1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

What did they say exactly? I remember them saying it just increases the AA potency but can't remember anything else.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    My problem is their occasional misinformation in regards to endgame raiding or even just how jobs play. Like saying Sword Oath does basically nothing. They don't have to be hardcore raiders to just get basic info right (or not get defensive when people try to correct them). It feeds into the misinformation circle jerk on every forum related to the game.

I mean if they're trying to represent and appeal to casual players, it works. It just kind of runs contrary to their "gitgud" campaign when they only go halfway themselves. My 2 cents.
    I get what you're saying, but anybody who relies on what they heard in a podcast for information is probably not on the cutting edge of content or anywhere close to it.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Echoing most of what Uryuu's already said, I've never really understood why anyone cares that LBR isn't accurate when it comes to a decent portion of the game. The podcast is clearly made for entertainment purposes and provoking reactions in different portions of the community so that they gain more viewers / listeners. Taking them seriously is laughable.

Personally, I've listened to them for banter in the background while I'm working since my coeworkers are silent most of the day. I started listening after I found out they were on my server from one of my FC members, who said they were talking shit about my FC pulling hunts early on their podcast. I've never personally played or spoken with any of them on my server, though recently my wife was doing a community event and interacted with Nika. She saw one of my static members wearing an A4S weapon and body stating she had no idea that anyone on our server cleared A4S. This was 4 weeks after another group had cleared A4S. I find it amusing that their "endgame corespondent" who had been claiming they were a "hardcore player" wouldn't be paying attention to her own servers progression.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Ehhhhhhhh.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I've never really been a fan of podcasts until recently (If you count the odd Soccer cast and listening to Halo's Hunt the Truth).

I don't really see what the mods can do regarding some of the members there that scream "elitist" at any opportunity. I've been downvoted for saying facts about BLM and on class comparison. I personally dislike the image spam that goes on, as well as the gigantic number of threads there that should be in one of the stickies. Sure, they could dedicate days to image posts and what not, but that isn't going to change the attitude that a lot of people have on that subreddit - i.e. complain about the state of the game, downvote. Complain about lack of end game content? Downvote. Complain about a mid-core raid version? Downvote. Etc etc. And this behavior isn't just exclusive to Reddit - its ingame, on the OF forums and other fansites - which is why I prefer to stay here. There's also little point putting a "state of the subreddit" post up because these complaints get downvoted to the bottom early on in the thread. I'll probably keep posting out of the naive idea that one person may actually learn something or there may be a decent discussion, which does happen (albeit rarely).

I wouldn't have gone on the rant that LB radio did, and its put me off the show (along with the comments regarding mis-information about end game raiding/jobs). But then again, they probably got a load of clicks on the video so will continue doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    You might think so, but I have to disagree with you here. The ante was definitely upped this tier. As someone who cleared Savage Second Coil in i110 and has A4S on farm, I have to say this tier is closer to Savage Second Coil in i110 which was harder than either BCOB, SCOB, or FCOB. This tier was more of a teamwork test than any tier we had before, all while still maintaining high DPS requirements because they tried to gear gate content to make it last longer.

It's not that hard, but it is harder than anything we've had before.
    That doesn't really change much from a personal level. People learn at different rates, so if you're the kind of person who can figure out mechanics and memorize patterns quickly, the only difficult thing is waiting for 7 other people to catch up. If you're having trouble though, there isn't much to do but bang your head against the wall until something clicks.

I always liked and hated that aspect of raiding. It doesn't help that wiping incurs a 1+ minute penalty waiting for cooldowns so it adds up eventually.

I do like their podcast most of the time, except I can't stand the rage (which I can just skip over). Their jokes are mostly pretty funny imo and when they're not shouting over each other they're pretty enjoyable imo. However with the state of the game I feel like their content also suffered as a result.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    That doesn't really change much from a personal level. People learn at different rates, so if you're the kind of person who can figure out mechanics and memorize patterns quickly, the only difficult thing is waiting for 7 other people to catch up. If you're having trouble though, there isn't much to do but bang your head against the wall until something clicks.

