Jesus fuck at that hit. Save the flying elbows for WWE, not the NHL
Jesus fuck at that hit. Save the flying elbows for WWE, not the NHL
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 47m47 minutes ago Pascal Dupuis has an undisclosed injury - NOT blood clot related - that will keep him out of PIT lineup at least a week and perhaps longer.
And holy fucking shit at the Torres suspension! Wow, well done DOPS.
Wow at that hit
Now, I'm glad he's getting 41 games.
Although, can someone tell me how he's not considered a "repeat offender", yet they can go back and use previous suspensions against him?
Seems like something the NHLPA could use to appeal.
Goddamn, I saw the notification of the suspension while I was in class, and I knew there would be a lot said about it when I got home. Deserved, most definitely. That hit was awful.
Torterella defending Torres on nhl live
Kassian forced into stage 2 rehab program by the NHL/NHLPA. Basically suspended indefinitely without pay until he gets a doctors approval
Also, fun fact, Torres suspension days only count down if the Sharks keep him on their 23 man roster and they're looking at options to drop him too. Theoretically his career could be done if no one wants to take him on with his suspension days still in tact.
Torterella repeatedly going "Thats a bad hit, but I dont know if its 41 bad"
"Thats an awful lot to give a player for a basic late hit"
"They mustve really really considered his history for escalating from 1, 2, 3 games to 41"
"I just dont know how you give a guy that many games for something you gave the last guy 2"
Torres begins his path at Jakub from this crossover 30-40 feet away on the ice (Torres is the guy in the upper left of the 5 sharks; in center ice). Coming out of this turn he goes straight at him. The first 2 angles don't do it justice cause he comes in frame at the last second and you don't see how far away the puck is.
Out of nowhere Torres is like BOOM HEADSHOT
![]()
NHL/NHLPA announce Zack Kassian placed on Stage 2 of Substance Abuse program. Suspended without pay until cleared by doctors.
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...63503454060544
Fairly vague right now. Curious if this is for behaviour that led to car crash or if pissed hot for drugs. If he's up at 6am it might be related to the news about too many players on cocaine for the leagues liking. But who really knows?
Does his cap hit come off the books while he's in the substance abuse program?
edit: got my answer on HF, his cap hit comes off the books while he's suspended under this program.
He broke his nose and foot according to the same twitter account.
Also interesting to note while reading that feed's Kassian info; Leon Draistl sent down to AHL to start season for Edmonton, even with Eberle hurt. With Nurse starting in the AHL too it makes me think this still isn't going to be a good year for Edmonton. I'm looking for Buffalo to do better than Edmonton in year 1 of their climb out of misery.
Anton Slepyshev will lead us to the promised land!
Promised Land may look like a draft party on Whyte Ave.
But who knows, he might be a sleeper. Former #1 overall pick in KHL draft, for what it's worth. (Oh hey, another #1 overall pick!) Was basically down to him or German Gretzky as the last cut. (Also, I'm not responsible for that nickname for Draisaitl, just passing it along. why people gave him that, no effing idea.)
Also random, Tim Hortons has hockey cards atm![]()
Last time i heard about Promised land, Aerith died
In the interest of getting slightly cheaper tickets, my dad and I decided to go to the home game on Wednesday, the 25th of November instead of that Saturday. Night before Thanksgiving but oh well. We won't be eating dinner until much later in the day anyway.
I'm so fucking excited to see my Pens at home, it's been such a long fucking time since I've seen them in Pittsburgh. Before I joined the military or had kids, so probably close to 15 years ago. I'm gonna die of excitement before then.
Offer's still out there, if any of the people in the Burgh wanna meet up.
Re: Minny winning the Central. I guess if you think Dubnyk is for real it's not a stretch. I like them to do well and if Chicago and St. Louis slip a bit it seems reasonable.
Man I still haven't made predictions.
Glad to see nobody picked us for the cup, I'd rather be underdog status.