1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 22 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 11 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thordan Extreme Guide     submit to reddit submit to twitter

THE FAIRY CAT
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snoctopus Snoctopus
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    it's not one chunk of dmg, instead its split between the 2-4 seconds of animation. A well timed heal or lustrate (ontop of a sch shield if the sch is healing that target) completely negates that tank buster. I heal our WAR for that (as SCH) and its to the point where he doesn't even need to use a single defensive CD
    Yeah, there was one instance where I was able to keep a tank alive that didn't have a CD up with lustrate spam.

Probably a good time for me to get more comfortable with emergency tactics, too.

Speaking of FFlogs did anyone notice that within the last two hours all 3.1 submissions have poofed? I thought it was a local caching issue initially but, the all star points prior submissions with 3.1 inclusions are still in tact but it makes me wonder if they'll reset as well.

(I think they update once a day at midnight or something for all star point rankings? rather than dynamically anyone know this time frame ?)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shinryu Reishiki
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Speaking of FFlogs did anyone notice that within the last two hours all 3.1 submissions have poofed? I thought it was a local caching issue initially but, the all star points prior submissions with 3.1 inclusions are still in tact but it makes me wonder if they'll reset as well.
    There's some issue with the ACT plugin regarding DoT/HoT, so the ranking for 3.1 has been suspended until it gets resolved.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    it's not one chunk of dmg, instead its split between the 2-4 seconds of animation. A well timed heal or lustrate (ontop of a sch shield if the sch is healing that target) completely negates that tank buster. I heal our WAR for that (as SCH) and its to the point where he doesn't even need to use a single defensive CD
    It's a stream of smaller damage but it seems like they're all still calculated at the end of the cast bar, same as any single hit tank buster. An adlo that lands even before any damage but after the bar won't shield any of the hits.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i've been studying this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6cRuQb1dCo
    and i cant figure out how your black mage only took 10k dmg from the charge with nothing but succor. i take about 10k dmg too but thats with casting aspected benefic on myself. also looks like you got a little lucky with both your tanks getting tethered. for some stupid reason i wasnt casting aspected helios before the tethers go out so i'll make that adjustment. i may ask our pld if he has divine veil up during that phase.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shinryu Reishiki
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    i've been studying this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6cRuQb1dCo
    and i cant figure out how your black mage only took 10k dmg from the charge with nothing but succor. i take about 10k dmg too but thats with casting aspected benefic on myself. also looks like you got a little lucky with both your tanks getting tethered. for some stupid reason i wasnt casting aspected helios before the tethers go out so i'll make that adjustment. i may ask our pld if he has divine veil up during that phase.
    The farther away from the knight you are, the less damage you take from the charge. Ideally you go to the edge furthest from the knight, but even if you pick the edge nearest to the knight, it should still be survivable.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They really need to make Dragon's Gaze not blind the whole god damn screen when the camera is not even facing it. Fullscreen effects in general actually need to go.

For Ph8, it's just stack regens + AoE-Adlo and hope no one fucks up yeah? Super hectic portion of the fight, and the gaze going off mid-chain breaking doesn't help visibility matters.

New Merits
    BG Level

Definitely lot of good uses for adlo spread in the fight, I like it used on for shiva + dives and ph8, for ultimate end divine veil should be enough with succor.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

@Alisha: What Shinryu said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    They really need to make Dragon's Gaze not blind the whole god damn screen when the camera is not even facing it. Fullscreen effects in general actually need to go.

For Ph8, it's just stack regens + AoE-Adlo and hope no one fucks up yeah? Super hectic portion of the fight, and the gaze going off mid-chain breaking doesn't help visibility matters.
    Pretty much. You can try assigning pre-determined spots in relation to Thordan (ex: Perpendicular Left/Right, Straight back)

As a scholar with less than 14k HP, it's a bit annoying that Spiral Pierce hits me for 14k without adlo shield lol (maximum distance between the knight and I too)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    The farther away from the knight you are, the less damage you take from the charge. Ideally you go to the edge furthest from the knight, but even if you pick the edge nearest to the knight, it should still be survivable.
    still doesn't make sense mathematically. going to the proper location and shielding myself with aspected benefic i take around 10k. unless deployment tactics was used. i run ths fight as an astrologian in noct stance so i need to figure something out. i could run it as sch but i just dont like healing as sch anymore. 1 too many times i had no stacks when i needed a lustrate or had someone die because e-tactics adlo is too slow.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, just had a run where the small meteors decided to......disappear for 0dmg when they hit the bottom, followed by the big one in the middle, and then everyone got 90k'd right after, unable to log back in atm.

