Lane is divorcing Layla, so sad. Maybe if he had run the damn ball more they wouldn't have had a rocky relationship.
JOEY FRESHWATER RIDES AGAIN
Where will poor Knox live now?
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
![]()
On the heels of huge ratings drop, CFP games to remain on New Year's Eve this year, but will have earlier start time.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/college...QDBHNlYwNzYw--
The College Football Playoff semifinals are staying on New Year's Eve - despite last season's television ratings - but the schedule is getting a tweak.
The Dec. 31 semifinals will start an hour earlier than they did last season and the Orange Bowl will now be played in prime time on Friday, Dec. 30, instead of during the day on Dec. 31.
CFP executive director Bill Hancock said Monday that coverage of the first game on ESPN will start at 3 p.m. Eastern. The second game will start at 7 p.m. ET. The semifinals will be played in the Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Arizona, and the Peach Bowl in Atlanta. Which game starts first will be determined on Dec. 4, when the semifinal matchups are set.
Last season was the first that the semifinals were played on New Year's Eve and the television ratings were down about 35 percent for the two games compared to the season before, when both were played on Jan. 1. That debut season of the College Football Playoff drew record audiences for ESPN.
The Orange Bowl last season between Clemson and Oklahoma, which kicked off about 4:10 p.m. EST on ESPN, drew a 9.1 television rating, a 38.5 percent drop compared to the previous year's Rose Bowl semifinal (14.8). The number of viewers dropped 44.5 percent from 28.2 million for the Rose to 15.6 million for the Orange.
The Michigan State-Alabama Cotton Bowl drew a 9.6 rating for ESPN compared to 15.2 for Ohio State-Alabama in the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 1, 2015 - a 36.8 percent drop. Total viewership crashed 34.4 percent, going from 28,271,000 for the first season of the playoff to 18,552,000 in the second.
College Football Playoff officials broke from the original plan by moving the Orange Bowl off New Year's Eve. The initial schedule for the CFP had two tripleheaders scheduled for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day throughout the 12-year contract with ESPN. That would have given a late-morning kickoff to the Orange Bowl, which has traditionally been played at night.
After the 2017 season, the semifinals will move back to the Sugar and Rose bowls on New Year's Day.
''As we committed earlier this year, we have looked at the landscape for the upcoming season and are confident that this change will make it easier for more fans to watch the games on television and also will benefit fans who will attend the games in person,'' Hancock said. ''The semifinals will be played on Saturday for the first time. The Capital One Orange Bowl will be in an evening time slot, which is its tradition.''
The other three marquee bowls that are part of the playoff rotation - Cotton, Rose and Sugar - will be played Monday, Jan. 2, as previously scheduled, because Jan. 1 will fall on an Sunday dominated by NFL games.
That whole situation is stupid as hell. There was a huge ratings dropoff because the games went from new years day to new years eve (when everybody works and/or is out partying and not watching football). Moving the games up an hour may help a *little*, but what will really help is that the games are being played on a saturday. The Rose/Sugar bowls just refuse to move and they've bought off anybody that could make them change it. So in 3 years they'll be back down again.
How much longer til I can cast off this terrible burden?!
kk, I'm down for a Caps/Rangos bet. Whoever goes further chooses?
I may leave it. I don't have another sig prepared.
Bobby Bowden, 86, gets a hole-in-one on the golf course. http://www.tallahassee.com/story/spo...incy/81819708/
Classic Bobby.One of the most trustworthy clubs in Bobby Bowden’s golf bag is his 3-wood.
Bowden and the club made history in Quincy Monday morning, when the former Florida State football coach recorded his second career hole-in-one.
The 86-year-old aced the par-3 12th hole at the Golf Club of Quincy, a scenic 6,640-yard course 30 minutes northwest of Tallahassee.
Swinging his 3-wood from the red tees, Bowden hit a straight, low shot on the relatively flat terrain that rolled between two sand traps on the sides of the green and into the hole, 121 yards away.
“I never hit the ball very high,” Bowden said Tuesday afternoon from his Tallahassee home.
“I rolled it in the gap and it went right in. I had already walked away. I saw it rolling towards the hole and thought, ‘Oh boy, I have a good shot. I hope it stops.
“Then I turned around and everyone said it went it in.”
Bowden was in a foursome with former college football coach and FSU player Gene McDowell and two local players - one of whom, Bowden said, was 90 or 91 years old with four aces on his career scorecard.
Bowden recorded his first hole-in-one while playing in Mobile, Alabama, five or so years ago – more than three decades after he picked up the sport.
“I started playing (golf) when I was 30, so you go 50 years without having one and you get into your 80s, you have two,” Bowden said and laughed.
“You never expect it. You hit so many balls. All of a sudden it’s in the hole.
“It’s a funny game.”
Bowden chuckled and admitted he also skipped the scared tradition for any golfer who makes a hole-in-one – buying drinks or food after the round for the three players in his group..
“I am too cheap and I don’t visit bars,” Bowden laughed.
Players in his group, however, signed the scorecard as a keepsake for Bowden.
“I don’t hit the ball far at all – I can hit it straight but I just can’t make it go anywhere,” said Bowden, who says he shot an 84 on 18-hole, par 73 course.
"You probably don't see many holes-in-one with a 3-wood."
Bowden also said the scorecard still was probably in his golf bag or the glove compartment of his car.
“It’s not like I am going to put it on the wall and look at it all day,” Bowden said and laughed.
University of Miami busted using photoshop of a Dolphins game trying to make it seem like anyone actually attends their games.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment..._photoshopped/
![]()
rofl those side banners make it so obvious
The tarp at the bottom they didn't even try.
>Richt
smh
Former GATA QB Will Grier will transfer to West Virginia. Under NCAA transfer rules he must sit out the entire 2016 season, and will have two years of eligibility remaining. However, unless he wins an appeal from the NCAA, he will still have to sit out the first seven games of the 2017 season on his PED suspension.
ESPN has parted ways with CFB analysts Joe Schad and Robert Smith. Both had been with ESPN for several years covering CFB.