Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yeah it's completely doable on easy with trusts.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Can do it on Normal pretty easily too.

For DNC/NIN:
    2x WHM trust, Koru-moru, Bard Trust, Qultada

Omega:
    Engage, hit it once, animated flourish, pull it to the other side of the battlefield so it can't AoE your mages. Put Fan Dance on after 50% to make Pile Pitch a little less complicated. Try to time it so you can do a big skillchain shortly after 50% to kill it because he seems to go all turbo swingy down at the low end and spams Pile Pitch.

Ultima:
    Engage, hit it once, animated flourish, pull it to the other side of the battlefield. Melee it to death and keep up shadows. Can Saber the whole time, but be aware that Trusts don't seem to use Erase to remove Elegy (and Healing Waltz doesn't work on Elegy either). The only way you're getting rid of Chemical Bomb's elegy effect is if they happen to remove it first when trying to remove something else.

I'm not sure how TH works in this battlefield, but I try to put TH2 on both of them through gear either way. You can use approximately the same strategy as above to do these fights on NIN. No Fan Dance but you gain Utsusemi: San. Friend has beaten D as NIN+Trusts. You could possibly do it as MNK/NIN + Trusts with the same strategy, but I don't know how you'd move the monster on pull. I basically wouldn't recommend messing around with tank trusts outside of the campaign.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Difficult is soloable on SMN with Trusts (August+Gessho+KoH+Selh'teus+Apururu), thanks to Earthen Armor (otherwise Hyper Pulse and Breath attacks can one shot trusts without the campaign) and some useful BPs like Slowga, Tidal Roar, Soothing Current. I Astral Conduit Omega at 70~50% since things tend to go out of control with its increased speed and Pile Pitch. Ultima is pretty straightforward.
    Random fact : Much like Omega's speed, Ultima gets a noticeable increase in melee attack power as its hp goes down, starting hitting for 200~400 then for 900~1,100 damage when it is almost dead.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Can do it on Normal pretty easily too.

For DNC/NIN:
    2x WHM trust, Koru-moru, Bard Trust, Qultada

Omega:
    Engage, hit it once, animated flourish, pull it to the other side of the battlefield so it can't AoE your mages. Put Fan Dance on after 50% to make Pile Pitch a little less complicated. Try to time it so you can do a big skillchain shortly after 50% to kill it because he seems to go all turbo swingy down at the low end and spams Pile Pitch.

Ultima:
    Engage, hit it once, animated flourish, pull it to the other side of the battlefield. Melee it to death and keep up shadows. Can Saber the whole time, but be aware that Trusts don't seem to use Erase to remove Elegy (and Healing Waltz doesn't work on Elegy either). The only way you're getting rid of Chemical Bomb's elegy effect is if they happen to remove it first when trying to remove something else.

I'm not sure how TH works in this battlefield, but I try to put TH2 on both of them through gear either way. You can use approximately the same strategy as above to do these fights on NIN. No Fan Dance but you gain Utsusemi: San. Friend has beaten D as NIN+Trusts. You could possibly do it as MNK/NIN + Trusts with the same strategy, but I don't know how you'd move the monster on pull. I basically wouldn't recommend messing around with tank trusts outside of the campaign.
    hmm my dnc gear is pretty crap though. Hasn't been touched in like a year.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

So try it a few times on MNK. What's 15 JPs these days?

Not even 15 JPs, 15 merits. I have gems for just about everything as even a brief capacity points run these days = 20 or so merits for me and it's a nice way to sink them into something occasionally useful.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Suppose so. Lol just tried it on dancer and yea that didn't work.

919 ws, 648 crit, shadow interrupted, dead lol

Trusts were healing Qultada, kek

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bringing Amchuchu and/or Gessho might be worthwhile for Omega. Hyper Pulse is earth-based, so she'll give you some protection from that. Gessho will provoke and keep shadows up, helping him against Guided Missle. Also, it's good if you can attack him in the butt to avoid counter, and it'll make him more likely to use Rear Laser (a conal petrify move, no damage) over other WS. Kinda tricky to get trusts to do that though.

Worst case scenario, just hit me up sometime when I'm free, I don't need any of their crap except the earring.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've also soloed N twice on blu/nin with trusts (during the event): august apruru prishe II (high HP+curaga V) and korumoru. and also duoed a few times with a thf (cause N w/o TH sucks ) barrier tusk/diamond hide/cocoon + taco for omega and then saline coat for ultima. August usually dies during ultima and I end up tanking (face it away from your trusts). Just keep shadows and buffs up and it's fun 13 min fight. also don't ws in rancorous mantle cause you will get caught with pile pitch and owned.

haven't tried with non-turbo charged trusts though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Solo'd it on Normal... a lot for all the drops. During trust campaign and without. Blu/Thf staying in Onca suit when hate is on me/turning when it is doing CB. Saving Sudden Lunge until CB time as well. Only time it ever becomes annoying is when it puts up the shock spikes

Campaign
    BG Level

Has it already been said that BLU turns this BC into even more of a cakewalk?
    Sudden Lunge works wonders on both of them, VD included.
    You can basically almost stunlock them (emphasis on "almost") making it seriously trivial.
    Friend of mine claims to have soloed it (with trusts) on VD with BLU.

Personally I went solo 6 or 7 times on normal with TH4 and got zero drops all of the times. Small numbers sample I know, just sharing. Think it's likely the same for every other BC though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Does Onca suit work on Shock Spikes? Should be able to stack it with Arete del Luna or Dominance earring for full stun immunity.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Soloed One To Be Feared on NIN/DNC last night, took me three tries but I got the win on third try. Ultima was a joke, Omega killed me both times with Pile Pitch/Shock Spikes and I wasn't fast enough to turn I did learn that Migawari absorbs Pile Pitch, but that's a one time only thing because of recast. I used Gessho to tank but I'm sure Amchuchu would have worked fine as well.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not sure if it works on Shock Spikes. It was still stunning the hell out of me with it on

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It must cap at a certain amount or something, I had arete del luna +1 and Onca suit on during fight with Vidamapire UNM and he still stuns me. It's a very reduced proc rate for sure but you can't be immune to it it seems.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    It must cap at a certain amount or something, I had arete del luna +1 and Onca suit on during fight with Vidamapire UNM and he still stuns me. It's a very reduced proc rate for sure but you can't be immune to it it seems.
    Good to know. I have been building up resist silence gear to try and make a full immunity set but now I know not to bother.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Stun might just be different... I mean it clearly is different as far as how it resists and such so might be for this too

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Anybody got a clue what "Colossal Blow" means on Denouements?
    Usually get around 12k+ from Colossal Blow as an additional effect. I apparently haven't posted 10 or more comments in the 7 years I've had this account so you'll have to check my "bucket" in my profile under 'about me' for an image.

I wish I knew a rate on it, though it can proc very often. When I CP and get a nice chain going it tends to happen nearly every other mob.