Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

From 2015 to 2016, viewers down for:

CEO
    SEAM
    SCR
    EVO Day 1

Basically, everything after the initial "hype" (lol) of the new release. EVO finals day will always go up, regardless.

Attendance and viewers of things like Final Round, CEO, NCR are going to be hella lower next year than even in 2016. Spooky got off the train at exactly the right time lmao.

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

RIP this thread's activity. Thanks SFV

BG Level

Hey, I'm still playing 4 daily, so you can't blame me.

Remember when I would randomly drop in post something controversial and we'd all have a 2-3 page shitstorm cus people were actually passionate about Street fighter?

SF5 and the catering to filthy fucking casuals was never going to a long term successful plan.

Imagine trying to dumb down the sport of boxing to draw in big 4 sports fan? Fucking blasphemy.

Something's in life were not meant for casuals.

Street Fighter is the Boxing of ESport.

BG Level

Here's hoping SF6 isn't the steaming pile of shit V is...

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Welcome to modern gaming, it's only gonna get worse.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Here's hoping SF6 isn't the steaming pile of shit V is...
    if there's one broadly useful lesson for capcom to learn from the release of V, it's probably 'take your goddamned time with the next one'. which may not be a luxury that capcom can afford!

i think if V spent another year in the works, and we had another annual balance adjustment for USF4, they easily could've made a smooth transition into a worthwhile successor while keeping people interested in the scene/series.

instead, they aborted an incredible game series for a full retail priced alpha test, while injecting shitloads of money into the scene to ensure that everyone important had to shut up, promote it and play it. i've barely watched anything since evo (& have played drastically less; according to steam, the last time i launched the game was in april), and probably won't bother with anything from here until capcup; and even then, probably just to see if there's going to be any major shakeups/announcements for the future of the series.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sad day when KI bracketing matches makes my dick harder than namebrand SF5 matches. SEAM gave me nothing.

BG Level

I don't even know when tournaments are anymore. I don't care. The ones I have watched have been piss poor and have no hype, at all. LI Joe was the only hype thing of the entire 2016 season, and maybe Justin v Daigo in EVO for history's sake.

The other day, I tried to watch SCR and I swear on anything that KOF top 8 spanned 2 meal times. Never again.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SCR was honestly pretty entertaining from the portions I tuned in for. Haven't really watched anything else since Evo.

BG Level

Every single Chun does the exact same shit. Every single Necalli does the exact same combos in the exact same situations. Etc etc etc. They might as well put up "Generic Person A" vs. "Generic Person B" on the overlay and just leave it that way from beginning to end of the tournament.

I'll tune in for Capcom Cup and that is it.

I generally just check in when PR Rog/Xyzzy/Xian plays so I don't have to watch Chun or Karin play all day lol

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

HEY WELT Y R U PLAYING AN OLD GAEM, BRAH? GET WIT THE TIEMS!!one

Btw, I didn't know Spooky had left the streaming gig, cheeky little weasel. Wtf is he doing now, preaching?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    HEY WELT Y R U PLAYING AN OLD GAEM, BRAH? GET WIT THE TIEMS!!one

Btw, I didn't know Spooky had left the streaming gig, cheeky little weasel. Wtf is he doing now, preaching?
    Works for a streaming company in Asia. He still steams the EVO and whatever major is local to him.

Also, there is a big difference in playing 4 instead of 5 and playing 4.0 instead of 4.5, etc lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PlayStation Tournaments ESL feature announced
    Currently supports NBA2k17 with Project Cars & MKX coming later
    We’re excited to announce that PlayStation is partnering with ESL to introduce Tournaments, a new PS4 feature that will allow players to participate in Tournaments with games that gamers want to play.
    We’re kicking off the first Major tournament with NBA 2K17, to celebrate the beginning of the NBA season. The Major Tournament runs from October 27 to November 26, with Major Cup rounds occurring every Saturday. Top 3 winners of the NBA 2K17 Major Tournament will receive a prize pack that includes items such as a DualShock 4 and PlayStation gear.

If you’re interested in entering, signups open today. You’ll need a copy of NBA 2K17, a PlayStation Plus membership, and link an ESL account to register and compete. The registration process will prompt ESL account creation if you do not already have one.

Once tournaments are live, you can find them under Events on your PS4 system menu to view the details. Once you have signed up for a tournament, your PS4 will automatically prompt you when it is time to play your matches. There are many types of Tournaments and matches taking place, so check out the PlayStation Tournaments feature and compete!

Initially, Tournaments will support 1 on 1 matches, and we’ll continue to enhance the feature in the future.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...n-tournaments/

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

NBA2k17
    [sneering intensifies]

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

FGC is dead.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

2016 killed everything good.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Every single Chun does the exact same shit. Every single Necalli does the exact same combos in the exact same situations. Etc etc etc. They might as well put up "Generic Person A" vs. "Generic Person B" on the overlay and just leave it that way from beginning to end of the tournament.

I'll tune in for Capcom Cup and that is it.
    I mean I do some unique shit with my character but people kinda know to expect dumb/wacky shit from me now lol

BG Level

Uhh, my comment stands lol.

Closed Thread
Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast