• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Liquid Cooling - Final Touches to my PC

Everything I know about computers, I learned through BG, FFXI and FFXIV friends. Went from knowing nothing as a high school jock, to putting my computer together with instructions from you. Thank you for all of that.

Here is what I have right now. I am happy with it.
    http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...6c986afa6e.jpg

Now, I want to add liquid cooling so it really looks like I am obsessed with lights in my dark room.

My tower is a Cooler Master HAF. I have no idea where to even start, and would it even be worth doing it with this tower? The fans on this tower sound like a jet engine at times and I hate turning off my computer at night.

Let me know what you think!

Old Merits
    BG Level

What HAF case specifically? iirc they aren't the best for watercooling due to mounts not being radiator friendly but that might just be the HAF X.

If it's just noise then could replace the fans/use fan controller, do you know what fans are causing the noise? Case/GPU/CPU?

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Are we talking the products from Corsair and such for liquid cooling or Swiftech and co?

I highly recommend against any of the Corsair liquid coolers since one of the systems I bought just had the H60 leak onto my GTX 970.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Liquid cooling isn't always necessarily quieter depending on what fans you use, how cool you want it, and if its interior or exterior.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If your system is loud even at idle, something else is wrong. Maybe you need a fan controller? If it just gets loud when gaming, it's likely the gpu. The only thing you can do on air is get better airflow and/or lower in-game settings. Remember that more fans is not always more sound. If you can add a fan or two and reduce the rpm's of all fans in the case you'll have a quieter case overall sometimes. Or just get rid of the stock fans and buy some good quality fans (generally $10-20 each). You can still get fancy led's with air anyways.

If you really want water cooling just make sure you cool the cpu and gpu, if it's just the cpu it's a waste of money for a gaming rig. As long as you don't use the worst possible parts it should be quieter then even high quality air systems, but even decent quality water cooling is going to be 3-4x as expensive as the best air systems. You can buy some gpu's with a water block already installed, but generally they're higher quality parts and much more expensive - otherwise you have to remove the old heatsink and put the block ($100ish) on yourself. Not for the faint of heart.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Jojimbo View Post
    What HAF case specifically? iirc they aren't the best for watercooling due to mounts not being radiator friendly but that might just be the HAF X.

If it's just noise then could replace the fans/use fan controller, do you know what fans are causing the noise? Case/GPU/CPU?
    HAF 922. The fan located on top of the case is making the noise.