That's one way to give people a panic attack.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Any tips for Heel on DRK? Do you just grit it?

I've been farming in PLD and can just sit in SwO most of the fight and Shelton heel. (29% block). WAR just IBs it but DRK seems really lackluster in Thordan.

Almost certainly a conscious choice in response to DRK's Savage advantage no doubt.

For real though, you MT Thordan in Sword Oath? I can do the ads but Thordan is spicy as fuck, I can't imagine my healers being too happy with that.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Any tips for Heel on DRK? Do you just grit it?

I've been farming in PLD and can just sit in SwO most of the fight and Shelton heel. (29% block). WAR just IBs it but DRK seems really lackluster in Thordan.
    I Grit if I don't have Shadowskin or Shadow Wall, don't bother if I do. Really depends on my healers though, we've been solo healing it a little and even then I play kind of dumb, but in PF farm groups I tend to have to play safer than that in which case I'll throw on Grit even for the random cleaves if I'm not sure I'll be topped off.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    Almost certainly a conscious choice in response to DRK's Savage advantage no doubt.

For real though, you MT Thordan in Sword Oath? I can do the ads but Thordan is spicy as fuck, I can't imagine my healers being too happy with that.

Saving sheltron for heel allows me to roll other CDs for cleaves and AA. You want to time your ramparts ~15 seconds before a heel since after heels his output is typically reduced.

I ShO the start for a hate lead (halone combo x2) then it's sword oath until the first heel after meteors and that's more for hate then anything else. Back to sword during gaze.

After DBs I go into shield oath plus sent for that last heel.

THE FAIRY CAT
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snoctopus Snoctopus
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sorry to bump this back to life. Wanted to get some input on the phase with Lightning storm > tehther + divebomb + charge

Myself and my group's other healer have been trying to best figure out how to manage this phase. It seems like tether is the real bitch in this section and seems to have the highest kill rate. It also seems a bit tricky getting both the tether and drivebomb target identified + shielded while topping off the raid, and based on the timings I think I get 5 seconds from when the marks go out to ID the targets and shield both of them while getting into position.

How are other healers handling this? The best I could think of is to have everyone stack up before the KotR cast to put up a deployment adlo with mantra from the monk, and slap Eos regen on to try and top off anyone that is still missing HP after thunderstorm hits. Haven't had a chance to put it in practice yet though.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Party should be stacked up on the tank who pulls Thordan to one side of the divebomb, tether should be to the side of the party (so nobody else gets hit ofc), blue marker should be at the opposite side of the room. Shouldn't need to preshield anyone, but you can throw an adlo on the tether target if they're not particularly well geared just to be safe. I prefer the SCH to spread adlo for the next rotation because people are always shit at it and it completely trivializes it.

Make sure both healers are aoe healing while the lightning storm indicators are about half way through so everyone is topped off/shielded. I wouldn't use deployment tactics here as it's more needed in wave 8 (pizza slices/shiva aoe/heavensflame/meteors).

MT should be the one looking for the divebomb knight and place Thordan about 90 degrees across.

Tether target should go to 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock depending on which is closer, on a safe pattern.

Blue marked target should go to around 6 o'clock on a safe pattern.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Another thing to add. The safe spots from phase 2 divebombs also apply. So the tank can also sit on a safespot next to divebomb DRG. The guy with the tether can go to the opposide side of the arena, but staying on the same half that the divebomb DRG cuts. And then the guy with the blue marker stays on his side of the arena.

Alternatively, I had a group that would just stack blue mark with dragon's rage. Buuuut I didn't healer that so I don't have any advice to give there. But it is possible. Tether still has to be taken away.

Realistically as long as you're topped off after lightning chain and people don't overlap damage from mechanics everyone should survive. Then you can go into phase 8 and pray everyone dodges gaze, breaks chain. Don't sit on each other's meteors and drop ice puddles not in the way of anyone else. And don't get hit by pizza slices.