+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Used this setup to master:

Got a few lucky Dismissal procs but sap took a while to land. SS2 and Mighty Guard from Ysh and Quina. Also had Zeal on Thancred and Red wings for Steiner, SS was before I changed em.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Tried it, lowest I got her was 10% with seph midway using BM when she Seiken stock breaked and KOd Tyro and Zell (have burning rave and he's mvp for all melee dmg buffing), HoTF just did not cut it for Climhazzard, only healed them up enough for Beatrix to be able to KO if she chose to hit the weakest char.

Gonna throw on more def on Zell (kept getting KO'd alot) and bring healing grimoire RW and use momento for countering sap and using protectga shared SB on Steiner so Tyro can use steal power. Other then that, finding her manageable, even with no RS.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Done with + ++ and +++

gonna wait Monday for ultimate

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

GDI! Just realized one of the conditions isn't " have anyone not be KOd," so I could have mastered if I didn't SLd the fight I mentioned earlier ;/.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

My setup worked great. Note to the wise, if you want to avoid losing bring a second AoE healer or use an RW. Regenga saved me from Climhazzard but holy shit does she like to follow her second one up with Stock Break almost immediately.

Anyway, mastered it. It was a little sketchy because of Sap requirement but great fight. I love physical fights because then it comes down to raw timing and mitigation instead of a nukefest.

Ty, bring Eiko and use my Yuna for an easy victory. You just have to outlast her because with just PBD and SS/Protect she hits like Tyro using a back row 1* fist.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

About to try the fight. The sads when the fight plays Rose of May instead of Sword of Doubt.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

lol I would have 1 shot her but I tried to be clever and start casting my AOE heal before the 2nd Climhazzard went off. Jokes on me, heal went off before clim.

Definitely should get it in 1 or 2 more tries though. Wish I could spare one of my SB RMs for Beatrix so I could sap early but meh, need my defensive things.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    lol I would have 1 shot her but I tried to be clever and start casting my AOE heal before the 2nd Climhazzard went off. Jokes on me, heal went off before clim.

Definitely should get it in 1 or 2 more tries though. Wish I could spare one of my SB RMs for Beatrix so I could sap early but meh, need my defensive things.
    That's exactly what happened to me the first time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm really tempted to retaliate this, just because I want a no stress ultimate while I still have dungeon update to do.

But I don't want to be that guy.

Went through the other bonus fights no issue. Standard setups - mitigation, fullbreak, medal targets. Did kill Tantarian in one round. No problems at all.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

http://i.imgur.com/ANgbTb7.jpg

Pretty easy. One SL. P. Cecil was a big MVP.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've gotten her to 1/4 a few times but I always get fucked on back to back Clim and Stock Break. Even with Reinna's Princess' Favor I can't get anything cast fast enough to cancel the DOT. You guys weren't fucking kidding about this fight being a POS. lol

BG Level

Are you taking Memento? That's how I'm canceling Sap while I charge the heals.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah; the only way I could get memento to land before I died is if I was casting it when she used stock break which happened uh. . . once in 5 hours of S/Ling.

I gave up on a "normal" strat and ended up using a full retaliate party; lost one midway through the fight and literally seconds before the killing blow landed, she Holy'd a 2nd person so I took expert instead of S/Ling yet again. I'm going to spend the rest of the day farming XP and I'll give it another whirl tomorrow.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I never once had her do Clim and Stock break same time. Stock break is forced at 50% and the 2nd Clim is at 40%. Plenty of time in between to manage the gap.

BG Level

You just have to be careful to time it right and halt attacks after Stock Break. If you're unlucky, she'll use it right after the second Clim.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    This is my current plan for Ultimate

Spoiler: show

Steiner will get Banish Raid/Armor Strike when I get it
    Thancred is mostly there for sap and the song is the one that raise party's attack
    Selphie have Trabia Light SB

Planning to use Eiko's Emerald Light as RW (Haste + Heavy Regen)

Opinion?

Edit just saw that Eiko was Cura + Haste, ffs
    Opinion #2. Should i use this set up or replace protectga with memento and bring LH rw

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Spoiler: show

Took a little bit some s/l not to totally get owned by stupid stuff. Probly could of used something other then Kirin but didn't have a SB that could do regen. Dragon force SB as my RW took a good brunt of it though so that was amazing to have plus dismissal let me dodge a bit. Least I was able to master it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Opinion #2. Should i use this set up or replace protectga with memento and bring LH rw
    Having memento on your healer sucks depending on what she does because you may need to heal some people up between seiken stock and 2nd clim to prevent a potential one shot. Also, I think Magic Breakdown is pointless because all of Beatrix's shit except holy is physical afaik. I'd swap someone for Thancred who can bring Memento (I brought Ashe and used Memento + Waterja, but I only picked her because I have Northswain Glow.) Other than that, should be fine.

BG Level

But single nuke is kinda useless due to her reflect unless I bring reflect

I could bring pcecil with memento and draw fire

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

But single nuke is kinda useless due to her reflect unless I bring reflect

I could bring pcecil with memento and draw fire
    Except she uses it as the start then after the 50 % mark pretty scripted. Verry rare for her just to use it all the time. And you can just cast after dispel anyways rng is rng. But it's not that bad you have to be scared to use the good stuff.