Page 86 of 167 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast
Results 1701 to 1720 of 3330
  1. #1701

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,039
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Sounds useless for me at least. I don't have the app open for more than 20 minutes at a time.

    Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

  2. #1702
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,565
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Yeah it's a pretty worthless system and apparently something that transferred over from the old Ingress code they used to make this.

  3. #1703
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebzile View Post
    Niantic actually added a really shitty "banning" system where you have a "bubble" around your character and if you move fast enough out of that bubble, the game thinks you're GPS spoofing and causes a soft ban. Which makes all pokemon impossible to catch, impossible to use stop and can't do gym battles. Usually lasts anywhere from 15mins to 3hours, depending on how fast and far you traveled out of the bubble. Or at least that's how I understand the system.
    Didn't do anything to me as my character seemingly looked like he ran really fast, while playing the game on the train haha

  4. #1704
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    Dunno if it's been posted, not going back a bunch of pages.

    The games been datamined, bunch of neat info.

    https://pokemonfortress.com/blogs/news/big-news

  5. #1705
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,582
    BG Level
    10

    Interesting bit about the legendaries having no capture rate.

  6. #1706
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Ok this game after lv 20 goes full on retarded. It's the only game where you literally get weaker as you level up. At lv 20 even sub 100CP Pokemon are showing up orange and taking massive amounts of resources to catch, if you don't even blow tons of resources just to have them bail.

    It may be the F2P design, but with them not selling berries and only first tier balls it's really doesn't even solve the problem. Game just went full stupid

  7. #1707
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    It's meant to present a challenge, it's a game, games need challenges...

    But I mostly agree, you should at least be able to catch the low CP stuff near on 100% of the time. However, if there was no escape rate to keep you on your toes I imagine the game would get monotonous even faster.

    Well, that data mine at least confirms that curveballs and nice/great/excellent help with capture rate, so you're supposed to be aiming for getting it inside the ring, I suppose. Not that I've anecdotally seen it help very much despite almost always fulfilling those conditions.

  8. #1708
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,351
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Yeah, I down to only ultra balls now since I have issues catching pidgies ( for exp fodder ) using regular / great balls =/ I'm about to just run away from anything over 200cp now since they're rarely worth the resources to catch.

  9. #1709
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,662
    BG Level
    10

    I guess I'm lucky my work is a pokestop, i have no problem throwing my balls all over these pokemans faces.

  10. #1710
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,107
    BG Level
    10

    My worst escapes are when I land way outside the colored circle. I guess I should make more of an effort...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  11. #1711
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,582
    BG Level
    10

    Wish they'd give you more balls overall at stops.

  12. #1712

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,039
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Should I feel some type of way when a Magicarp breaks free and escapes after 1 ball?

    Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

  13. #1713
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    Should I feel some type of way when a Magicarp breaks free and escapes after 1 ball?

    Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    Yes, rage, much like I feel every time some shit tier pidgey or Ratatta decides its time to flee after one ball. As someone mentioned above I really shouldn't need to Use a Berry + Ultra Ball on a 82CP Bulbasaur just for it to break and run away after one attempt. I've had Pokemon i've Berried, Ultra'd, and Curve-Excellented flee after a 1-shake break and that shit is beyond thunderdome frustrating and retarded.

    My wishlist for items in the future

    1) An Item that prevents a Pokemon from fleeing for ~5 Throws (Miss or land)
    2) More Pokeballs, the good ones. I.E
    -- Dusk Ball (Awesome at Night)
    -- Nest Ball (100% Capture rate on >~150?CP Pokemon)
    3) Changing how capturing works so that as you level up, lower CP Pokemon become significantly easier to capture where as the progressively higher CP cap means Pokemon at higher caps become more difficult, making it so where leveling up makes you feel like you're progressing as a trainer as it fucking should.

  14. #1714
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    I was gonna egg and evolve 20 things today since I'm only level 13 but hearing about these issues I might wait till I'm closer to 20 and have a ton of shit saved up. Poke balls are a bitch for me to get lol.

  15. #1715
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebzile View Post
    Niantic actually added a really shitty "banning" system where you have a "bubble" around your character and if you move fast enough out of that bubble, the game thinks you're GPS spoofing and causes a soft ban. Which makes all pokemon impossible to catch, impossible to use stop and can't do gym battles. Usually lasts anywhere from 15mins to 3hours, depending on how fast and far you traveled out of the bubble. Or at least that's how I understand the system.
    That's ridiculous. This game is perfect for the car and doing this basically ruins that.

  16. #1716
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,565
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    That's ridiculous. This game is perfect for the car and doing this basically ruins that.
    Well, after looking into a bit more it seems to only effect you if you have spotty GPS signal. As long as you don't lose GPS and drop outside that bubble and reappear elsewhere, you'll be fine. Still a mediocre as fuck way of combating GPS spoofing.

  17. #1717
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,617
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    So silver legacy in Reno appears to be a ponyta breeding ground. No joke astylla and I have caught over thirty combined in a about an hour

  18. #1718
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,638
    BG Level
    8

    Pokemon Go (Mobile July 2016)

    So have people tried spamming pokeball throw before the zoom out animation goes? I get it to land 100% of the time, it's stupid lol.

  19. #1719
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    So have people tried spamming pokeball throw before the zoom out animation goes? I get it to land 100% of the time, it's stupid lol.
    When I do it, it glitches out. Like a super growing shadow appears and I cant do anything or some shit.

  20. #1720
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,638
    BG Level
    8

    Pokemon Go (Mobile July 2016)

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    When I do it, it glitches out. Like a super growing shadow appears and I cant do anything or some shit.
    For some reason that only happens to me on Weedles, not sure why.

Page 86 of 167 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast