Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
Results 1701 to 1720 of 1957
  1. #1701
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    When does the QR scanner unlock?

  2. #1702
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    When you get your Pokedex I think? It's fairly early on iirc. You should hurry up if you want Chikorita today on route 2

  3. #1703
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Is chikorita limited to today? Yeah I haven't played much since I got it been a busy holiday week. Planned to sit down and get through a bunch tomorrow

  4. #1704
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Island scan is based on day/location

    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/com...n_daylocation/

  5. #1705
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    947
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

    Ok, some questions regarding SOS chaining.

    1. Do I leave the initial mon alive and let them CFH? Or do you kill #1 when #2 shows up, then #2 when #3 shows and so on?

    2. Do "on enter" abilities trigger when the helper comes in to battle? (Weather, intimidate, etc)

    I wanted to try and get a Vulpix with Snow Warning in a Dive or Heavy Ball, so I tried SOS chaining. Eventually the thing killed itself because I ran it out of PP.

    Also, I have sooo many different types of balls. I love it. My only question is can I get more of them? So far mart only gives Poke-Ultra. Oak only gives me 1 outside of the trial people giving me a handful of the specialty balls. Only have 1 Heavy and I think it would look best on Alolapix.

  6. #1706
    Running Hell
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    1. You can do it either way and in fact if you feel the low HP mon is running out of PP you should kill it and let the CFH mon start summoning friends. The chain stays in affect as long as the battle goes on.

    2. Yes and thankfully this makes farming Snow Warning Vulpix easier than normal since you don't have to use Entrainment or other ability swapping moves to check.

    As far as other pokeballs there is a shop on Route 8 that sells some of the special kinds (Dive, Quick, Dusk, etc.) but the Heavy Ball and by extension the other Apricorn/Johto balls are a single pick up in the game so use it wisely.

  7. #1707
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Leashedragon View Post
    Ok, some questions regarding SOS chaining.
    Voyage covered most of it, but also anytime you're chaining pokeys you should use an adrenaline ball. You generally want to faint the inital mon once you think it might be running down on PP. To keep yourself from running down on PP, you can skip turns by tossing another adrenaline ball - it doesn't use up the item, because it has no effect after the first one you throw in any battle.

    For really long chains/shiny hunting/catching harder mons, someone has devised a perfect SOS chaining team here. But it will take a LOT of setup. I've been reluctant to make that team simply because I haven't found a good way to level stuff to 100 yet. I really don't want to grind the elite4 all day, fuck that shit.

  8. #1708
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Yeah, Blissey Bases really spoiled me last gen. Feels like it takes an eternity to level once you start getting into the 50-70 range now. Especially with only one Lucky Egg available.

  9. #1709
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    The one note to SOS chaining is that some species only show up when called by another, like Mareanie called by Corsola. If the Corsola in this example is knocked out, Mareanie doesn't ever call for help so your chain is ended unless you "save" it. This particular example is especially tricky because Mareanie targets Corsola.

    This is part of why I'm not a fan of the new GTS's canned messages. I liked searching for HAs and putting HAs up, and it's going to make hunting for them a bit tougher without communication.

  10. #1710
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,948
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    The one note to SOS chaining is that some species only show up when called by another, like Mareanie called by Corsola. If the Corsola in this example is knocked out, Mareanie doesn't ever call for help so your chain is ended unless you "save" it. This particular example is especially tricky because Mareanie targets Corsola.

    This is part of why I'm not a fan of the new GTS's canned messages. I liked searching for HAs and putting HAs up, and it's going to make hunting for them a bit tougher without communication.
    Corsolla chaining is the fastest way to get mareanie, but you CAN encounter Mareanie in the same area with like a 1% spawn rate for chaining that way, although it's a giant pain in the ass :/

  11. #1711
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,188
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    My younger brother just picked up Sun. As any proper older brother would, I kindly request help with making the most frustrating and annoying team you can face battling eachother since I've never been into the competitive side of pokeymans.

