Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What endgame content has cutscenes attached?

I'm approaching the end of the FFXI The Movie project, which so far includes every cutscene prior to Adoulin. I know there are some cutscenes for battle content, but I don't know which ones I'll need to start.

To verify the existence of cutscenes, simply go to the zone's Goblin Footprint and trade an item or gil to it (or the zone's Melody Minstrel). It is usually very near the entrance of the zone.

Records of Eminence: Complete enough objectives, then quest chain in Lower Jeuno
    Unity Concord: Sign up with NPC in one town to complete for all towns
    Delve: None
    Skirmish: None
    Alluvion Skirmish: Defeat Lorissa in Allu Yorcia, then talk to Oston
    Incursion: ???
    Vagary: ??? (Confirmed intro cutscenes in Leafallia, unsure about completion)
    Sinister Reign: Clear Sinister Reign once
    Geas Fete: ??? (Beat Ru'Aun dragon once, doesn't seem to be any)
    Domain Invasion: ???

Am I missing any others?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Vagary has cutscenes for every time you trade key items from clear for pop key items (so first three > perfidien, perfidien > plouton), as well as cutscenes to turn in Plouton's original key item for bayld, and all five wards for a free item. I believe doing them for the first time for each of these gives you a longer cutscene than repeats.

Incursion has a cutscene for upgrading your instance by a level, IIRC, but it's only a couple seconds long.

Geas Fete and Domain Invasion lack cutscenes.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Someone who's done Incursion checked the goblin footprint in Marjami Ravine and reported nothing, so if it's just a brief camera pan then it won't count.

Thanks for verifying Geas Fete and Domain Invasion too. It's sounding like I'll need to complete all of Vagary though, which sounds like a pain for a gimp 3song BRD.

Campaign
    BG Level

If you ask nicely (and send me nudes) I can see if we can manage to bring you to Vagary. It's quite easy.
    We don't do it often anymore as LS official event because quite frankly I can't stand Vagary anymore, and the special vagary campaign this month really burned me out (we're close to 400 completed Vagary runs and still no drop from Plouton...)
    But I wouldn't mind doing a quick full run for you with some friends.
    Problem is probably the different playtime.

I can't promise anything but I can do my best to set up something for you Korv.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's very kind of you to offer, thank you. I don't think I'll need to do Incursion since there seem to be no cutscenes attached to it, but I will need to do Vagary. I read somewhere that Vagary seems to care more for DDs than support roles; I also have a decently-geared 100 JP BST, though it's heavy on atk and less so on acc. I usually play afternoons on EST.