+ Reply to Thread
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Bright house wifi hotspot?

They have a lot of hot spots around my city and you log in with your brighthouse email and a password you set.

Has anyone had any experience w/ this? Is it like Netflix where like anyone can sign in/wouldn't be an issue to ask someone I know w/ Bright house for that info?

Or do they make it hard to share/restrict it to certain mac addresses, etc.?

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Sounds like what Comcast does with their open Xfinitywifi hotspots. If it is; it's just home users who have a rented box that turns their service into a free hotspot for other customers.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It shouldn't be an issue as long as you use it within reason. They probably do have a cap of how many devices you can connect (or maybe flag it after so many different ones) but it's probably pretty high. I've logged on with multiple different phones + tablets and yet to run into a problem. I used to use it to watch TV on my lunch but then we moved buildings and there's no longer a hotspot in range of our carpark (unless I drive a few mins down the road)

It obviously gives you wifi and also lets you access whatever Brighthouse package you have on your box at home (Effectively make your phone/tablet/whatever another box). Person would have to trust you though as you can dick around with recordings/channel changing and order stuff from it.