  12. #1712
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Finally got a chance to start plating. Any tips? I literally just started rowlet level 10 on route 1 no idea why I even captured anything they are all level 3. Most pokemon games you could wait till 2nd or 3rd area to start capturing some level 5-7s get a butterfree and rape.

  13. #1713
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Finally got a chance to start plating. Any tips? I literally just started rowlet level 10 on route 1 no idea why I even captured anything they are all level 3. Most pokemon games you could wait till 2nd or 3rd area to start capturing some level 5-7s get a butterfree and rape.
    The levels of pokemon in this game are actually decent (so as you progress you actually get pokemon that are a decent level so you don't have to worry about severely underleveled pokemon for a good chunk of early game) but main tip I can give you is make use of your pokedex for finding specific pokemon - each patch of grass does indeed have different sets of pokemon even on the same route. So if youre looking for a specific pokemon the dex will point you to the right grass patch you should look around in.

  14. #1714
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,680
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Tohmane View Post
    My younger brother just picked up Sun. As any proper older brother would, I kindly request help with making the most frustrating and annoying team you can face battling eachother since I've never been into the competitive side of pokeymans.
    This is a lot easier if you can wait until the Pokemon Bank opens and get non-Aloha Pokemon. Here's a good start for you though.


    Slowbro (The No Fun Bro)
    @Leppa Berry

    -Recycle
    -Heal Pulse
    -Block
    -Slack Off

    Block them form escaping, Heal them as they struggle to death, Heal yourself with Slack Off, never run out of PP from recycling the Leppa berry


    Aron (Level 1 with Sturdy)
    @Shell Bell

    -Endeavor
    -Sand Storm

    Sturdy combined with Shell Bell lets you survive KO every turn from any single hit; they need a multi-hit, weather condition, or status to pierce Sturdy in order to kill you. Endeavor drops the enemy Pokemon to your HP. Sand storm is to replace enemy weather with your own and for passive weather to kill enemy Pokemon. Can have anything else in the other two slots, but Toxic or Stealth Rock are good choices.


    Magnemite (also Level 1 with Sturdy)
    @Oran Berry
    -Protect
    -Recycle
    -Toxic
    -Magic Coat

    First turn you use Toxic (or Magic Coat if you think the enemy is going to try status you). Same Sturdy trick as Aron keeps him alive through the counterattack and the Oran Berry heals you up. Next turn you use Recycle to get your Oran Berry back and you survive again due to the Sturdy trick. Next turn you Protect. Then Recycle. Toxic will eventually kill the enemy.


    Klefki (Prankster)
    @Leftovers

    Thunder Wave
    Swagger
    Substitute
    Foul Play

    Substitute, either Paralyze or start Swagger spam depending on the Pokemon. Keep substitute up and go for Foul Play KOs.


    Combine these four with two more "wall" type Pokemon (Blissey/Chansey, Multiscale Lugia, Ferrothorn, Rest Cresselia) and you have max frustration inducing team. Can also go for a Pokemon that can spam max minimize. That's also annoying as hell.

  15. #1715
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,262
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    So um... what should I use my master ball on? Necrozma?

  16. #1716
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,948
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    So um... what should I use my master ball on? Necrozma?
    You can really use it on anything, it isn't really required for anything, I still have mine and am done catching legendaries :O

  17. #1717
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Over like..250 or something chain for a shiny and nothin. These rates are horrible for it being so 'easy' lol

  18. #1718
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,802
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Whats this 'easy' way to get shinies?

  19. #1719
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Whats this 'easy' way to get shinies?
    Involves adrenaline orbs to make them call for SOS at low hp over and over again which supposedly raises rates. All the streamers I've seen, the highest chain they'd have to see is like 100-150 lol, so my luck is absurdlyh bad.,

  20. #1720
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    I'm just waiting until I can bring over my living dex for shiny charm before even bothering for shinies.

Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pokemon Go (Mobile July 2016)
    By Kaslo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 3329
    Last Post: 2017-08-05, 01:40