I always liked and hated that aspect of raiding. It doesn't help that wiping incurs a 1+ minute penalty waiting for cooldowns so it adds up eventually.
    This is true, I just think the patterns are harder to memorize this tier while still doing DPS.

And don't get me started on cooldown resets. I asked two questions that they addressed at fanfest: 1) When do we get a token loot system? 2) When we do we coodown resets on every wipe in an instance? We know they can do it, but I think they're afraid if they do do it players will find some way of abusing it. I also think they understand that sitting around waiting for Perfect Balance etc to come up artificially wastes time and makes it take longer for people to clear content so they leave it just for that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Can we just have a moment of rememberance for Aniero.

The guy came on GW, posted some awesome dank memes about how he REKT GW, and then went to off-tank CT in Defiance on their show's stream.

RIP

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

How like how tall he acted when he thought the entire community would go off on me, but he's conveniently missing when the criticism heads his way. It's almost like he can dish it but can't take it. Imagine that.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    How like how tall he acted when he thought the entire community would go off on me, but he's conveniently missing when the criticism heads his way. It's almost like he can dish it but can't take it. Imagine that.
    He's enjoying the free traffic most likely.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    He's enjoying the free traffic most likely.
    His stream had 60 viewers yesterday. No one cares except the little splash he made in the pond.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

His stream had 60 viewers yesterday. No one cares except the little splash he made in the pond.
    So he's the most popular FFXIV streamer?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    So he's the most popular FFXIV streamer?
    #1 was 8,000 views yesterday but it was Trump so that doesn't count (I think SE is paying him to play on stream). #2 was Xenosys and #3 was MTQCapture.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm a fan of podcasts myself. I don't like to discourage content creators, because I'm sure its really hard to do. But I can't get into LBR... its way too long and too 'screamy' for me.

I wonder if they limited it to 1 hour if people might think different of it. I realize that just because its 3 hours doesn't mean I have to listen to the entire thing, but its still a huge file on my phone and overall I think a more concise/edited package might not solve the problem of misinformation for sake of being able to talk for 3 hours.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To be fair, I'd watch Xenosys stream. When you see him just run around in Moogle Mog Ex. Pull 1.4k DPS as a WAR. And murder the living shit out of moogles.

It was hard to not stare and watch in amazement.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

#1 was 8,000 views yesterday but it was Trump so that doesn't count (I think SE is paying him to play on stream). #2 was Xenosys and #3 was MTQCapture.
    Major sarcasm detector fail.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Major sarcasm detector fail.
    Nope, I got it loud and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    You might think so, but I have to disagree with you here. The ante was definitely upped this tier. As someone who cleared Savage Second Coil in i110 and has A4S on farm, I have to say this tier is closer to Savage Second Coil in i110 which was harder than either BCOB, SCOB, or FCOB. This tier was more of a teamwork test than any tier we had before, all while still maintaining high DPS requirements because they tried to gear gate content to make it last longer.

It's not that hard, but it is harder than anything we've had before.
    Anyone who has successfully raided progression in any other game hasn't seen anything in FFXIV that makes them go "wow".

The summation of my experience in XIV raiding has been being bored while waiting for the other half of the group I was in to get their shit together - and I wasn't in a bad group.

Outside of the gear-check mechanics, XIV relies a lot on memorization and not so much on raw skill or reaction. I can't think of a raid in Wildstar that takes quite as much straight boss rotation memorization to succeed at as say, T9 did.

If you're a normal human whose pattern recognition skills have evolved to make them the apex predator on the planet Earth then the memorization and recognition of said pattern isn't that difficult. All you're left with then is paying attention for a few hours and not letting yourself get worse with time/unsuccessful attempts (aka, be a bad raider).

If you can do that you can succeed at any raid that doesn't have a lot of active reaction.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

You make it sound so simple, yet so many are stuck on A3S. More than were ever stuck on a raid before I'd wager.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast