+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

A wall really seams the only way to go takes holy down to 1.5k or lower. Reflect seams like so much of a healing gamble. Especially since your running off of a sb to heal.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Stoneskin is the best mitigation. For Yunalesca your best combo for breaks will be Full Break and Power/Armor breakdown or Steal Power/Defense. Don't waste your time with Magic. If you look at my strategy the difference makers were multi-hit Soul Breaks.

I'm curious as to what RW you used Mertron.

Eh, I wouldn't sell out magic if you have a good X weapon for a mage. Had Lulu almost doing capped per spell and she was using Yuna's MND staff of all things. Osmose is obviously an issue since a mage without abilities is useless, but I managed mine without some SSB even though I'd acknowledge it could make things easier in the last phase.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post

I'm curious as to what RW you used Mertron.
    you.

strat was basically

1. get up protectga (I switched a protectga armor to wakka to get it up at the start)
    2. get steal power/abd/full break on
    3. get through phase 1 in good shape with no one debuffed, no silence on yuna/blind on melees
    4. when she enters phase 2, get shellga up and blast her down with your RW to get her into phase 3 as fast as possible.
    5. phase 3 just try to survive and whittle her down. I had a lot of close losses and times I could have won with a member or two dead, but knew if I got lucky with rng (vaan pretty much never survived a holy cast even with shellga on, his res wasn't high enough apparently) I could get through with no deaths and hope for mastery. When I did win I thought I might not get mastery and only expert, but nope, didn't lose two medals for actions, which I assume was due to using squalls SB for extra damage rather than using a wall RW, when even with a wall RW I probably would lose the 2 medals for damage anyway. In fact, I assume for most ultimate fights you're going to lose those two damage taken medals.

I wanted her in phase 3 as soon as possible because I figured mega death was a wasted turn for her, and even though osmose sucks it does no damage so you have a slight breather. when I won I was out of abilities with her at like 10-15% but cloud had a couple charges ready to cross slash while tidus did his default SB, I had wakka and vaan defend because their 1k damage or so on a normal melee hit wasn't worth risking a counterattack.

it was close and took a few hours worth of tries but hey, I have no native wall or hastega, so going 2/2 on the ultimate fights so far feels good, and rubicante doesn't scare me since I have pretty great 4 synergy. Bart doesn't scare me too much either if I can blast his pauldrons down fast but I'll worry about that later.

I know the fights get harder but I have to make due with what I have. Maybe I'll get lucky on a relic pull soon (lol).

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

This is the hardest fight I think.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ok, beat this on my 4th s/l try. Osmose was killing me and I was running out of abilities with about 20k~ish hp left and struggling the get her down. These ultimate fights have been a good challenge so far.