1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 2 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 7 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

actually getting gilseller tells so excal prob dying

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Unfortunately, many of the players who still play on my server don't want to admit to this, but ever since 2.1 the endgame community has been dying slowly. At least that is the case on Balmung.
    Pretty much this, and mainly because endgame is barely functional as is even back during 2.x. Now that 3.x is repeating the process and with a more strict difficulty curve this is going to be more obvious.

Hyperion's population is average, but you would really only know that during primetimes. There's enough players to let you know people still play this game, but if you get up during the morning you'd have the opposite impression because the server is fucking dead. No statics, no FATEs, no FC recruitment, no omincrafters, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    no omincrafters, nothing.
    tsk, Im always on in the mornings, and Im an omnicrafter! I just dont advertise it tho xD You sold me some favor mats awhile back =)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

My server is the same as it has always been - Backwater, low pop, and in general we do most of our recruitment through trying to find local talent we can train up, with the occasional server transfer. We never have PFs for A1/A2/A3 or anything like that, mostly just statics recruiting for those turns. A lot of the groups who used to be somewhat decent got destroyed when they got to A3S and many of them lost people and it slowed their progression down a lot.

We're still the only ones who have cleared A4S and probably will be for another few weeks still, so I think that says it all.

I think if you took every instance of a server name in this thread talking about the decline of it's end-game population and replaced the name of the server with just "FFXIV" we could save a lot of time.

The entirety of end-game is 4 fights (at this point in the patch cycle it's only 2, really), and that number is not going to increase any time soon.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I think health can differ between servers but unless you're somehow very active in the server community (which is pretty difficult because there is almost no content that pushes us to play with the other people on the server) it can be really difficult to judge the overall health and activity level of the server. I do try to keep a little in the loop with how the server is doing on both the casual and endgame side just because I still find that aspect of MMOs fun, myself. And I was definitely curious if the level of activity was different on other servers, but the general consensus does seem to be leaning towards "everywhere is empty".

But if the game is as populated with casuals who won't even set foot in savage as we seem to purport here, then it still should be pretty active with people leveling jobs, doing sidequests and grinding tomestones/scrips, regardless of what endgame consists of. But we can clearly see that that is not the case so either there's more hard/midcore players than we and SE seem to think, or even the casuals are bored and don't have enough content to last to next patch.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Leviathan seems to have been feeling the decline pretty badly. My FC has always been largely casual, but we could have 30-40 people on at times a few months ago. Now it's log in to check airships/cactpot > see I'm the only one on > log out.

I expect the patch will see a large chunk of people coming back to check it out, but my biggest worry is that 3.1 will just be more of the same shit we've already seen and done for a past few years, causing even more people to quit once they realize that's all we get for the next few months.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Leviathan seems to have been feeling the decline pretty badly. My FC has always been largely casual, but we could have 30-40 people on at times a few months ago. Now it's log in to check airships/cactpot > see I'm the only one on > log out.

I expect the patch will see a large chunk of people coming back to check it out, but my biggest worry is that 3.1 will just be more of the same shit we've already seen and done for a past few years, causing even more people to quit once they realize that's all we get for the next few months.
    its gonna be more of the same w/hunts 3.1 since there is no claim system and all these "NM/HNM's" are gonna be are hunts renamed

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Behemoth seems dead. There are a few A3S clear groups, tons still stuck on A2S. I don't know of an A4S kill yet.

Party finder is horrible with nothing relevant that I've seen.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

If 3.1 brings something in the style of hunts/the drama that resulted from it I'll be so fucking happy. That shit was so cancerous and entertaining at the same time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Definitely hankering for some cancerous entertainment.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It's the best entertainment this game can offer at the moment.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

i miss hunts..

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I think everyone is bored except for anyone who took a break our just joined. I'm a mid core player leading a mixed mid/casual group and most of the group is a little bored right now. The update should be now but I'm guessing the data centre move is part of why the update has been pushed back. Getting new content and then being unable to play it for 3-5 days would piss off a, lot of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    The update should be now but I'm guessing the data centre move is part of why the update has been pushed back.

Nope, apparently the devs took a two month vacay.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

wish i knew

wish i cared

i think i'm still in disbelief that the devs let the game deteriorate to this point and for this long.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    wish i knew

wish i cared

i think i'm still in disbelief that the devs let the game deteriorate to this point and for this long.
    When your core audience plays <5 hours a week, and considers farming Esoterics to be serious "endgame," your bar is pretty fucking low for success. Add in the masses of sycophants from the OF and here we are.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

It's unfortunate, but that's square enix's target demographic now.

I mean hell, you need to look no further than Eliot's articles over at massively overpowered and how much praise they get. I think servers are just going to continue to shed 'hardcore' FCs until there are only a handful left, and then SE can justify pulling a LotR and totally ignore their hardcore playerbase.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by nyttyn View Post
    It's unfortunate, but that's square enix's target demographic now.

I mean hell, you need to look no further than Eliot's articles over at massively overpowered and how much praise they get. I think servers are just going to continue to shed 'hardcore' FCs until there are only a handful left, and then SE can justify pulling a LotR and totally ignore their hardcore playerbase.
    I wouldn't give a fuck if we never got a "difficult" shred of content again, if it actually meant having lots of relevant shit to do. Unfortunately, that won't happen. The overwhelming majority might be casual babby trash who think Alexander Normal is hard, but that isn't why it won't happen.

It won't happen because those shits are content with these miniscule content installments every 3+ months (also because levelling is content, minions are content, and the Golden Saucer is also content).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I said it before I'll say it again..just take the interns working on XI's content after november and have them work on content :l I'd take Skirmish and its variants any day, it'd actually be shit to do that lasts awhile because you can even "gate" the content by forcing us into other content (like currently) and thus it stays alive because it depends on the items gathered for the npc for entry!

But yeah, people seem content as long as they can log in and do something for an hour and log out. The fact the most hardcore whiteknights of this game said fuck it or starting to be less "yoshi can do no wrong" aside the few tsunderes left speaks volumes though.