1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 11 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 11 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyoko View Post
    Are you sure? I switch around my alts between 2 personal FCs frequently to teleport them between houses.

Edit: I guess the issue might be you can't rejoin the same FC again. I normally only do 1 switch.
    Yeah thats probably it. I left an old FC back in the day, when I left to make my own and level it. When I tried to rejoin, it gave me like a 24hr cool down, might have b een longer, been a while.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    90 minutes of killing hp bloated mobs isn't all that fun. would prefer a lower time length and less trash loot to sort through.
    this is kind of my gripe about it. Skynamis is really Hunt Island. They could of at least placed mobs in a way so there was some strategy to pulling. As it is, the only way you get fucked is if multiple V-S ranks get spawned on top of each other (which can be easily avoided). Otherwise its just just HP bloated trash..

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I still like the concept of Skynamis (variable party open world content) but SE really needs to iron out the event. The fact that we can't even form an alliance to coordinate with multiple parties is wasted potential for one and the blandness of the encounters is another issue. It's basically doing FATEs without a map marker. The buffalo is about the most exciting thing in there though if you spawn that fucker on an elevated platform with pitfalls & cliffs it does get pretty fun. Aside from my apathy for the event, it's still something to do and it still progresses my character so I'll end up doing it anyway.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like if you just want to farm gear for spoils, it's better to do Easy so you can burn through mobs at a quicker pace and Hard is only really worth it with multiple parties otherwise the NM rate will be fairly low. I did hard yesterday and we ended up with only 2 parties in the zone so we only managed to spawn 4-5 NMs.

As for HP bloat, I think rank Vs had 1.78mil HP in Hard while rank IVs had 780k. Think the NMs were sitting pretty at 4mil but I can't remember exactly.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Went in solo today via Ishgard. Drove me slightly nuts. It's a good way to get your Eso's quickly but after the three objectives are done it's like herding cats to get anything else done. I wrote up my experience but I think preforming an 8 man and going Easy or Normal will prolly end up the most productive for us. I guess also that things will get slightly easier as we all get geared up more too. If you want to read more it's here .

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Went in solo today via Ishgard. Drove me slightly nuts. It's a good way to get your Eso's quickly but after the three objectives are done it's like herding cats to get anything else done. I wrote up my experience but I think preforming an 8 man and going Easy or Normal will prolly end up the most productive for us. I guess also that things will get slightly easier as we all get geared up more too. If you want to read more it's here .
    Your lucky they even stayed around for all objectives. When I do solo ques, I gtfo one I unlock flying, and go fishing, mining or gathering.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there even a reason to do the objectives? All I've noticed is you get the esoterics for it, which I don't care about. Not sure if it's required to trigger other stuff to pop star ranks since my group's wanted to do objectives first regardless.

Would rather just sac-pull all four aether currants (then use flying mount to easily bait aggro away so the saccer can get their points), then slaughter 3/4's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Is there even a reason to do the objectives? All I've noticed is you get the esoterics for it, which I don't care about. Not sure if it's required to trigger other stuff to pop star ranks since my group's wanted to do objectives first regardless.

Would rather just sac-pull all four aether currants (then use flying mount to easily bait aggro away so the saccer can get their points), then slaughter 3/4's.
    Just esos.

Has anyone figured out the fishin holes for HM diadem? The usual spots dont seem to work.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Fishing is the one thing I didn't try. Has anyone gone in as a duo via FC and then had someone leave? I can't see it kicking you but it might...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So this "popular" pull spot of 26,26 ish with the t-rex mobs seriously needs to die in a fire. Our group wasn't in the mood to try to convince people the 13,17 spot with the Triceratops was better, so we joined the crowd on t-rex island thinking it had to be at least nearly as good to become the favorite spot.

Fuck no. It's so terrible compared to it. We got exactly half the gold chests despite looking about the same # of people. Saw all kinds of deaths, several times where there's absolutely nothing to pull, mobs die slower if you're going to avoid aoe's, if you get snagged by the damage down one you might as well be afk. It's sooo bad.

