Page 293 of 370 FirstFirst ... 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 ... LastLast
Results 5841 to 5860 of 7390
  1. #5841
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    Can anyone explain to me how the Wandering hero works? I'm a new player and I'm kinda confused why this thing exists, it basically lets me one shot anything, including bosses. It feels like cheating.
    The damage ones are good early on, but for mid to late game content you're generally going to want supportive (Atk/Mag/Def reductions, Hastega, Atk/Mag up) or damage mitigation options (Wall, Shellga, Protectga, Runic).

  2. #5842
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    994
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    The damage ones are good early on, but for mid to late game content you're generally going to want supportive (Atk/Mag/Def reductions, Hastega, Atk/Mag up) or damage mitigation options (Wall, Shellga, Protectga, Runic).
    ^This

    I think after around level 60 or so difficulty, damage RW won't be able to completely carry you. Until then, I would definitely abuse it while it lasts to stock up a bunch of easy mythril off of the earlier story dungeons so you can get a quick start on relic pulls which should help you tackle the harder content.

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I feel like if you have native shout and both of Tyro's good relics then you should consider RWing one or the other. Then again I have neither.
    I would probably RW wall if I decide to incorporate KT into my group. Pro/shell last significantly longer than wall, and its rare that I need more than 1 use of pro/shell to complete a fight, short of fights where dispel is an issue. I'll most likely try him out as a healer with curaja/angelsong and mako might to open with KT once angelsong is released and see how it goes, but i feel like i give up too much if i try to work him into my group any other way.

  3. #5843
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,031
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    RW really depends on the fight. I took BSSB Gilg RW and wrecked Odin. That account can barely scrape 120 dungeons/event bosses. My main account usually takes AoE heal (preferably with +Regen) just for the "oh shit" moments.

  4. #5844
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,904
    BG Level
    10

  5. #5845
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,466
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Would it be worth using motes on Cloud to unlock 5* spellblade? If so, can that be taken further by then giving him access to 6*?

  6. #5846
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,904
    BG Level
    10

    If you have his relics, sure. He'll never get 6* access though.

  7. #5847
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,351
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    According to a random thread on reddit... unbreakable spellblade ( +30% spellblade damage ) doesn't work for burst commands?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...ng_for_marias/

  8. #5848
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    New FF7 event introduces Rufus and AC Tifa (AC Cloud reissue). Banner 1 has USB for Aerith+ new BSBs for Cloud and Cid (+ Zack reissue). Banner 2 has OSB for Tifa and BSBs for Vincent and Red (+Tifa reissue).

    Edit: Cloud got his HP and ATK buffed (99 Cloud: HP 6500 -> 6679; ATK 209 -> 222) as well as Samurai 5*.

  9. #5849
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,904
    BG Level
    10

    Wat? No Ultra for Cloud?

  10. #5850
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    As for now, No ultra realeased been for pure dmg, so maybe there's a pattern

  11. #5851
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,904
    BG Level
    10

  12. #5852
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Ultras seem to be the Overflow equivalent for healers and supports. Cloud gets a new BSB with Enwind though

  13. #5853
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    995
    BG Level
    5

    Not sure if this thread is the best friend to ask questions, since there' so many, and I don't want to necro post the generic FFRK, so here it goes:

    Everytime I log into FFRK, Im very overwhelmed by all these special events, special dungeons, nightmare dungeons, elite dungeons mote dungeons, just a lot of crazy shit, I'm level 20ish on the characters i have, ive been clearing the FF dungeons as I have been getting stamina, I'm not sure what content I am able to take on at my level, or more importantly what content I should be spending my stamina on while I'm still trying to get to level cap. I don't want to screw myself over by not doing super lucrative time gated stuff either.

