1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 7 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 2 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    STARCADE 2.0
    IGNORE MY BULLSHIT

BG Level

I regularly call people bad on /r/Wildstar - unfortunately there's no Eanae's there to put me in my place or price fix RMT so people have to deal with a differing opinion.

Cool, at least they admit it's dumb. Let's hope what they come up with pass the common sense test.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is why I stopped listening to LBR.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

the only thing that really bothers me about what you're saying (not that i've read it all- i waste enough time reading novels in the poopdeck), KMFDM, is the art stuff. I like seeing that stuff, even if it's not always very good. I'll concede that it might be better in its own associated subreddit, but it definitely shouldn't be removed out of hand. Some people are actually really talented and I like to see their work.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They could always dedicate said content to certain days of the weeks. I.E. self screenshots/artwork (Even commissioned) limited to the weekend.

Though for the most part. Reddit will post what reddit posts. Even if its 'Hey, look at me I'm frozen in this animation' spam from 2.3 Syrcus Tower.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Its Reddit. If people didn't like the art stuff, it wouldn't be upvoted. If someone personally doesn't like it, its amazingly fucking simple to just keep scrolling past it.

And lol at w/e the fuck that rant was lol. I'm owning your ass by typing mean things about you! He sounds like a fucking 12 year old on xbox live.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

this guy is trying way too fucking hard

if you remove his creative writing early 2000s PHP forum flame war nonsense he has some good points but this reminds me of fuckin chris kluwe

if you want people to listen to what you have to say it is sometimes important to not spend most of the space you use coming up with irrelevant insults. it's not proving a point, it's not particularly funny, it's just faux-edgy and tired.

i generally agree about the subreddit though, it became impossible to have good discussion there when content creators got shown the door and it seems like if you criticize yoshi or want to discuss more hardcore things it just fizzes out due to massive downvoting

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    this guy is trying way too fucking hard

if you remove his creative writing early 2000s PHP forum flame war nonsense he has some good points but this reminds me of fuckin chris kluwe

if you want people to listen to what you have to say it is sometimes important to not spend most of the space you use coming up with irrelevant insults. it's not proving a point, it's not particularly funny, it's just faux-edgy and tired.

i generally agree about the subreddit though, it became impossible to have good discussion there when content creators got shown the door and it seems like if you criticize yoshi or want to discuss more hardcore things it just fizzes out due to massive downvoting
    Again I want to reiterate that if you see Mr Happy or Xeno content you like you can feel free to post it yourself. I don't get where people are getting the idea that stopping blog spam means their content is fully blocked. The idea is if they want their content on Reddit they should put in the effort to make content which is quality enough to get shared. Everyone seems to want to see their content there but no one posts it? Seems odd to me. Like perhaps their content isn't quality enough for people to like.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

LMAO he's totally fucking chris kluwe.

just trying way too hard and just making it all weird at this point.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Again I want to reiterate that if you see Mr Happy or Xeno content you like you can feel free to post it yourself. I don't get where people are getting the idea that stopping blog spam means their content is fully blocked. The idea is if they want their content on Reddit they should put in the effort to make content which is quality enough to get shared. Everyone seems to want to see their content there but no one posts it? Seems odd to me. Like perhaps their content isn't quality enough for people to like.
    Eh, it's kind of a silly argument to make though. Like, if they're not allowed to post it themselves, we might as well just have that discussion on thier own mediums (YT, blogs, etc.) because it's not doing anyone much good to do their bidding and post it over there.

I think the main issue with the sub isn't really moderation but the community in general just isn't the same vibe as most of us XI veterans are used to and that creates some annoyance and tension. Not really your fault there. I think the sub could do with less deleting shit in general though. If someone calls someone a hambeasst and you don't like it then downvote it and so will everyone else and no one sees it anyway. That's how other subs tend to work.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm not really sure why art should be limited to another subforum or contained to an art thread when r/ffxiv just isn't seeing the traffic to justify that.

