Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Request: Recordings of Idris/Epeolatry quests

Apologies for making two posts in short succession. This is a x-post from reddit and FFXIAH.

I am the director of the FFXI The Movie video project, and as of this posting I've uploaded every cutscene in the game up to WotG, recorded/edited the Add-Ons and Abyssea and Voidwatch, and recorded 90% of the SoA missions. However, having completed every quest in the game except for Saved by the Bell and Quiescence, I'd rather not spend the time farming the 26,198 HP Bayld and 5m Plasm for two weapons I do not plan on using.

If you have either of these weapons already, I would be eternally grateful if you helped the project by recording the relevant quests for me. Your achievement will be preserved on the internet forever.

I've included a few resources below for further details of what I am looking for:

Example of cutscene footage:
    Spoiler: show
    Note the text advancement speed. It should advance roughly at the same rate as you can read quickly.

Video capture settings:
    • Mirillis Action! preferred, though you may use any HD capture software.
    • 60 fps
    • 16:9 aspect ratio
    • No cursor
    • No taskbar
    Don't worry if it looks messy, I do all of the post-production.

Windower settings:
    • 16:9 resolution (e.g. 1280x720, 1600x900)
    • Borderless window or fullscreen
    • Super Sampling, Bump Maping, Mip Mapping OFF
    • UI Scale 2.0x
    • No plugins/addons active, especially ones that add GUI elements such as Timestamp, FFXIDB, TParty, Timers, Statustimer...
    • Make volume settings for Windower equal Speaker volume

In-game settings:
    Basic
    • Type /names to disable nametags
    • Remove linkpearls
    • Tell your friends to shut up, or set /away

Gameplay menu
    • Set Sound and Music volume to max

Chat filters menu
    • Filter: Say, Emotes, Shout, Yell, Special Actions on/by others, Lot results, Campaign-related Data, Check/Bazaar notices

Window settings
    • Multi-window OFF
    • Timestamp OFF
    • Window Type 1
    • Window Effect ON
    • Reactive Window Sizing ON
    • Maximum Lines Displayed 6
    • Minimum Lines Displayed 0
    • Window Width MAX
    • Resize Time MIN

Misc. menu
    • Shadows HIGH
    • Weather Effects ON
    • Clipping Plane MAX
    • Footstep Effects ON
    • Animation Frame Rate MAX
    • Background Aspect Ratio 16:9
    Please equip/lockstyle the Artifact armor set for GEO or RUN while recording, and some GS or Club other than Epeolatry/Idris. I personally suggest Aettir or Beorc/Coalition Sword, Coalition Rod or Nehushtan.

Melody Minstrels and Goblin Footprints for Quiescence:
    • Western Adoulin (D-9) Gehlvik
    • Eastern Adoulin (G-6) Maudilyone
    • Rala Waterways (F-11) Adrienaure
    • Foret de Hennetiel (I-6) Goblin Footprint
    • Marjami Ravine (M-5) Goblin Footprint
    • Yorcia Weald (J-8) Goblin Footprint
    Note: It is not confirmed that all of these locations contain cutscenes, but all cutscenes are in these locations.

Melody Minstrels and Goblin Footprints for Saved by the Bell:
    • Western Adoulin (D-9) Gehlvik
    • Eastern Adoulin (G-6) Maudilyonne
    • Dho Gates (K-10) Goblin Footprint
    • Moh Gates (I-10) Goblin Footprint
    • Sih Gates (I-6) Goblin Footprint
    Note: It is not confirmed that all of these locations contain cutscenes, but all cutscenes are in these locations.

Final notes:
    When you are recording footage of these cutscenes, please begin recording before you trigger the dialogue, so I know which belongs to which.

For bonus brownie points, you can record once with music as a reference video, and a second time with music turned off. (By adding in the music manually, I can control where looping songs begin and end.)

Upload the files to any filesharing site of your choice. You will see the fruits of your labor when the Adoulin chapter goes up! Thank you again for your participation!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

uuuh my head i never captured a video. I am sure dasva will do it for epeolatry and someone else for Idris :D

Campaign
    BG Level

Slacker!
    Come back in game in a week btw, need to show Reisenjima our fabulous style ^_~

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I have them (including the fight), but only up until the last portion of the HP-Baylds, since they announced 'the end' I've been less motivated to finish. Ill upload them to youtube when I get home.

Edit: they don't exactly meet your recording standards though - NVM.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Slacker!
    Come back in game in a week btw, need to show Reisenjima our fabulous style ^_~
    I'll try my best ._. no promises.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Damane I saw on FFXIAH you have an Epeolatry too, you shouldn't shirk it off onto dasva ;3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah Damane! I've never done it before but I could try to blunder thru it eventually... but kind of busy irl and ig at this moment... and well update soon so yeah might be a week or 2 lol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm a patient kitty, no worries. Until I get 100% confirmation on Idris from Ladyofhonor I'm gonna be spamming the WKRs nonstop. After that, it'll take another week or so to record the Adoulin sidequests and another 3 weeks to edit them all. So I won't need it for a while.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'd do it but don't really get much time these days.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Korvana View Post
    Apologies for making two posts in short succession. This is a x-post from reddit and FFXIAH.

I am the director of the FFXI The Movie video project, and as of this posting I've uploaded every cutscene in the game up to WotG, recorded/edited the Add-Ons and Abyssea and Voidwatch, and recorded 90% of the SoA missions. However, having completed every quest in the game except for Saved by the Bell and Quiescence, I'd rather not spend the time farming the 26,198 HP Bayld and 5m Plasm for two weapons I do not plan on using.
    Do you have the cutscene from A Shantotto's Ascension where there is a giant Shantotto?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If you know how to do minor scripting, you can use Goblin Footprints to rewatch any CS in a given zone, regardless whether you've ever seen it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If that's possible, I'm all ears.

Protey, now that they've patched it, I'll have all three add-ons plus Abyssea and Voidwatch up in the next few days. I've also got 90% of the Adoulin missions recorded but not edited.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If that's possible, I'm all ears.

Protey, now that they've patched it, I'll have all three add-ons plus Abyssea and Voidwatch up in the next few days. I've also got 90% of the Adoulin missions recorded but not edited.
    Thanks!

In addition, be warned, the long cutscene in RoV mission after you fight Sempurne is missing from the goblin trail.

The cutscene where you become the god of light by removing the darkness within you by splitting yourself and putting the darkness in a duplicate you

I put a bug report on the OF.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

8|

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

8|
    Yea tell me about it. That was an awesome cutscene too.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks to Byrthnoth I now have the cutscenes I needed! Thank you so much for your support!

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    Thanks!

In addition, be warned, the long cutscene in RoV mission after you fight Sempurne is missing from the goblin trail.

The cutscene where you become the god of light by removing the darkness within you by splitting yourself and putting the darkness in a duplicate you

I put a bug report on the OF.
    you can find it in Reisenjima (the game zones you into it before the cutscene starts).
    "Penance"