  14. #5854
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,108
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    the core dungeons will be there forever, so i'd suggest at a minimum trying to clear as much of the weekly events (e.g., the gullwings one that's going on right now) as you can.

    you'll get a nice stash of growth eggs, new characters, and 3* equipment to shore up your realm synergy since you're not swimming in natural 5* gear at this stage. you also get mythril in each stage and you definitely don't want to pass that up; weekly events never repeat so you don't get to make that mythril up later.

    that's where things like BSB roaming warriors really come in handy, as long as you can slog through the stages and get to the boss, if you save one RW charge it will probably clear out the boss.

    nightmare dungeons recur every month so none of that stuff is missable. that's all higher level content, you'll need to have a decent variety of characters at 65+ and good ability hones, so that's something you'll tackle later on.

    you might even want to give the 45 difficulty fights a shot in the five dooms event, those are quite easy and i imagine would probably fall to 1-2 SSB/BSB RW casts, and the rewards are quite good for the effort.

  15. #5855
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    I have a ton of core dungeons left and this is basically how I play:
    - if a normal event is available, beat everything I can in that event
    - if a special event with really good rewards is available (there are Orb festivals that give you TONS of XP and orbs), run that hard
    - if I've beaten all current event content and there is no special orb event going on, run a core dungeon


    also, any elite or classic dungeon with 2 stamina shards gets priority. and be careful about wasting stamina when you rank up; if you're about to get another stamina point make sure you have just enough stamina to run that dungeon. usually I'll run a core dungeon that doesn't give shards, or a daily dungeon, when that happens


    other than that the only exception I can think of is if I just pulled a really good relic for a character that's underleveled; sometimes I will run the sunday dungeon for XP instead of core dungeons in that case.


    you might even want to give the 45 difficulty fights a shot in the five dooms event, those are quite easy and i imagine would probably fall to 1-2 SSB/BSB RW casts, and the rewards are quite good for the effort.

    also this. any dungeon that's just within reach by using RW is worth doing. don't feel bad; this game throws enough bullshit at you that using RW to beat such content is totally justified! and the rewards are often amazing and will propel you toward beating it more "honestly"


    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    not gonna lie, that's one damn sexy spreadsheet

  16. #5856
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    995
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I have a ton of core dungeons left and this is basically how I play:
    - if a normal event is available, beat everything I can in that event
    - if a special event with really good rewards is available (there are Orb festivals that give you TONS of XP and orbs), run that hard
    - if I've beaten all current event content and there is no special orb event going on, run a core dungeon


    also, any elite or classic dungeon with 2 stamina shards gets priority. and if you have nothing better to do than run core dungeons but you're about to get another stamina point, I would advise making sure you don't waste any stamina by running daily dungeons until you have just enough stamina left to run the next core dungeon.



    not gonna lie, that's one damn sexy spreadsheet
    Thanks! This kind of flowchart, triage thing was just what I was needing!

  17. #5857
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    no problem. you're basically where I was at a short while ago. good luck with your pulls and enjoy the game :D

  18. #5858
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,245
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Only thing I disagree with is don't skip the Sunday daily. It's one of the largest power boosts you'll get, especially early on.

  19. #5859
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    995
    BG Level
    5

    Oh how do i want to use my mithril? There's like 7 Draws with like 3 options I can do.... well 1 of them is free so that doesn't count.

  20. #5860
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    Oh how do i want to use my mithril? There's like 7 Draws with like 3 options I can do.... well 1 of them is free so that doesn't count.
    Honestly, I would wait at least until the next FF8 even in a few days to pull. It should carry the guaranteed 5* on 11 pull and thats really your best bet.

    Outside of that, early on festival banners and lucky draws may be your best focus, even if it means going a while without pulling. The festival banners (like right now with the 5 Dooms) have a good selection of strong options, and in the Lucky banners any 5* drawn will be a character relic, so nothing shared or no SB.

    It may/can be smart to go ahead and do the Keepers Choice banner (not the beginner) 11 pull, even without a guaranteed 5* because there are some good options in the "pick 1 for free" like AoE heals (Ramza's armor and Vanille's staff also grant party Protect), Leila and Red XIII's offer haste along with Shellga/Protectga respectively, and Faris' bow can decrease a targets Def/Res a good bit that stacks with other break or breakdown effects.

Page 293 of 370 FirstFirst ... 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (Smartphones)
    By 6souls in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 14728
    Last Post: 2016-01-08, 00:20