On the plus side at least there was time to lot stuff without mobs on you? And my hands didn't feel as sore after the run?

Please, try and get your groups to give a shot at the Triceratops island. I guarantee if/when this spot becomes more common knowledge it'll become known as the best spot, or at least leagues ahead of t-rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    So this "popular" pull spot of 26,26 ish with the t-rex mobs seriously needs to die in a fire. Our group wasn't in the mood to try to convince people the 13,17 spot with the Triceratops was better, so we joined the crowd on t-rex island thinking it had to be at least nearly as good to become the favorite spot.

Fuck no. It's so terrible compared to it. We got exactly half the gold chests despite looking about the same # of people. Saw all kinds of deaths, several times where there's absolutely nothing to pull, mobs die slower if you're going to avoid aoe's, if you get snagged by the damage down one you might as well be afk. It's sooo bad.

On the plus side at least there was time to lot stuff without mobs on you? And my hands didn't feel as sore after the run?

Please, try and get your groups to give a shot at the Triceratops island. I guarantee if/when this spot becomes more common knowledge it'll become known as the best spot, or at least leagues ahead of t-rex.

What, exactly, makes it better? Everyone atm is under the assumption that killing IVs and Vs contributes higher "points" towards spawning the fresh marks pop. Also, the triceratops would be too squishy for all of the zerg herd, wouldnt they? Last HM run I did we got around 15 gold chest and about 10 NMs killed in Dino Island. How would that compare to your Triceratops runs?

Also, gold chests are pretty much random if you in normal, so unless youre doing hard, gold chests = RNG.

Im not sayin it isnt a better spot, just wonder whats your reasoning behind it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yep, I tell my group to go to 13,17 because...it's more efficient. But what can you do when the masses don't care?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It's the same kind of logic that happened in xi, sure if you kill incredibly tough mobs you get more exp per mob, but that's just another point system and this point system of building points for popping tracks is the same way. Basically 13,17 is the colibri camp; t-rex is the trolls. Both in difficulty per mob and the stuff you have to deal with. There's almost no ground indicators at all to deal with in the triceratops camp, the only deaths I ever saw were from the big dinosaur that casts meteor. Didn't see that mob at the t-rex camp when I went but even a single add there with that up would make that shit a nightmare.

There are plenty of 4's at the triceratops camp too but they're idk, more subtle? I've heard people shout there's more 4's at t-rex but I didn't see it, they were just bigger and more annoying mobs, so I have to assume people are blind or something and don't notice those tiny 4's "Diplo-somethin" @ 13,17 because they're so easy to fight.

Overall there's more mobs in a better more open camp and they're a joke to fight. Literally colibri meripo.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

How about in Hard Mode? Those two pteranodon islands still the best?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Because it's similar to Dynamis, I felt right at home.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just went in with 8 of us into normal and it was great. FC run. We got 2 minions and when the Ultima weather popped we got 2 plates (as if from Ultima fate) from a chest too. Was much better this time cos we had half a clue. We teamed up with the farming pack and killed a bunch.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Just went in with 8 of us into normal and it was great. FC run. We got 2 minions and when the Ultima weather popped we got 2 plates (as if from Ultima fate) from a chest too. Was much better this time cos we had half a clue. We teamed up with the farming pack and killed a bunch.

so the 2 plates were freelot or everyone got them?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

They were just another item in the chest to lot on. Trying to see if I have a screenie.

Quote Originally Posted by StaplerGuy View Post
    How about in Hard Mode? Those two pteranodon islands still the best?
    Thats still where everyone gathers, but shits a shitfest. The elder Zanuwas are too fuckin annoying to deal with, and when uncommunicated, ppl will pull 3 or more of those to a Starred mob, which leads to an instance wipe, lol.

@Alistare that actually sounds pretty good, gonna give it a try on HM and see how it goes, and what kind of mobs are there. Gonna be rough pullin the mobs off the dino island tho, lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

RNG hasn't been nice on finding HM for us but we'll definitely give it a shot when we find it.

Just got back in HM, western Zanuwas and Toads are in the 13 17 area

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast