1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -7 hours, -55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 16 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    They always used the Relics to make people go back to dying content so I'm guessing Bismarck EX and Lord of Verminion.
    I find it pretty fucking hilarious that LoV is already dead 3 weeks after its inception. Had 29 people signed up for the tournament on Balmung, I believe. 29. Highest pop server.

Excellent staying power SE 10/10

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I hope they gate it behind Thordan

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I find it pretty fucking hilarious that LoV is already dead 3 weeks after its inception. Had 29 people signed up for the tournament on Balmung, I believe. 29. Highest pop server.

LoV has a steep learning curve so it's no surprise that died off with quickness. Unless you hold peoples faces to a brazier they ain't gonna do it.

Moblin Maze Mongers '15!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I feel like Verminion is a perfect example of how NOT to design a minigame. Its accompanying systems (area-wide queues, penalties, tournament points, etc) are really terrible, too. I had a lot of fun with the one-time challenges, but overall it's been a really depressing addition and an absolute waste of development time.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

My educated guess is Bis/Rav (for that white/black atma we saw mined up) with a drop rate of around what atmas are right now, fates/mob killing in new areas, materia (yes, there is a reason your airship brings you back like 20 at a time and you can grind diadem for Vs), and some obscure weird crafted shit probably requiring a combo of desynth, favor farming and specializations.
    So you know, exactly like last time. Just like the storyline.

I don't think they'll force Gold Saucer content.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

GC item for sure, there is no use for it atm.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

BUT BUT BUT LoV IS AWESOME CONTENT

Also, it will be CT/ST/WoD for the grind.

"We put off releasing the new relics for half a year, should we actually put some effort into the questline?"

"Na, just copy-paste Gerolt into Azys Lla and call it a day."

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    "We put off releasing the new relics for half a year, should we actually put some effort into the questline?"

"Na, just copy-paste Gerolt into Azys Lla and call it a day."
    They'll give him his own mini-aetheryte in a later patch too, just like Rowena, to explain how he can be in two places at once!

Please look forward to it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    "We have limited resources and a small development team."

I'm still looking for the preview of the weapons...all I read was stuff that don't matter. I mean shit even XI showed the damn armor/weapons in the preview tidbit for Aeonic weapons lol. Hope when they say "the likes the realm has never seen" they mean the weapons will actually have more than base attribute and secondary stats.

(yes i know it's flavor text but it's a damn expansion and 2 years later it's time to evolve.)
    They did show MCH,AST and DRK weapons a long time ago, way before this preview.

http://i.imgur.com/9ZCVgh9.png

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    They'll give him his own mini-aetheryte in a later patch too, just like Rowena, to explain how he can be in two places at once!

Please look forward to it.
    One could only wish, but it wouldn't be a relic grind without that pointless one minute chocobo run to him from the nearest aetheryte.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    One could only wish, but it wouldn't be a relic grind without that pointless one minute chocobo run to him from the nearest aetheryte.
    Except he's standing in a spot next to the aetherite in that preview. Both NPCs are shown near the aetherite actually.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I know it's only a 45-60 sec Choco ride, but goddammit if I didn't hate going from N.Shroud aetheryte to Gerolt endless times.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Probably the single good thing that i've found in the relic grind is that during book phase you don't have to run back to gerolt/other random dingus.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    You forgot to add "Please buy stuff from our cash store and keep paying your sub while we delay and cut content"
    Calling it now. Anima Weapons will be gated to at least take a month to finish first forms.. BUT... you can speed this along by buying the the materials early from Mog Station. No gates at all. If you spend enough money you can finish the Anima Weapon on the first day!!~

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    My educated guess is Bis/Rav (for that white/black atma we saw mined up) with a drop rate of around what atmas are right now, fates/mob killing in new areas, materia (yes, there is a reason your airship brings you back like 20 at a time and you can grind diadem for Vs), and some obscure weird crafted shit probably requiring a combo of desynth, favor farming and specializations.
    So you know, exactly like last time. Just like the storyline.

I don't think they'll force Gold Saucer content.

...and don't forget dungeon spam. Neverreap x100 and Fractal Continuum x100 to charge up your white/black atmas to full capacity!

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Calling it now. Anima Weapons will be gated to at least take a month to finish first forms.. BUT... you can speed this along by buying the the materials early from Mog Station. No gates at all. If you spend enough money you can finish the Anima Weapon on the first day!!~
    Right.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Hopefully these weapons would be a tiny bit more unique (has special properties), but I doubt it.
    The shit will glow, what do you need more? :D

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

True I am a sucker for glowing weapons...

I cashed in all my Primal weapons last night, the ilvl60/70/75/80 versions, because none of them glow.

When I get my crafts up to level 60 I plan to cook the glowy ones.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Thats gonna cost you a bunch, King whisker going for 15-20M on Rag