatching eggs gives so much more stardust and candy. Wow. Got a rattata hatched and now have 25 candy. Idk how many I had before but I think I got near 8

  19. #399
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Game has a lot of promise so long as they build on what they already have. Of course server issues need to come first and I would hate to see what this launch would be like if it had real poke battles, friend list, etc... it can't even handle what it currently offers.

    I dont think they will ever change the premise of catching pokemon and it would be far-fetched to think that would change, but I do expect friend/proximity battles down the road.

  20. #400
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I wanna fucking fight my work neighbor. I'm convinced he's taking my gym back every time.

Page 20 of 167 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast