• Navigation
Page 499 of 500 FirstFirst ... 449 489 497 498 499 500 LastLast
Results 9961 to 9980 of 9993
  1. #9961
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    This is the most savage thread on BG. I don't know what that says about BG these days.

    Also lol @BK

  2. #9962
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    We can't all waste people's time crying about some overrated goalie's MCL when their team has long been eliminated
    I thought fleury had concussion problems, not knee problems.

  3. #9963
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    We can't all waste people's time crying about some overrated goalie's MCL when their team has long been eliminated
    Did you really just call Price overrated?

  4. #9964
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Deader2818 View Post
    Did you really just call Price overrated?
    Its Sep
    His troll game is so bad hes been reduced to RMTing for lulz.

  5. #9965
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,008
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Deader2818 View Post
    Did you really just call Price overrated?
    Hes good but not great but cause hes in Montreal and everyone automatically wants to call people there the next Dryden/Roy he gets further inflated from great to 'one of the greatest of all time.'

    Hes just simply good. Hes in the top half, the top 15, among starting goalies, but the Habs play one of the most defensive systems in the league and collapsing the house around him would make any goaltender look better than they really are.

  6. #9966
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    454
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Late to the party but predictions:

    Dallas in 4
    Nashville in 7
    LA in 6
    Chicago in 5

    Philadelphia in 7
    NYI in 6
    Pittsburg in 5
    Tampa in 7

  7. #9967
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Rangers win the Cup. Same prediction as every year.

  8. #9968
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,954
    BG Level
    10

    Wow, we actually signed Kadri to a 6 year extension.

    Morgan Rielly too but that's not shocking whatsoever.

  9. #9969
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,954
    BG Level
    10

    Rielly at 5M/year and Kadri at 4.5M/year. A steal on both counts.

  10. #9970
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,008
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Kadri isn't a steal at that rate

    I'd say the Reilly deal is great though

  11. #9971
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,954
    BG Level
    10

    I dunno, even second line centers are making 5-5.5M/year now, and Kadri is at least that. I thought/expected to be paying him around 5M if we kept him. It's not highway robbery but I think it's definitely less than it could have been.

    Rielly's deal is amazing though.

  12. #9972
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,954
    BG Level
    10

    Vanek and Parise both out indefinitely, lol.

    Vanek was getting scratched anyway but Parise is a blow to the Wild.

  13. #9973
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,638
    BG Level
    8

    BK/Sep/Aksy/Grey - I expect penta-OT tonight. Make it happen.

  14. #9974
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,008
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I dunno, even second line centers are making 5-5.5M/year now, and Kadri is at least that. I thought/expected to be paying him around 5M if we kept him. It's not highway robbery but I think it's definitely less than it could have been.

    Rielly's deal is amazing though.
    I'm still not convinced kadri can produce on a deep developed team, I think of his success on an empty Toronto team as similar to palmieri in NJ or Tyler Kennedy the year Crosby and geno were both out longterm. Did they get their production cause they consistently generated sustainable offense or did they get their production cause SOMEONE had to take O zone draws and PP time and the team simply had no better options?

  15. #9975
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,954
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    I'm still not convinced kadri can produce on a deep developed team, I think of his success on an empty Toronto team as similar to palmieri in NJ or Tyler Kennedy the year Crosby and geno were both out longterm. Did they get their production cause they consistently generated sustainable offense or did they get their production cause SOMEONE had to take O zone draws and PP time and the team simply had no better options?
    A bit of both I think. On this year's roster *somebody* had to be on the ice, certainly, but he's also definitely better than his raw point totals indicate.

    Some 5-on-5 player comparisons, courtesy of Stephen Burtch:

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CemY_nOWIAAuf2T.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CemZAyEXIAE0vo3.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CemZDC7XIAEN2vU.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CemZB0hW4AA5ghZ.jpg

  16. #9976
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    NHL 15-16 Regular Season Thread: F I R E _ T H E R R I E N

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Hes good but not great but cause hes in Montreal and everyone automatically wants to call people there the next Dryden/Roy he gets further inflated from great to 'one of the greatest of all time.'

    Hes just simply good. Hes in the top half, the top 15, among starting goalies, but the Habs play one of the most defensive systems in the league and collapsing the house around him would make any goaltender look better than they really are.
    Ah yes
    That inpenetrable defensive system that bleeds out shots from inside the home plate area and around the crease...

    That inpenetrable defensive system that made Tokarski, Condon and Scrivens post amazing .900 sv%

  17. #9977
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,071
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    BK/Sep/Aksy/Grey - I expect penta-OT tonight. Make it happen.
    Fuck that, I have to work in the morning lol.

    I am repping my team in a Pens t-shirt today. Almost went with a jersey but I can't get away with going that casual in the middle of the week. Maybe Friday though.

  18. #9978
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,134
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    TJ Oshie left practice for evaluation after being hit by a puck at practice

  19. #9979
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,918
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Ouch my bracket D:

  20. #9980
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,134
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Parise out at least first 2 games. likely more

Page 499 of 500 FirstFirst ... 449 489 497 498 499 500 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 640
    Last Post: 2015-10-05, 12:15
  2. Replies: 14351
    Last Post: 2015-04-13, 20:52
  3. Replies: 432
    Last Post: 2015-03-26, 07:11
  4. Replies: 17287
    Last Post: 2014-04-15, 12:05
  5. Replies: 3792
    Last Post: 2013-09-29, 20:04
  6. Replies: 16499
    Last Post: 2013-04-29, 06:20
  7. 2011-2012 NHL Season Thread: FUCK COREY PERRY
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 19036
    Last Post: 2012-04-10, 08:38
  8. 2010-2011 NHL Season Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 12372
    Last Post: 2011-04-11, 22:16