1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    i generally ignore pld, drk, and ast. pld literally only cause they probably don't know they shouldn't be on pld, which means they probably are using shield oath. and of course most plds will panic HG if they take big burst damage. drk drives me nuts because i can't differentiate between living dead animation and shadowskin/shadow wall. but biggest thing is they'll snap use LD anyway so if one's running off at low hp i have no idea if i'm wasting deathflare on them or not, since i'm not good enough to check their status bar.

ast i will only consider going after if i have every single cd available and/or it's 8v1.

that said if anybody is at less than full health i'd consider them a viable target, regardless of job.
    Look for the hourglass icon. Once I know that LD is up for them I move onto the next target. 10 times out of 10, they are just biding for time and know they are going to die anyways. I have not yet seen a single DRK use LD and have a full recovery from it in Seal Rock matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    And unless these people bring backup, it doesn't go well lol.

I enjoy pulling people to my camp like I'm fishing for mobs in XI again. Nostalgic.
    Ha, I do this very thing. Even better when you know a pincer attack is coming, and you pull a train of 1-6 people into it and swerve right away from it all. Greatness.

---

Also, this may be obvious but, I cannot stress how effective marking targets is with a "1" or an "X" is if you are in a group.

Mindless DPS or not, they are so single minded on attacking a target one at a time, you can literally mark multiple targets as the battle goes on and shift the tide of a skirmish in your favor. I move the marker around to targets who try to run in (like PLDs, DRKs, SMNs) and they get blown right the fuck up usually by the mob or run back to their crew. If you can move it fast enough it's pretty great. There was one match where I stayed hidden the entire match as Ninja and basically set up a kill order, to which we won the match by a 600 point margin.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Also, this may be obvious but, I cannot stress how effective marking targets is with a "1" or an "X" is if you are in a group.

Mindless DPS or not, they are so single minded on attacking a target one at a time, you can literally mark multiple targets as the battle goes on and shift the tide of a skirmish in your favor. I move the marker around to targets who try to run in (like PLDs, DRKs, SMNs) and they get blown right the fuck up usually by the mob or run back to their crew. If you can move it fast enough it's pretty great. There was one match where I stayed hidden the entire match as Ninja and basically set up a kill order, to which we won the match by a 600 point margin.
    For what it's worth I recommend using shapes and "late" marks (like 4, 5, bind3, and shapes) over 1 2 3 because a lot of people use 1 2 3. Worse, that idiot PLD wearing underleveled VIT gear probably has 1 macroed to that Shield Lob he won't stop spamming in Shield Oath. That said I didn't have a lot of success with people actually following my marks in Slaughter or Seize

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    For what it's worth I recommend using shapes and "late" marks (like 4, 5, bind3, and shapes) over 1 2 3 because a lot of people use 1 2 3. Worse, that idiot PLD wearing underleveled VIT gear probably has 1 macroed to that Shield Lob he won't stop spamming in Shield Oath. That said I didn't have a lot of success with people actually following my marks in Slaughter or Seize
    Lol. The dynamic in Slaughter is very different from Seize, since, everyone is forced to jump to mid and have a gigantic brawl where everything goes, and bind -> mage LB is paramount.

As for Seize however with everything spread out, it's much more effective since from a distance the matches are usually 3-6 waves of players pushing forward or retreating from nodes to claim, steal, or wanton killing. I always throw in the added message of "kill marked targets" over alliance chat as a reminder, even if I'm not the one marking.

On using other markers, I actually don't see as much effectiveness in using 3, 4, 5, or bind 2, 3. You'd think it would be obvious to attack an enemy that has any sort of icon above their head, but I've seen people straight up ignore players with these marks over their heads, when it's pretty obvious that they have low health or are under battle high/fever. I chalk it up to people compartmentalizing them away as lesser priority and are looking for 1 & 2 markers wherever they may or may not be. In this, I usually override those marks with a 1 or a 2 so the kill is again prioritized.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Look for the hourglass icon. Once I know that LD is up for them I move onto the next target. 10 times out of 10, they are just biding for time and know they are going to die anyways. I have not yet seen a single DRK use LD and have a full recovery from it in Seal Rock matches.
    I wonder, does anyone get credit for a kill if a DRK dies from LD?

Would be funny if it was the DRK using it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

for sure someone does, i just don't know who exactly

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I wonder, does anyone get credit for a kill if a DRK dies from LD?

Would be funny if it was the DRK using it.
    Should work the same way fall damage deaths worked in Carteneau Flats; last-hit or last DoT tick.

Specifically I feel pretty confident in saying the check is... (Dead) -> (Check owner of last source of damage received) -> (Award kill credit)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Be a little wary of DRKs with Living Dead up, Purify will actually cleanse it and let you live, so if they run away with enough HP to survive whatever DoTs they have on them they can actually just cleanse the LD and live.
    ...What the fuck. This is a thing?

I guess it doesn't matter on a fight level since you still need someone to heal you / not be chased down. Still, neat.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Be a little wary of DRKs with Living Dead up, Purify will actually cleanse it and let you live, so if they run away with enough HP to survive whatever DoTs they have on them they can actually just cleanse the LD and live.

Any DoTs would be removed by the Purify.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    Please, let SMNs get nerfed.
    As fun as it is to effectually one-shot people, it's hardly a game changing element of play. And we certainly pay for it. I'm a moving target by virtue of the Summoner tag alone. Tack a Battle High/Fever next to my name and, well, I'm probably not living much longer.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    As fun as it is to effectually one-shot people, it's hardly a game changing element of play. And we certainly pay for it. I'm a moving target by virtue of the Summoner tag alone. Tack a Battle High/Fever next to my name and, well, I'm probably not living much longer.
    if you get nerfed all your problems will be solved.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol someone salty

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Any DoTs would be removed by the Purify.
    Shiiiit I'm retarded.

I recently discovered you can use purify on other people too. <_< managed to break a healer out of a wars holmgang with it lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    I recently discovered you can use purify on other people too. <_< managed to break a healer out of a wars holmgang with it lol.
    I discovered this back in Secure on SCH because I would be getting gangbanged, hit Purify (while targeting a friendly), and wonder why I was still stunned and had 50 debuffs on me. Thought it was just flat-out bugged ._.

macro

/ac "purify" <me>
    /ac "purify" <me>
    /ac "purify" <me>
    /ac "purify" <me>
    .............(and so on to emulate queuing)

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

With the purifying holmgang mention above by Psion, I figured I'd mention that DRGs can Evasive Jump out of Holmgang as well as it counts as a bind status. I personally love doing it as it confuses the hell out of the WARs.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I just recently tried Seal Rock on bard and decided to use Army's Paeon before all skirmishes. I should have a screenshot somewhere of my begging stunned by the War PbAoE move with 5 seconds left on Paeon.

Does anyone know for its just stuns that go through or are there other status that Paeon won't block in pvp?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Presuming you mean Warden's Paean (status protection) and not Army's Paeon (+TP), I thought it was supposed to absorb one Esuna-removable debuff.

And Stun can't be Esuna-d.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah I meant Wanderer's sorry. Sucks because stun is obviously what you'd want to negate but oh well.