+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bladen Ansgar View Post
    Here is my typical opening rounds. No one is ready so someone eats 3-4k from an attack. Yuna finally gets protect up. Damage Leblanc to force the draw fire. Blind shot. If it lands continue. MG8 (I switched). Banish strike Leblanc. Try to burn her down. Try to heal other person up before they die. Someone else now eats 3k, usually multiple combined with no lost love/fan. I am starting from behind on all of these and since there are only 2 walls in the game and I have neither and all my curagas are the weak shared ones I am pretty much giving up on Ultimates. I am forced to spend mythril or like that last 4 hrs save loading only to get murdered in 1 round when i get them to 10%. AoE is the worst thing to bring to this fight, I found that much out. Changed to melee party. Not doing much better.
    I don't think there's anything you can really do but restart if you get KO'd Hail of Bullets > Huggles. It happened to me a lot regardless of my setup, but you have a couple of turns to get mitigating buffs up before that happens. Having a second healer helped immensely at the beginning, and I put Dispel on mine because ideally Dispel wouldn't be used that much and I could prioritize cover healing as needed. Blindga was a better choice for me than Blind Shell because I could put it on the BLM and let the melee use Tempo Flurry to try to Slow everyone, which, as noted by others previously, also helps a great deal (especially with Leblanc using Love Tap).

No Love Lost is a scripted move (reddit says every 6th turn) so you can try to anticipate Leblanc using it, and I wanted her dead as fast as possible to avoid the Mach Fan spam.

Blind status didn't seem to make a difference at all with Hail of Bullets; the only thing I could do was hope Logos would split the damage and heal up afterward. My tablet's taken a lot of verbal assault in the last 48 hours.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

Beyond ridiculous but got it and even got the mastery with 3 lost. Took absolutely perfect timing on abilities and Rikku nailing final blind shot so I could finish off last bit of gunner before he did his overpowered low hit multi attack. I really hope they add some more walls because the mitigation requirements are getting ridiculous.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly Blind really helped me in this fight. Both Ormi and Logos were missing almost constantly. I also managed to Slow both Ormi and Leblanc, they barely had a chance to do anything. Sounds like bad RNG, sadly this is part of the game.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, blind shot Ormi followed by Logos made it a breeze. Then slow Ormi and Leblanc. Makes it take longer for him to reapply draw fire, and makes Leblanc slow enough to not spam the haste move and no love lost.

Also; AoE attacks are not necessarily the best idea for this fight, as all three of them start doing more damage at low health. And you do not want all three of them at low health at once if you already have a hard time surviving. If you have a hard time surviving it might be better to focus them down one at a time instead of relying on AoE attacks.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

And mastered. Still had a little bit of issue because I should have brought a couple different abilities

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Yeah, blind shot Ormi followed by Logos made it a breeze. Then slow Ormi and Leblanc. Makes it take longer for him to reapply draw fire, and makes Leblanc slow enough to not spam the haste move and no love lost.

Also; AoE attacks are not necessarily the best idea for this fight, as all three of them start doing more damage at low health. And you do not want all three of them at low health at once if you already have a hard time surviving. If you have a hard time surviving it might be better to focus them down one at a time instead of relying on AoE attacks.
    Depends on the strength of your AoE though. If you have enough AoE firepower, you can zerg them down before they really do anything. Someone cleared them stupidly fast using AoE spells and I'd imagine with heavy hitting AoE SB's that would be even faster.

Under Shout or PP, Leblanc can be downed in like a round with the right SB's / abilities. And if enough of it is AoE, Logos should be a good way to dead too.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Yea, they don't have a lot of HP. With Shout and some AoE SBs/abilities LeBlanc can die in a round of attacks.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd say the people struggling surviving against them don't have enough AoE power to take them down in a round of attacks though, hence my point. If you're already struggling against them it'd probably better to take them out one at a time. Personally I AoE'd them all to death before I had Ramza.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I had to switch from a mage meta to physical setup for the win. Mage synergy in X for me is nonexistent.

Still so much RNG on my fight between hail of bullets constantly going for Bartz and blind shell deciding to play along. Oh and Ormi deciding to use his single hit windup vs. multi. The first time I got trashcanned by a 4k AOE sweeper. Yikes!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hail of bullets is auto hit, so I think the better countermeasure is draw fire. In fact, DF+reta should immunize the majority of logos and ormi's attacks (not ormi's AOEs though). And slow, of course, particularly on leblanc to slow down no love lost.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    I had to switch from a mage meta to physical setup for the win. Mage synergy in X for me is nonexistent.

Still so much RNG on my fight between hail of bullets constantly going for Bartz and blind shell deciding to play along. Oh and Ormi deciding to use his single hit windup vs. multi. The first time I got trashcanned by a 4k AOE sweeper. Yikes!
    I think I lucked out, mastered the first time with no medals lost - I kept banishing striking LeBlanc and each round she kept putting buffs back up. Tempo Flurry landed on LeBlanc the first time. Blind Shell missed the first time, but landed on both the other two after, and they never hit me. Swapped out Aerith for Yuna, so since I had no Planet Protector I used Scream as RW... PT set up was:

Zack, TempoFlurry, MagicBreak - SSB never used..
    Tyro, Full Break, Banishing Strike - Sentinals Grim
    Squall, Lifesiphon, DoubleAttack - BlastingZone
    Yuna, Curaga, Protectga - Hymm
    Rikku, BlindShell ThiefsRevenge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5