+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RDM Fast Cast question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    Question: Did you have the proper Weather on? The Enhance Alacrity/Celerity only procs if you have the matching weather up.
    I didn't use the feet for the first test on SCH main. The second one I did.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Oh, and in case anyone asks, yes I was using 92% FC, had 26% gear haste, and for magic haste I used Haste2 + 2x marches with ghorn. Basically, way overkill. If one could go over 80% recast reduction with just gear/traits/magic alone, that would have done it. But it didn't happen.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

One more thing, just like haste's cap is undone during weakness, so is fast cast. I casted reraise while weakened with 26% gear haste and 92% FC. Recast was 56s.

(60s base recast)(1-(-1 from weakness)-.26) = 104.4s => 104s; (104s)(1-.46 from FC recast) = 56.16s => 56s.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What? Haste's cap isn't undone during weakness. and that doesn't show that Fast Cast's cap is either.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The recast cap is 20% of the base recast. It doesn't matter how you get there and afaik there are no recast-specific caps.

Also, Fast Cast does not (iirc) cap its effects on spell recast at 80% Fast Cast (-40% recast) whether you're weakened or not.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Didnt ScHs have to use the magian staves also to get the stun down to 4 seconds?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Only because of gear/buff limitations, IIRC. Before the ilvl update, there was very little gear that had both haste and fast cast, and they could only cap magic haste when SV was up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    I believe I saw testing that SCH relic head and af feet, the Grimore Spellcast reduction counts as JA fast cast, and subject to a 25% cap.
    However -Grimoire Spellcast counts FULLY for recast reduction instead of half like fastcast.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    What? Haste's cap isn't undone during weakness. and that doesn't show that Fast Cast's cap is either.
    It does, when weakened it no longer caps at 43.75% for magic haste, etc. and FC recast doesn't cap at 40% either during weakness. What I showed above does indeed show that Fast Cast's cap is to undone while weakened. If the caps of 25% for gear haste and 40% for FC weren't undone then the recast would have been (60s) (1-(-1)-.25) = 105s; (105s) (1-.4) = 63s. But it was 56s. That's because the cap is undone. You are still limited to 20% of the base recast, but the caps for getting there are undone.

Edit: as for haste cap being undone during weakness this has been known at least since January: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/124568-magic-haste

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Also, Fast Cast does not (iirc) cap its effects on spell recast at 80% Fast Cast (-40% recast) whether you're weakened or not.
    It does, because with 92% FC I was not getting any better results than 80% FC (while unweak that is).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    It does, when weakened it no longer caps at 43.75% for magic haste, etc. and FC recast doesn't cap at 40% either during weakness. What I showed above does indeed show that Fast Cast's cap is to undone while weakened. If the caps of 25% for gear haste and 40% for FC weren't undone then the recast would have been (60s) (1-(-1)-.25) = 105s; (105s) (1-.4) = 63s. But it was 56s. That's because the cap is undone. You are still limited to 20% of the base recast, but the caps for getting there are undone.

Edit: as for haste cap being undone during weakness this has been known at least since January: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/124568-magic-haste
    That's because Weakness applies 100% magical slow, so you're not getting even close to the 43.75% magical slow cap. The same thing applies if you're hit by a powerful slow; you will still benefit from more 43.75% magical haste because the slow is being counted too.

Gear haste above the 25 cap does NOT further reduce recast even when weakened; I just checked. With 27% gear haste and 39% Fast Cast, I had 1:25 recast on Reraise while weakened; I put on Phasmida belt for a total of 32% gear haste (same amount of Fast Cast as before), and Reraise was still 1:25.

In addition, Fast Cast above 80% also does NOT reduce recast timers whether you're weakened or not. I checked that just now as well: 81% fast cast and 88% fast cast (with capped gear haste) gave exactly the same recast on Reraise (63 seconds) when I kept haste constant.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That's because Weakness applies 100% magical slow, so you're not getting even close to the 43.75% magical slow cap. The same thing applies if you're hit by a powerful slow; you will still benefit from more 43.75% magical haste because the slow is being counted too.

Gear haste above the 25 cap does NOT further reduce recast even when weakened; I just checked. With 27% gear haste and a fixed amount of Fast Cast, I had 1:25 recast on Reraise while weakened; I put on Phasmida belt for a total of 32% gear haste (same amount of Fast Cast as before), and Reraise was still 1:25. I used

In addition, Fast Cast above 80% also does NOT reduce recast timers whether you're weakened or not. I checked that just now as well: 81% fast cast and 88% fast cast gave exactly the same recast on Reraise (57 seconds) when I kept haste constant.
    Then explain how I got 56s recast on reraise without using magical haste.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Question. Hypothetically, with enough magic haste buffs, can you negate the effects of weakness?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    Then explain how I got 56s recast on reraise without using magical haste.
    User error. You either forgot a buff, or misread your number.

Also, I rechecked the notes I scribbled down real quick, and I had 1:03 for the capped fast cast recast test, not 0:57. I fixed that in my post.

I even did a further test where I added 6% more fast cast for a total of 94% while weakened, and it was still at 1:03.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ihina View Post
    Question. Hypothetically, with enough magic haste buffs, can you negate the effects of weakness?
    You can (as in have >0% net magic haste), but unless I'm missing some, you can't still cap magic haste. SV March x2 with +5 is 62.6%, Haste II is 30%, and Indi-Haste with Idris is 40%, so with all those and weakened, you only have 32.6% magical haste.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

User error. You either forgot a buff, or misread your number.

Also, I rechecked the notes I scribbled down real quick, and I had 1:03 for the capped fast cast recast test, not 0:57. I fixed that in my post.

I even did a further test where I added 6% more fast cast for a total of 94% while weakened, and it was still at 1:03.

Yea, I realized my mistake. I was /sch. Going /whm I got 63s. So FC recast is capped at 40% even while weakened.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You can (as in have >0% net magic haste), but unless I'm missing some, you can't still cap magic haste. SV March x2 with +5 is 62.6%, Haste II is 30%, and Indi-Haste with Idris is 40%, so with all those and weakened, you only have 32.6% magical haste.
    You could bolster that Indi-Haste.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's true, and I forgot about Embrava, too. So yeah, you could cap magic haste right past Weakness if you were so inclined.

Banned.

BG Level

Don't forget about Mighty Guard!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    Don't forget about Mighty Guard!
    Don't know much about mighty guard. Does it have it's own separate icon, or does it overwrite other forms of haste?