Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,625
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    If "didn't fit me well" was being unable to physically sit inside comfortably; then the Tacoma discussion is moot. The Toyota/Nissan/Chevy midsize offerings are all solid for what they are. Nissan is end of model year I believe, could check them out also and probably get some discounts.

    Fullsize is a different story for those who really work a truck and/or [salted] winters.

  2. #22
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    955
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    You should definitely decide between midsize or full size first because there is a big difference and the best brand for full sized truck might not be the same as the best for a mid sized truck.
    I've pretty much decided on midsize.

    I've looked at the Nissan Frontier and found the interior to be lacking, small infotainment center, no DIC, pretty rough interior layout and MPG were really low. As reliable as I hear Nissans are, I kinda pushed that to the back for now.

    As far as Tacoma space, my head literally grazes the roof so I imagine bumpy roads going decently fast is gonna have my hitting it more often than not. I actually test drove it and the steering wheel was also rubbing against my thigh.

    The Colorado is my top choice atm, only thing stopping me from fully settling is the fact I hear they aren't reliable. Which I take with a grain of salt cause people also swear by them.

  3. #23
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    I've pretty much decided on midsize.

    I've looked at the Nissan Frontier and found the interior to be lacking, small infotainment center, no DIC, pretty rough interior layout and MPG were really low. As reliable as I hear Nissans are, I kinda pushed that to the back for now.

    As far as Tacoma space, my head literally grazes the roof so I imagine bumpy roads going decently fast is gonna have my hitting it more often than not. I actually test drove it and the steering wheel was also rubbing against my thigh.

    The Colorado is my top choice atm, only thing stopping me from fully settling is the fact I hear they aren't reliable. Which I take with a grain of salt cause people also swear by them.
    In real world driving conditions the Nissan Frontier gets better mpg and has slightly higher horse power output than the Tacoma. I agree with you that the interior is lacking in finesse compared to the Tacoma.

    I test drove the Tacoma and the Frontier a lot as they were really my only two choices that I considered. The Nissan's are often overlooked and not as popular than the Tacoma's so you can get a better deal on them. You walk into the Toyota dealer and they turn their nose up at you and say "We don't need to make a deal with you because its a Toyota." We actually had a sales person say that to us. We were getting ready to drop cash down on the table and walk out with the truck that day and we asked them to throw in an extended warranty and a spray in bed liner I think for their asking price.

  4. #24
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,680
    BG Level
    9

    Oh, so mid-size is what OP wants. Guess the F150 is out of the picture haha.

    I wish they still offered Rangers in Canada. Trucks are next to nothing to insure in my city.

  5. #25
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    I've pretty much decided on midsize.

    I've looked at the Nissan Frontier and found the interior to be lacking, small infotainment center, no DIC, pretty rough interior layout and MPG were really low. As reliable as I hear Nissans are, I kinda pushed that to the back for now.

    As far as Tacoma space, my head literally grazes the roof so I imagine bumpy roads going decently fast is gonna have my hitting it more often than not. I actually test drove it and the steering wheel was also rubbing against my thigh.

    The Colorado is my top choice atm, only thing stopping me from fully settling is the fact I hear they aren't reliable. Which I take with a grain of salt cause people also swear by them.
    I don't know if we have enough information for real reliability other than word of mouth.

    I agree with Blue... don't know why ford stopped making the Ranger, those things were boss.

  6. #26
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3
    BG Level
    0
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    I had a 2006 Tacoma for 8 years and absolutely loved it and regret trading it in for my wrangler every day. It never needed any maintenance, with the exception of oil changes and crap like that. I never even had to change a light bulb. I was also looking at getting the 2016 model, but a lot of the reviews were VERY negative. A lot of complaints about the new transmission and engine combo seeming to not communicate efficiently, hesitate, and scream just trying to climb small hills. Toyota swears the engine and transmission are operating exactly how they should but it still worries me. I would say test drive them and see how you feel. The Colorado got some great reviews but still not as reliable as Toyota vehicles IMO

  7. #27
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    955
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Yeah my 2007 tacoma has been a beast of a truck and really took a beating, I neglected the shit out of it and the only problem I've had was to replace a light bulb which was $2. Yeah I see the Colorado has won truck of the year two times in a row but I just don't want surprises at 50k miles or w.e. Really torn on if I should get the Colorado or if I should put up with the smaller Tacoma cab.

  8. #28
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,680
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I agree with Blue... don't know why ford stopped making the Ranger, those things were boss.
    They still make them, but Ford Canada doesn't offer it due to how popular the F150s are here. New Ranger has such a tiny flatbed, they're deviating so much what it was originally for. Such a shame.

  9. #29
    Shallow and Pedantic
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,996
    BG Level
    7

    I drive a 2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman. The inside is very nice and it has serious power. Anyone of my friends who have driven it states it barely feels like a truck because of how smooth it drives. 5.7L Hemi.... tech package..... thing is serious.

    So scratch those and get a RAM.

  10. #30
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Resale value is also something you should consider. The highest resale value vehicles are, #1 Toyota 4Runner and #2 Toyota Tacoma. You could put hundreds of thousands of miles on them and still get more money back than ANY other vehicle when you want to sell.

  11. #31
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    I drive a 2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman. The inside is very nice and it has serious power. Anyone of my friends who have driven it states it barely feels like a truck because of how smooth it drives. 5.7L Hemi.... tech package..... thing is serious.

    So scratch those and get a RAM.

    Fuck Dodge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. We would like to invite you!
    By jakeg in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2005-11-09, 14:44
  2. What are all your opinions on this?
    By Wulf in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 2005-05-16, 10:05
  3. Opinions on BST ... ?
    By Warudo Ecksu in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2005-04-23, 13:06
  4. Do you got idiots like this on your server?
    By Aikar in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2005-03-23, 17:48
  5. I would like to say thx to almaa
    By Empire in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2004-10-26, 14:38