Face the music, the game isn't exactly churning out so much that the subreddit is being inundated with new information. You get your post update rush, people talk about the new bits then things go slow until the next update. The mystery that pushed such threads as crafting/direction, what does this food do???, JA testing an all that XI-era shit just isn't there.

So why over moderate? Why turn a casual bastion into some '06 BG gestapo labor camp? As much as I get the annoyance of the church of Yoshida, the game is casual by definition and its fan forums are going to reflect that.

Sorry folks, the XI hardcore thing isn't ever going to root itself in XIV. Some of the moderation can be suspect at times but really, stop trying to make a BG '06 happen. It isn't going to happen.

Bonus points for the e-thuggery in the last few pages though. It did bring quite a beaming nostalgic smile to my face.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

The Official Forum fail thread: This game wasn't meant for alts.

Eh, it's kind of a silly argument to make though. Like, if they're not allowed to post it themselves, we might as well just have that discussion on thier own mediums (YT, blogs, etc.) because it's not doing anyone much good to do their bidding and post it over there.

I think the main issue with the sub isn't really moderation but the community in general just isn't the same vibe as most of us XI veterans are used to and that creates some annoyance and tension. Not really your fault there. I think the sub could do with less deleting shit in general though. If someone calls someone a hambeasst and you don't like it then downvote it and so will everyone else and no one sees it anyway. That's how other subs tend to work.
    Well like Falisa linked above the admins are looking into changing the policy so perhaps we'll have a change in the future. If the policy is made much more lenient we'll obviously follow suit considering we only moderate self promotion because we have no choice.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Things fizzling out isn't really the mods fault either. When you got someone saying they kick people from their FC for saying toon get upvoted while someone not being "fucking hyped!" about 3.1 gets downvoted, it just shows the type of people that place has or rather the people that give a shit about hitting some silly arrows.

I do wonder how it feels to be so damn angry though, holy shit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Some of the moderation can be suspect at times but really, stop trying to make a BG '06 happen. It isn't going to happen.
    BG '05 holds a special place in history, delicious WoW mutiny.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by KMFDM_Kid2000 View Post
    Let's apply some of this fallacious logic to something else, say Olympic swimming. Should Michael Phelps be the only one to ever add their commentary to the subject?
    No one is saying that only Lucrezia may offer an opinion. But if your thread about Olympic swimming has a target audience of Olympic swimmers, then it helps if the person moderating it has some actual experience in, you know, winning at the Olympics.

Because as I've said before, YOU HAVE NO. FUCKING. SPINE. You fucking neutered coward.
    ...said the person who is complaining about being banned by said moderators. Objectively, it would seem that the reddit mods had enough of a spine to ban you.

Oh is this why every FFXIV podcast out there, while they acknowledge we are in a lull, STILL PRODUCE RELEVANT CONTENT REGULARLY?
    If the rest of your content is as "relevant" as your posts to this thread, then "lull" is an understatement.

1000x this

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    They could always dedicate said content to certain days of the weeks. I.E. self screenshots/artwork (Even commissioned) limited to the weekend.
    That's a good idea for a decent compromise. I wouldn't restrict it on other days, but if you get people at least somewhat excited about doing it on a certain day, they'll generally self-adjust to posting it on that day. Like red-headed monday on imgur.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

KMFDM reminds me of the wild west days of FFXIAH.com before the culling.

Ah, all the 'free speech' which amounts to producing nothing of substance on forums but does exist for the sole purpose of flaming, harassing, being a general asshole and masturbating at one's own insulting skills.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    And lol at w/e the fuck that rant was lol. I'm owning your ass by typing mean things about you! He sounds like a fucking 12 year old on xbox live.
    He even took to Twitter to pat himself on the back for "owning" me.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    He even took to Twitter to pat himself on the back for "owning" me.
    Yo dog. U got owned.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Time to go fuck up his titan HM runs