1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Skynamis (Airship Exploration: the Diadem)

Found some gear pics on Reddit, has anyone ventured out there yet?

MNK Chest

DRG Chest
    Spoiler: show

Tank Hands

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This is an unexpected take on "random" stats; it completely ignores the major/minor secondary paradigm for bucket o' stats.

I'm wondering if the randomized stats all add up to the the same "value" as major+minor on a normal piece of gear.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Went with a party of 4 into the Hard version. Shit has a lot of HP, we got a handful of bronze and silver chests. Tried to do the Dino NM with other groups, but we kept wiping, was hard to tell exactly why. It seemed to swipe the group after meteor, not sure if that's cause loss of hate or it just randomly targets someone with that swipe.

I did some gathering after we wiped a few times and got some items.

Overall I like the concept, it'll be interesting to see how the community runs with it. As someone with a small FC, I'd like to lead up an alliance via PF and go in there, but not really sure on how to handle loot since you can change your job at any time in there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Those stats on that MNK body. so this gear shits all over Savage mode stuff if RNGbasedGod is in your favor? Do the major stats equal the same as savage gear or are they lower?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Looks like DET is weighted about 5% more than the other stats. Other than that it seems like ACC=CRIT=SS

Edit: was replying to Spider Dan

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Those stats on that MNK body. so this gear shits all over Savage mode stuff if RNGbasedGod is in your favor? Do the major stats equal the same as savage gear or are they lower?
    Gordian Mail of striking has 66acc and 94SS = 160 total. That monk piece has 163 total, and is technically a tad higher since SE weights DET more. Pretty crazy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Well I'm not home to compare. I mean does the pink gear have the same major stat values. like are the vit and str the same as a blue 210

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh, yeah, the main stats are the same

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Looks like DET is weighted about 5% more than the other stats. Other than it seems like ACC=CRIT=SS
    Upon further reflection, looking at the pieces in the pics:

MNK body has (138 CRT/ACC) + (25 DET)
    DRG body has (139 CRT/ACC/SKS) + (29 DET)

So it looks like there is at least some variability on exactly how high the totals are.

If only there were some sort of system to easily rank gear by their combined total stats. A kind of gear score, if you will.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Went in via Duty Finder. Regret that I couldn't do hard mode, regret more that the instant objectives were complete 6/8 of them changed to a gathering job and just started gathering and didn't stop. Why isn't there a filter for people who'd rather kill and get loot? And like sure, it's (probably) not gonna drop 210s outside hard mode, but the spoils items are useful for materia V if nothing else.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

That's really nice then. surprised they are allowed gear to potentially be better than Savage. Now it's just how RNG is the RNG on getting that 210 gear to drop

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Those tank hands have 128 total secondary stats. A similar savage piece has 97-99 total secondary stats.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by StaplerGuy View Post
    Went in via Duty Finder. Regret that I couldn't do hard mode, regret more that the instant objectives were complete 6/8 of them changed to a gathering job and just started gathering and didn't stop. Why isn't there a filter for people who'd rather kill and get loot? And like sure, it's (probably) not gonna drop 210s outside hard mode, but the spoils items are useful for materia V if nothing else.
    210 drop from any difficulty but Hard mode has an higher rate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You get 1 Brass Sky Pirate Spoil from the i150 gear turn-in, 2 for 180, and not sure on 210. You need 99 to get the pegasus mount. Think you need 47(?) to get a tier5 materia.

Silver Sky Pirate Spoils occasionally appear on a gathering node. Can use those for shards, deep-xxxxx crystals/clusters, materia, AND red scrip materials!

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So how, exactly, is Hard mode unlocked?

The help text makes it sound like you just need to chart any R50 voyage and Hard is available, but this Reddit thread makes it sound like you have to send your R50 ship to zone 21/22 and hope for a random unlock?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    You get 1 Brass Sky Pirate Spoil from the i150 gear turn-in, 2 for 180, and not sure on 210. You need 99 to get the pegasus mount. Think you need 47(?) to get a tier5 materia.

Silver Sky Pirate Spoils occasionally appear on a gathering node. Can use those for shards, deep-xxxxx crystals/clusters, materia, AND red scrip materials!
    If you trade 210 gear you get 3 brass spoils.
    Also got this

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    So how, exactly, is Hard mode unlocked?

The help text makes it sound like you just need to chart any R50 voyage and Hard is available, but this Reddit thread makes it sound like you have to send your R50 ship to zone 21/22 and hope for a random unlock?
    That's our FC. Our WHM just sent it there and it unlocked. Seems to be RNG. Friends are telling me they sent over 5 ships there (personal ships as well) and have had no luck.

As for our one HM run: We completed objectives fairly soon. Did the gathering one, the kill this mob 3x one, and a "click on the white crystal" one. As soon as we finished 3 objectives our objectives on the duty list disappeared. We received 40 esoterics for completing it. We only got bronze and silver chests for killing normal mobs, and we found bronze and silver chests from unearthing "buried chests" found randomly around the map.

We kept flying around and killing tier V mobs with our group of 8. We kept seeing messages every once in awhile, "You sense a foul presence nearby". Eventually it seemed like the more mobs we killed the stronger the message got. I am theorizing that the higher the tier of the mob, the more it gives towards building your message. Once we got it high enough, we got a message that said, "The foul presence is right ontop of you!" and a small green/black orb that we could activate popped on us. Activating this orb popped a star ranked NM:

We got 1x i210 piece from both of the star ranked mobs we managed to kill. However, they were both trash lol.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    That's our FC. Our WHM just sent it there and it unlocked. Seems to be RNG. Friends are telling me they sent over 5 ships there (personal ships as well) and have had no luck..
    Did it unlock on deploy, or on return? I couldn't quite tell on the SS.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Did it unlock on deploy, or on return? I couldn't quite tell on the SS.
    What's ambiguous about it? Finalizing a voyage is what it says when the ship returns.

Are the drop rates for things pretty poop? Starting to wonder what's the point of doing void ark or I guess even savage? (Weapons aside) if you can just gear gear through here that isn't gated by a weekly lock out?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast